mayor exposes penn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need answers from our owners about the future of Brookvale. The debate has gone on long enough. The council won't approve the Penn project and we need a home ground that meets the criteria set by the NRL.

Shortly we are going to be bombarded with requests to renew our season tickets and the club are not able at this.stage able to offer certainty about our home games.and where they will be played.

This needs be decided pronto!!!

Bring on Council amalgamations. Currently Manly & Pittwater areas get the social benefits of having a local NRL team without any costs. And Warringah Council has been a basket case for as long as I can remember, so better for all when they are gone.

I don't know how much of the Warringah Council fees relate specifically to hosting an NRL team, and keeping the ground at NRL standard, and how much they would incur anyway if Manly wasn't a tenant. Does anyone have any insight?

The mayor of Warringah Council is a dickhead and the Warringah council is fcked . Like most Councils they are a incompetent pain in the ass
They can turn the oval into a park and fck themselves there
It is a Park - Brookvale Park houses Brookvale Oval and is a great Community Asset.
Luckily it can not be sold by anyone as the Council are mere custodians of the asset.:)

October 17 we have the Brookie Show Folks :party:

Can we halve the size of the unit blocks...? Increase the size of the community use areas...? :wondering:

Can we halve the size of the unit blocks...? Increase the size of the community use areas...? :wondering:
Its all community area now, the roads can not support more cars @:cool:

All the profit would go to the Developer and nothing to the land owner - dumb idea to start with @:rolleyes:

The mayor of Warringah Council is a dickhead and the Warringah council is fcked . Like most Councils they are a incompetent pain in the ass
They can turn the oval into a park and fck themselves there
Yer but what do you really think?

Penn has been saying that the sale of the towers would fund the stadium build as I assume its a complete knock down/rebuild, which is maybe fine in terms of funding but:

My concerns are firstly 2 x 30 story towers in Brookvale just do not fit into the landscape of the beaches period (as you said - monstrosities). Secondly infrastructure in the area couldn't cope. Not just in terms of transport and you need to look at the schools and everything up from there. You can see it around where I am in Narrabeen. The more unit blocks that go up along Pittwater Road, the more people move in, the more crowded a small area gets. I did a tour of the Lakes primary school and you can see that place is going to cop the brunt of it over the next ten years as people that moved in start sending their kids to school. It's on a small parcel of land and is already pretty stretched space wise, but when the number of students doubles in about 5-6 years, what to they do? They get crammed in and their education will suffer. Then those students flow on to an already crowded high school. And that is just the public education.
Exactly, look at how packed out Mona Vale Public school is since they built out Warriewood Valley

Exactly, look at how packed out Mona Vale Public school is since they built out Warriewood Valley
I lived in there before - hated it. One bus line servicing that area. And McPherson St always floods. But yeah, build that Meriton mini city right on the wetlands. Brilliant!

Just a Question. Are any of the other Clubs Grounds run By Councils.
Leichhardt Oval is and the Tigers have the same issue.
All the other Clubs have State Government built and owned facilities.

Northern Beaches never got a look in, being a safe Liberal seat during decades of Labor @:rolleyes:

Leichhardt Oval is and the Tigers have the same issue.
All the other Clubs have State Government built and owned facilities.

Northern Beaches never got a look in, being a safe Liberal seat during decades of Labor @:rolleyes:

It's So wrong we Can't get a Stadium to be proud of and Those Squeels can get a 20 Million Uprgrade on a Stadium not that Old

I wrote to the Premier two weeks ago with a simple question: Why is there not one decent stadium on the north side of Sydney Harbour? Baird's minders flick passed it to the Minister for Sport, and I've just received an answer... well, not an answer - an old press release which tells me what I knew weeks ago about all the great plans for the west and the east.
So, I have asked them to answer my question, specifically.
Seriously, politicians are the PITS. They even rank lower than RL referees!

I wrote to the Premier two weeks ago with a simple question: Why is there not one decent stadium on the north side of Sydney Harbour? Baird's minders flick passed it to the Minister for Sport, and I've just received an answer... well, not an answer - an old press release which tells me what I knew weeks ago about all the great plans for the west and the east.
So, I have asked them to answer my question, specifically.
Seriously, politicians are the PITS. They even rank lower than RL referees!

Isn't the minister for sport both?

Well a full scale attack on inner western ring-in Mickey Regan from ZtH in his column this morning. The entire Z-view was devoted to the subject of BO, Warringah Council, and what to do about it.

