mayor exposes penn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lovefooty

Reserve Grader
The mayor has called out Scott Penn today on the front page of the daily. So we have owners who wont pay there bills. Was that not what they (Penn )had a go at max about in 2009.
Didn't they say 1 owner was the way to go. We don't need to spreed the risk. Its all good.
Didn't Dave Perry make profits for the club playing out of brookvale.
I agree with the Mayor here. They are looking for a reason to move out. If the council wont approve 30 story buildings so they can make profits from land deals or give the oval to the penns , then they want out.
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then its a duck. Or zorba the biggest wood duck who is in the Penn family.
We know what your up to Mr fluffy.(scott)

lol this was in the herald last week so they must think we all missed that.

Look - it's hard to pick a side here. You have Penn who is well, Penn and is pretty useless (unless we win next year then he's a genius). On the other hand you have Warringah Council who couldn't even make ****ing parking stickers that you know, stick.

Also just FYI Penn said he'd stay last week WITHOUT the thirty story towers which are ****ing stupid. That was also in the Daily.

The mayor has called out Scott Penn today on the front page of the daily. So we have owners who wont pay there bills. Was that not what they (Penn )had a go at max about in 2009.
Didn't they say 1 owner was the way to go. We don't need to spreed the risk. Its all good.
Didn't Dave Perry make profits for the club playing out of brookvale.
I agree with the Mayor here. They are looking for a reason to move out. If the council wont approve 30 story buildings so they can make profits from land deals or give the oval to the penns , then they want out.
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then its a duck. Or zorba the biggest wood duck who is in the Penn family.
We know what your up to Mr fluffy.(scott)
I love Brookie oval. I love the Sea Eagles. I want the Sea Eagles to stay at Brookie.

But even I would vote against the 30 story monstrosities that Penn wants to build for his personal profit on public land. Public land that was generously donated for the community under conditions that specifically exclude developments like Penn proposes.

It is never going to happen. The Sea Eagles are part of the community here. Time to act like a responsible community member. And that includes paying your bills.

I love Brookie oval. I love the Sea Eagles. I want the Sea Eagles to stay at Brookie.

But even I would vote against the 30 story monstrosities that Penn wants to build for his personal profit on public land. Public land that was generously donated for the community under conditions that specifically exclude developments like Penn proposes.

It is never going to happen. The Sea Eagles are part of the community here. Time to act like a responsible community member. And that includes paying your bills.
Penn has been saying that the sale of the towers would fund the stadium build as I assume its a complete knock down/rebuild, which is maybe fine in terms of funding but:

My concerns are firstly 2 x 30 story towers in Brookvale just do not fit into the landscape of the beaches period (as you said - monstrosities). Secondly infrastructure in the area couldn't cope. Not just in terms of transport and you need to look at the schools and everything up from there. You can see it around where I am in Narrabeen. The more unit blocks that go up along Pittwater Road, the more people move in, the more crowded a small area gets. I did a tour of the Lakes primary school and you can see that place is going to cop the brunt of it over the next ten years as people that moved in start sending their kids to school. It's on a small parcel of land and is already pretty stretched space wise, but when the number of students doubles in about 5-6 years, what to they do? They get crammed in and their education will suffer. Then those students flow on to an already crowded high school. And that is just the public education.

Also - I still think if a full redevelopment of the stadium had to be done, the best place to do it is at Rat Park where there is much more room.

Forget the pie-in-the-sky apartment proposal. The nub of the issue is that the oval is a resource for all ratepayers. Thus, it is the Council's responsibility to keep it in good condition, regardless of whether they have a tenant or not. The Council is getting a significant amount of money from the Sea Eagles to help defray the cost for ratepayers. Without the Sea Eagles the ratepayers would be financially worse off.
What insanity for this idiot Mayor to threaten the oval's one and only tenant. If there were a string of tenants wanting to pay to use Brookvale Oval I could better understand his stance. But, in the supply and demand equation, the tenant is in the position of strength. So Mr Mayor, shut up and suck it up. The Manly Sea Eagles are an asset known the rugby league world over . . . not you!

