Mayer is Gone - I Hope Max is Happy!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Media reports say that Mayer is going. (Did he jump or was he pushed?)

Sad day for Manly. I  hope Max Delmege and the Football Club Board Members plus a few of the disgruntled dinosaurs in the Club are happy with their work (that has made Manly a laughing stock and weakened us). The disinformation and smear campaign from some has been disgraceful. Des, the coaching staff and the admin of Manly Sea Eagles will be very sad to see Mayer go. Some of our sponsors will also feel the same way.

I hope now that this mess can be sorted out and that we can get a talented, visionary and independent CEO that knows how to run a club and manage people. I trust that he won't be one of the old dinosaurs or a 'Yes Man' who can stand up to the 'faceless' men and do what is best for the Manly Sea Eagles than the factions with their own agendas.

I also hope that maybe Max can bow out gracefully or somehow sort out his feud with Penn.

I think you smell a conspiracy Canteen  ;D

But your sentiments for the future are right. Hopefully something good will come out of this - but I just can't see it at the moment.

I don't think it was a conspiracy - it was in the paper and open for all to see. Max and a few of the old dinosaurs, upset about loss of influence and Mayer's independence, have undermined him to the point of resignation.

However, in doing so they have temporarily hurt the club. Their own agendas have come before what is best for Manly. Nothing new is being said DSM5 but it saddens me that it has come to this.

Good Football Club CEOs don't grow on trees.

No doubt the new CEO will have to meet with Max's approval.  I just hope that the person is not just a puppet to do whatever Max wants. 

Max probably wants to put his son. If he does we are in real trouble. From what i hear.... Max really does have $$ issues.

obviously the new guy will have to agree to anything Max says to stay in power, so he will be a yes man otherewise with Max's majority vote hell be out the door.

Max picked him going to the slime weeks ago and he's probably been talking to them for months. Life will go on CW.

Mayer did a good job and served the club well.

I was never 100% sure with him though....I always had this feeling he was up to something?? anyway thanks for your time at manly and it will be interesting to see who replaces him.

I might be wrong on this one but i heard a few people throwing tooves out as a potential candidate.??? I reackon the guy we had before mayer was pretty good....pat wilson or something? maybe we should get him back from rugby.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25624522-5001021,00.html

SHOULD Zappia not survive the push to remove him from rugby league, both Parramatta and Cronulla will have CEO vacancies. The obvious candidate is out-of-favour Manly boss Grant Mayer, who is unlikely to remain at the Sea Eagles beyond this season because of his falling-out with co-owner Max Delmege. Expect Mayer to look west - he lives close to Parramatta and is close friends with at least one Eels board member.

byso link said:
Max picked him going to the slime weeks ago and he's probably been talking to them for months. Life will go on CW.
Life will go on Byso but why shaft a perfectly good CEO? I wouldn't blame him for talking to the Slimes (if he has) as he has been basically removed from Manly by the politics.

As for the suggestion of Pat Wilson - no thanks.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
so this will be the end of zorba too I reckon
they wont have the balls to touch zorba,
they **** with zorb and watch arko and bozo go to werk on them quick smart

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=180756.msg227809#msg227809 date=1245227371]
Life will go on Byso but why shaft a perfectly good CEO? I wouldn't blame him for talking to the Slimes (if he has) as he has been basically removed from Manly by the politics.

As for the suggestion of Pat Wilson - no thanks.
[/quote]

NO, if he was perfectly good he wouldn't have been given the arse!

Tooves has a business degree, is a qualified accountant and has been on the NMRA board for a number of years. Just the same I can't see him as a CEO and I'd be surprised if he would want the job. We need someone with character and the relevant skills.
As with others here I think that if backdoor benny got selected there would be riot
Thanks Grant for your efforts and for being so accessible.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6