McIntyre system dumped for 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Point raised on twitter
What advantage do the Minor Premiers get by playing a harder game in week 1 of the finals than teams 5, 6, 7, and 8?
. Team 5 gets the easiest first round game? WTF!

@Silvertails unchanged - played in "home cities" in weeks one and two. So Manly would play at SFS again. Home regions in week 3

The advantage is they (Team 1) can't be kncoked out week 1. Team 5 can be if they lose.

Teams 1 and 2 could not get eliminated in week 1 of the McIntyre system. It is teams 3 and 4 which the new system ensures also survive week one , whether they win or lose.

The Eagle said:
LOL@COPYING FUMBLEBALL........McIntire was fair

if you come 8th you get the floor wiped with you,its that simple

Not really true 8th has it a bit better off playing 5th instead of 1st

Like its been said, top 4 keep home ground advantage win or lose and the current setup works fine.

Now 1 and 2 have to basically play a grand final intensity game in week 1 while 5th place gets the fodder.
How is making it harder for team 1 and 2 plus team 3 and 4 not getting a home game week 1 a better system?
Just make it a top 5 again with the minor prems getting the week off.

Top 5 was absolutely better. Minor prem only had to win 1 game to make the GF, anyone else had to beat the minor pre to win the comp. Can't see any flaws in that except the $ generated by 9 games v 6.

No matter what system they use, it will always favour out of Sydney sides who actually get to use their home grounds in weeks 1 and 2. Under the new system team 1 has absolutely no advantage if both they and team 4 are from Sydney. Same goes for 2v3.

firechild said:
Top 5 was absolutely better. Minor prem only had to win 1 game to make the GF, anyone else had to beat the minor pre to win the comp. Can't see any flaws in that except the $ generated by 9 games v 6.

No matter what system they use, it will always favour out of Sydney sides who actually get to use their home grounds in weeks 1 and 2. Under the new system team 1 has absolutely no advantage if both they and team 4 are from Sydney. Same goes for 2v3.

Well put. Top 5 was awesome. It was intense and worthy of a finals series that was a real achievement to qualify for.

I agree that 2012 system doesn't do enough for the minor premiers though. 1 and 2 exactly the same. Not that McIntyre was any better there tho.

If we r staying with a top 8 I think this year is the best system.

Also the only 2 years the league used this one (95 & 96) Manly did make the GF so all good!

The reason the new system is better is because you know exactly what happens to you if you win or lose. There is none of this, 'maybe we are still in it rubbish.' That's what I like.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4