Penn has been saying that the sale of the towers would fund the stadium build as I assume its a complete knock down/rebuild, which is maybe fine in terms of funding but:

My concerns are firstly 2 x 30 story towers in Brookvale just do not fit into the landscape of the beaches period (as you said - monstrosities). Secondly infrastructure in the area couldn't cope. Not just in terms of transport and you need to look at the schools and everything up from there. You can see it around where I am in Narrabeen. The more unit blocks that go up along Pittwater Road, the more people move in, the more crowded a small area gets. I did a tour of the Lakes primary school and you can see that place is going to cop the brunt of it over the next ten years as people that moved in start sending their kids to school. It's on a small parcel of land and is already pretty stretched space wise, but when the number of students doubles in about 5-6 years, what to they do? They get crammed in and their education will suffer. Then those students flow on to an already crowded high school. And that is just the public education.
I love how Warringah Council now say high rise is bad, when they royally screwed dee why for the last 30 years. Brookvale would actually have been a better place to zone for units.

I love how Warringah Council now say high rise is bad, when they royally screwed dee why for the last 30 years. Brookvale would actually have been a better place to zone for units.
Thirty stories is getting into Chatswood territory...

The council say no discount because they maintained the oval to the very best standard.

Let's look at Exhibit A -

124388-b4ed10ee-d124-11e4-a4a5-09d7e9cc7466.jpg

How much could the council get if they sold Brookie to developers? If the councils merge, they should consider selling it and using the funds to develop Rat park into something in line with at least what the stadium looked like in the Penn's proposal (no units thanks). Then you have at least two tenants, plus possible Mariners games and whatever else comes arounds. You have space for parking. People can access it from Mona Vale Rd, Pittwater or the Wakehurst Parkway, plenty of space for buses, you still have a Maccas in walking distance.

To me this is the only truly feasible solution that doesn't involve constantly patching up Brookie.

BUT - the ground would stay in the councils hands and it would probably be a matter of time before Penn started bitching and moaning about how much they are paying to play in a brand new purpose built stadium...

How much could the council get if they sold Brookie to developers? If the councils merge, they should consider selling it and using the funds to develop Rat park into something in line with at least what the stadium looked like in the Penn's proposal (no units thanks). Then you have at least two tenants, plus possible Mariners games and whatever else comes arounds. You have space for parking. People can access it from Mona Vale Rd, Pittwater or the Wakehurst Parkway, plenty of space for buses, you still have a Maccas in walking distance.

To me this is the only truly feasible solution that doesn't involve constantly patching up Brookie.

BUT - the ground would stay in the councils hands and it would probably be a matter of time before Penn started bitching and moaning about how much they are paying to play in a brand new purpose built stadium...
My understanding is that the land for Brookvale Oval was left in a will by Jane Try for use as a sporting precinct and that it can 'never' be sold. I'm sure mere learned Silvertails will be able to detail the history of the site.

My understanding is that the land for Brookvale Oval was left in a will by Jane Try for use as a sporting precinct and that it can 'never' be sold. I'm sure mere learned Silvertails will be able to detail the history of the site.
Oh well if that is the case then disregard my comment.

Although maybe if they used the proceeds to do Ratty up and maintained a Jane Try stand along with a dedication outside it could work. Maybe name a hole at Pirates putt putt in her honour ;)

Source Wikipedia.

History[edit]
In the late nineteenth century, the suburb of Brookvale was known as Greendale. The name Brookvale was later adopted as that was the name of the home built by the original grantee of the land, William Francis Parker. It was in this area that Dan Farrell built his stone house called "Inverness" which was later to become Manly Leagues Club.

A block of nearby land called Farrell's Paddocks was sometimes used for local community events. This land was originally granted to William Redman in 1857. The original parcel was subsequently subdivided into smaller lots and sold. The change from agricultural use to public recreation did not occur until after the turn of the century following a period of lobbying by local residents for the Government to give the community a park.

