Mayer to Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Relax guys.  Manly have come through worse times.  And, is it as bad as people say?  I doubt that.  The club is greater than the CEO, or Penn, or Max.  Life will go on, and so everybody should just settle down and take a deep breath before burning your membership cards.  We'll win on Sunday and go on from there.  On the other matter, it's a good thing Orford was asked to take a pay cut.  And a better thing that Robbo and Williams were re-signed.  Would Toovs be a decent CEO?  Yes, in my opinion.  Would Elias be a good CEO?  100%, definitely not, and I'd lead the charge against that little grub.  Am I to blame for all of this?  Possibly.    

Re-signed Robbo & Wolfman. Ox in form & interested in staying despite paycut.  Possibly a step towards reconciliation or finalisation of the dysfunctional boardroom disputes.  Win this week and we're in the eight. DSM finally admits culpability.

It's all good.

DSM5 link said:
Relax guys.  Manly have come through worse times.  And, is it as bad as people say?  I doubt that.  The club is greater than the CEO, or Penn, or Max.  Life will go on, and so everybody should just settle down and take a deep breath before burning your membership cards.  We'll win on Sunday and go on from there.  On the other matter, it's a good thing Orford was asked to take a pay cut.  And a better thing that Robbo and Williams were re-signed.  Would Toovs be a decent CEO?  Yes, in my opinion.  Would Elias be a good CEO?  100%, definitely not, and I'd lead the charge against that little grub.  Am I to blame for all of this?  Possibly.   

It could have been any CEO.

It isnt just that it is THIS CEO it is that factions within the club could cause this. It is a pretty dangerous situation and power games are afoot. Privitasation saved us but it looks very much like it may end us too

Good to see someone taking the blame....ok Dan time to Ban DSM!!

He's accepted the blame for EVERYTHING that's bad.

Grant going
Loosing the 2007 Grand Final
Season launch debacle
Not resigning JWH
John Howard getting kicked out (well maybe not that one)!!

Time to go BOYO!!!!

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
we should find a email address of delmege and vent to him

Until we know the full story we can't bombard Delmege with emails.
There may be a valid reason.
We don't know the facts.
It may be to step aside until Penn & Delmege sort things out.

Even Zappia was touted as a great CEO in the past, look what's happened to him!

Now, I'm not suggesting Mayer is in the same category, but there must be something that he's done to have the majority of the board against him.

ManlyBacker link said:
Dan will be happy - mwse just shut down their forums until Friday.

Not real happy. It means more visitors but it means more moderation work for me. All people with mod privileges please be on the ball the next few days

A question for all - what would your criteria for the new CEO?

To me this is the key question. What (if anything) can the club benefit from punting Grant

I've always suspected 'Mark from Brisbane' and 'Rex' as being one and the same.  I said 'possibly' boys, remember that.  I'd like to categorically deny any culpability in the following;  Saint Grant losing support and the season's 'launch' are one and the same is my guess.  And really guys, CEOs come and go, so get over yourselves and get behind the Club not the man..  The 2007 grand final debacle was Orford's loss not mine.  When he failed to catch the initial kickoff on the full, it was all over.  The JWH signing, we've got lots of backrowers, Cuthbo can join him for all I care.  And I'd proudly claim the distinction of getting rid of St George's number one ticket-holder if I could.  And I'd like to think I'm partly responsible for Orford being paid less.  Ban me if you dare Dan. What is it with the CAPITALS?

fair enough, just seemed like you were pinpointing me when I never said boo.

My point to counter yours isn't the loss of Grant Mayer, but how the loss came about. There is quite obviously some alteria motive that no-one wants to publish.

basically the way this has all come about should strike fear into many supporters

Forget it Dan, other lesser mortals were calling for my head.  Although I agree with your point about why Meyer etc.  More to this than meets the eye, but it's my guess we'll never know.  We're all such small fish in this large ocean.  Best to just let it go and support whoever comes in (except Elias of course).  No knowledge, no fear Dan.  I'm not worried.  Why should I be? 

DSM5 must be responsible for the Global Financial Recession, The Federal Deficit and the War in Iraq. Maybe it was him on the 'grassy knoll' as well. Did he shoot JR in Dallas as well?

In the end Mayer is just a person.

What gets me is the way that this has been done, dredged out in public and seemingly against the best interests of the club.

That someone like Sgt on MWSE can publicly state on a forum with knowledge that it is going to happen is also totally ridiculous, especially given his other comments on that site.

It is a sad day for the club - especially given what is going on at Parra and Sharks at the moment. We will recover and move on but I hope it is fresh new blood rather than one of the 'dinosaurs' who are more concerned for their next free lunch.

Dan link said:
why would I ban you DSM?
Exactly.  Not enough dramatic effect.  Toss your weight around Dan, do an mwse, and ban EVERYONE until Friday for breathing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4