**** me dead check this out lads (penns interview with hadley)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: F**k me dead check this out lads (penns interview with hadley)

The Penns have no intention to relocate the club to the CC - why would they, they're peninsula through and through.
[/quote]

Money!, the honest truth is that there are too many clubs in Sydney and eventually the numbers will be cut. An NRL club on the CC will make money in the longer term.

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179153.msg207028#msg207028 date=1234663214]
  The Penns have no intention to relocate the club to the CC - why would they, they're peninsula through and through.
[/quote]

Money!, the honest truth is that there are too many clubs in Sydney and eventually the numbers will be cut. An NRL club on the CC will make money in the longer term.
[/quote]  Yes, but of all the clubs in Sydney we would have least reason.  We've tried and failed once, and we have a brand that covers a swathe of nearly 1/4 of the city. 

There are many other clubs stacked cheek by jowl and sharing facilities that would have reason to relocate, but not us.

I really can't see the CC being on the agenda, as Mata said we have already tried and it was an abject failure....for both the club and the local fans. I couldn't see the CC fans embracing us second time around, they have long memories and would stay away in droves. It'd take too long (10 years +) to build on the young kids fanbase, we'd be broke and buried long before that even with a NRL grant for relocation.

I honestly believe that the only way a CC team would be successful is a franchise in it's own right, with it's own name and strip. I can't see a relocation of any Sydney side working, there is no ownership for the locals in that scenario.

Was I correct in hearing Penn say his family was 1st to bail out the Eagles then Max came in over the top?

TokyoEagle link said:
Was I correct in hearing Penn say his family was 1st to bail out the Eagles then Max came in over the top?
no mate
the penn family were the first to mute buying the club then max came in over the top.

Max was the won who saved us in 2002 no one can deny that.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Corso_Pete link=topic=179153.msg207030#msg207030 date=1234667028]
[/quote]

[/quote]  Yes, but of all the clubs in Sydney we would have least reason.  We've tried and failed once, and we have a brand that covers a swathe of nearly 1/4 of the city. 

There are many other clubs stacked cheek by jowl and sharing facilities that would have reason to relocate, but not us.
[/quote]

I am not disagreeing with you, but rather playing devils advocate. If this spat is simply about unpaid monies by Delmege then the actions by the FC & Leagues Club board members is reprehensible, after all what has Mayers' retention got to do with an unpaid debt?

I then have to ask myself the question what is this all about, because I am damm sure I don't know. So are there agenda's?, if so both parties should come clean with what they are.

As far as I am concerned the only authority that the FC board members, regardless of the opinion in which they are held are only have one job on this board, and that is to exercise the control of our preferential share, any decision they make beyond that without the members agreeing to it would be a breach of their duties.  

On another matter raised in that interview.......does anyone know what this alleged multi million dollar sponsorship arrangement is that Mayer has organised. Is it something different to Qantum Hot Water ??

Nope, the deal they are talking about is the Quantum deal. I wish there was another multi-million dollar one though!

Corso_Pete link said:

How so? The Mariners have been at the top of the A League since it's inception and still can't pack out the stupid 3/4 stadium.

The crowd for the final last week was the worst they have had and that was a FINALS game that decided their season.

People that live up here will only go and see a team when they think they are 100% assured of winning and when the surf is not good.

They incentive given to a team to relocate will quickly dry up and whoever moves will be gone again quickly ala the Northern Eagles

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=TokyoEagle link=topic=179153.msg207044#msg207044 date=1234676395]
no mate
the penn family were the first to mute buying the club then max came in over the top.

Max was the won who saved us in 2002 no one can deny that.
[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying that Cliffy.

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179153.msg207037#msg207037 date=1234672725]
[quote author=Corso_Pete link=topic=179153.msg207030#msg207030 date=1234667028]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am not disagreeing with you, but rather playing devils advocate. If this spat is simply about unpaid monies by Delmege then the actions by the FC & Leagues Club board members is reprehensible, after all what has Mayers' retention got to do with an unpaid debt?

I then have to ask myself the question what is this all about, because I am damm sure I don't know. So are there agenda's?, if so both parties should come clean with what they are.

As far as I am concerned the only authority that the FC board members, regardless of the opinion in which they are held are only have one job on this board, and that is to exercise the control of our preferential share, any decision they make beyond that without the members agreeing to it would be a breach of their duties. 
[/quote]  Playing Devil's advocate too - what you say above, is that in the constitution of the Football Club and/or of Manly Warringah Pty Ltd?

Oh if it was as simple as Mata's alludes.  Any director, once elected plays the cards that he or she thinks are best, or caucuses with other like minded directors.  It's politics Matas!  On every issue if one follows the logic of Matas then we are looking at referendums for the members on every agenda item. (A thought that I wouldn't be adverse to given the ease of electronic voting etc)  Anyway I agree with you on one point, this is not just a simple blowup over monies owed.  There's another agenda happening which I can't figure out, along with everybody else on this blog..I just wish it would end.....nicely.       

DSM5, agreed it is politics and like you I am not sure of the agenda but there is a lot of disinformation here. Some are concerned that Penn has gone to the media but others are equally concerned that Max's little half a million oversight is an issue.

The bit that worries me is that Mayer has been shafted simply because he is not bowing and scraping to some of the old dinosaurs in the club who have vested interests in keeping their status. I don't care about the past but rather want to club to focus on the future. It is now a business and whilst good will and in-house relations are important, the long term survival of the club depends on how we respond to change and what is ahead. It grieves me to see this nonsense spread all over the front of the newspaper!

The role that Meyer has in this mess is puzzling.  Did he overreach himself in meddling in the politics of the club?  Did he align himself with one faction?  Did he promise much and deliver little, or not as much as he promised?  Perhaps a little bowing and scraping might have been in order.  In all organizations there is a residual 'old style' participant who look to the past.  It takes diplomacy and organizational skilsl to manage these people and move everyone forward.  Did Meyer offer an olive branch to these old style directors?  Is he the Messiah that people think?  I don't know, but CEOs come and go as do directors, and hopefully the Penns and Delmeges can put aside their differences and work together for the good of the club, whatever that is.   

Good questions. Having worked in similar organisations to you, I know the residual old style participant to which you refer. Diplomacy is important but I still can't see what is to be achieved in shafting him. Is Max mad simply because he is under pressure to pay up. It would seem there is a lot more to it than that - probably too late for him now.

DSM5 link said:
I don't know, but CEOs come and go as do directors, and hopefully the Penns and Delmeges can put aside their differences and work together for the good of the club, whatever that is.   
I agree DSM5. The public nature of the spat is the worrying feature. It is hard to see long-term reconciliation after the nature of the statements made, but we can only hope.

I wish I could treat half a mill as an "oversight".  Does anyone seriously believe the first reminder given to Delmege on the non-payment was at Thursday night's press conference?  ::)

can't you?  Matas I never pay on the first reminder and I'm sure you don't.  And really mate, not every one is as poor as you....we are the silvertails after all.  Maybe you could take up supporting Souffs.   

I wonder how many "reminders" can be sent in a 5 month period?

When you're dealing with millions Mata, small change tends to be forgotten.  Most of us know this.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6