The area known as Lot 47 A (Land Titles Office Vol. 1524 Fol. 122) was sold to Jane Malcolm in April 1907. Land title records suggest that between 1907 and 1911, Malcolm carried out a subdivision of Lot 47A into four blocks. From Alfred Road in the west to Pine Avenue in the east, these lots respectively measured 2 acres 2 roods 12 perches, 4 acres 1 rood 41⁄4 perches, 2 acres 0 roods 221⁄4 perches and 2 acres 0 roods & 2 perches. Lot 47A became known in the early 1900s as "Farrell’s Paddock",[3] and it was the location of a public gathering in April 1910 to celebrate the extension of the tram line from Manly to the village of Brookvale.[4]

In the following year, the State Government reached agreement with Warringah Shire Council to acquire land for a park near the Shire’s Offices. The acquired land plus a smaller parcel of land bought from Miss Jane Malcolm (later known as Jane Try) from Brookvale, was officially opened in 1911 as Brookvale Park. "Presumably inspired by local resident action at that time to secure a public park or village green for the suburb, Jane Malcolm presented to the Minister for Lands the largest of the four lots from Lot 47A (the lot measuring 4 acres 1 rood 41⁄4 perches) – under a caveat that it only ever be used for public recreation purposes. Although the ‘dedication’ refers strictly to the first lot of land donated by Jane Try, subsequent acquisitions by Council of the other lots owned by Mr & Mrs Try were described specifically for the purposes of public recreation or for enlarging the Park"[5]

The Park was transformed into a showground within the first decade. In 1921, the Brookvale Show was established with the formation of the Warringah Agricultural, Horticultural, Amateur Sports and Athletic Association. Between 1919 and 1928 children from Brookvale School planted trees to commemorate Arbor Day and it was the setting for school sports days and Empire Day picnics.

During the Second World War, Brookvale Park was utilised by the Defence Force for training purposes.

Source Wikipedia.

History[edit]
In the late nineteenth century, the suburb of Brookvale was known as Greendale. The name Brookvale was later adopted as that was the name of the home built by the original grantee of the land, William Francis Parker. It was in this area that Dan Farrell built his stone house called "Inverness" which was later to become Manly Leagues Club.

A block of nearby land called Farrell's Paddocks was sometimes used for local community events. This land was originally granted to William Redman in 1857. The original parcel was subsequently subdivided into smaller lots and sold. The change from agricultural use to public recreation did not occur until after the turn of the century following a period of lobbying by local residents for the Government to give the community a park.

The area known as Lot 47 A (Land Titles Office Vol. 1524 Fol. 122) was sold to Jane Malcolm in April 1907. Land title records suggest that between 1907 and 1911, Malcolm carried out a subdivision of Lot 47A into four blocks. From Alfred Road in the west to Pine Avenue in the east, these lots respectively measured 2 acres 2 roods 12 perches, 4 acres 1 rood 41⁄4 perches, 2 acres 0 roods 221⁄4 perches and 2 acres 0 roods & 2 perches. Lot 47A became known in the early 1900s as "Farrell’s Paddock",[3] and it was the location of a public gathering in April 1910 to celebrate the extension of the tram line from Manly to the village of Brookvale.[4]

In the following year, the State Government reached agreement with Warringah Shire Council to acquire land for a park near the Shire’s Offices. The acquired land plus a smaller parcel of land bought from Miss Jane Malcolm (later known as Jane Try) from Brookvale, was officially opened in 1911 as Brookvale Park. "Presumably inspired by local resident action at that time to secure a public park or village green for the suburb, Jane Malcolm presented to the Minister for Lands the largest of the four lots from Lot 47A (the lot measuring 4 acres 1 rood 41⁄4 perches) – under a caveat that it only ever be used for public recreation purposes. Although the ‘dedication’ refers strictly to the first lot of land donated by Jane Try, subsequent acquisitions by Council of the other lots owned by Mr & Mrs Try were described specifically for the purposes of public recreation or for enlarging the Park"[5]

The Park was transformed into a showground within the first decade. In 1921, the Brookvale Show was established with the formation of the Warringah Agricultural, Horticultural, Amateur Sports and Athletic Association. Between 1919 and 1928 children from Brookvale School planted trees to commemorate Arbor Day and it was the setting for school sports days and Empire Day picnics.

During the Second World War, Brookvale Park was utilised by the Defence Force for training purposes.
Too easy - caveats can be removed by survivors/trustees/executors etc. My plan is back in action!

Interesting that the Tigers CEO is basically saying they will punt Leichardt from 2017 too.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2