CLUB CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY $45,000 A GAME RENT AT A RUNDOWN BROOKVALE OVAL
Peter Peters

WARRINGAH Council’s Jaguar-driving Mayor Michael Regan has been scaremongering his 140,000 residents as he battles to justify the exorbitant $45,000 a game rent for rundown Brookvale Oval.

getimage.aspx

Picture: MARK EVANS

Brookvale Oval is still the centre of a controversy between the Sea Eagles and Warringah Council in relation to hiring the ground.

Regan virtually declared war on the Manly Sea Eagles and its army of fans this week when he said: “Maybe fans are right when they say the NRL and the Penns want to move to Gosford and are using the council as a scapegoat so they can blame us for the decision.”

This comes at a time when the Sea Eagles membership packages have been released indicating 10 games will be played at Brookvale Oval next season.

And Sea Eagles owners the Penn family remain adamant they want the team to remain at Brookvale, but under a financially fair rental agreement.

In Wednesday’s Manly Daily, Cr Regan said the club had signed the lease and had made millions of dollars from the venue this year thanks to a subsidy of $600,000 by Warringah ratepayers. Wrong again, Mr Mayor. The Sea Eagles made money on a handful of games in 2015 – two were “home” games taken away from Brookvale Oval in the premiership in Albury (v Canberra) and Gosford (v Brisbane).

And, thanks to a generous and accommodating Pittwater Council, the club had a successful financial return from a trial game at Rat Park against Cronulla.

Other successful financial games were Parramatta ($5000), South Sydney ($55,000) and Cronulla Sharks ($50,000).

Hardly the millions Mr Regan openly declared were received.

CONTENTIOUS TIMES

NOW to the crux of the dispute between the council and the Sea Eagles.

Regan repeatedly refers to a lease agreement in place.

Warringah Council insists an agreement is in place and the Sea Eagles believe there isn’t and are willing to go to an independent arbiter to decide who is right.

The 2014 lease agreed by previous management is the basis for the current arrangement, according to the council.

But immediately new management arrived at the club late last year, chief executive Joe Kelly and chief financial officer Neil Bare made it clear the existing lease was no longer relevant or acceptable in their view, despite the provision which said the lease would be carried over next season (2015) should a new agreement not be reached.

Despite many attempts by the Sea Eagles, this hasn’t happened.

The Sea Eagles were prepared to negotiate their future at Brookvale Oval over multiple years if the council had shown a willingness to bring the cost of matches in line with charges to other clubs in a variety of sports.

That it has been unwilling to bend is scandalous for such a rundown public sporting facility.

Both rugby union and football have been charged less than $1000 to hire the ground for one-off fixtures.

Manly Council charges Manly Cricket Club $25,000 for use of Manly Oval for seven months a year.

To ask $45,000 a game for a game for a ground with no full-time curator, no under cover seating for the disabled and archaic facilities is nothing short of outrageous.

BROOKVALE FACTS

WARRINGAH Council has tried to gate crash the Sea Eagles Facebook site because few people read its own.

Here are some facts on Brookvale Oval:

The Sea Eagles have the fewest number of prepaid reserve and undercover seats of any full-time venue in the NRL.

Manly have the most limited corporate hospitality of any full-time venue and can’t hold a home semi-final.

Our playing surface is the only NRL playing surface that is available to the public.

The Sea Eagles are being charged the heftiest hire fee of any suburban ground in the NRL for the worst playing surface.

The council openly claims it is subsidising the Sea Eagles’ use of Brookvale Oval when the Sea Eagles subsidise 75 per cent of the council’s annual operating costs of the public park for the right to play at the venue 10 times a year. It should be noted the ground is only used 10 times a year for training or an equivalent 10 hours training a year.

WE WANT TO STAY

PERHAPS it’s time for a former Sea Eagle of the ilk of Steve Menzies or a Jason King to form a sports minded Warringah Council.

It is clearly evident that the peninsula’s pride and joy in sport isn’t encouraged by Warringah Council despite it’s 70-year iconic history.

The club has played at Brookie since 1947 and, as a board member of the Sea Eagles, I can assure supporters that no one on the board wants to leave Brookvale Oval.

But as directors we can’t accept the current rental conditions which would lead to a subsequent financial disaster.

The outcry over unpaid rent to a 70-year tenant is a smokescreen for a council which doesn’t want to meet community commitments.
============================================
The fact that the Penn's were part of the 'previous' management is lost on ZtH.:cool:

Pretty sure that a signed commercial agreement is valid even if the Management of one entity changes.@:cool:

So Profitable Brookie Crowds were:
rd 24-11,018 Parramatta ($5,000),
rd 22-15,083 South Sydney ($55,000)
rd 17-14,881 Cronulla Sharks ($50,000)
Strange that rd 25-12,911 Rorters game did not return a profit if, at 11k for Parra they made a 5k profit :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6