1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxamillion down but not out

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    You sit across from Max Delmege, the man who saved the club that so many hate, with a $15 million question at the forefront of your mind.

Read the full article

2. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,845 / 192
    Great article Chip and Chase, inspirational story to the Max.

3. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    exactly, alot of keyboard heroes have big shots at Max but don't remember anyone opening their cheque book in 2002!! If he wouldn't have stepped in we may have gone away like the Bears. I will always be thankful to Max and hope others will too!!

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    We dodged a bullet there.

5. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,845 / 192
    A lot of people talk through their ass but only few like Max put there money where their mouth is . End of story.

6. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    I know things went a bit sour in the end, but he saved our club. Every Manly fan owes him a great debt of gratitude. I hope it all works out for him in the end.

7. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    yeah, he helped out great, people go it was for his business but chucking money into a broke footy club wouldn't be first choice to spend 15 million in advertising. Let's hope this thread goes for a while and Max gets wind of it. Talk of true supporter would definitely start with Max as he put millions into us.

8. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I wish him nothing but the best

9. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +979 / 5
    ''He was the saviour. The accolades have been given to him but I don't think the NRL appreciate the enormity of what he did.''

The NRL might not appreciate the enormity of what Max did to save our Manly but we certainly do!! And we'll never forget. Onya Max.

10. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    Legend. All fans should be grateful. Never makes out be be someone other than who he is. Our saviour. Best of luck to him and best wishes on getting back on top.

11. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    Agree this forum may not exist if it wasn't for max.

12. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,484 / 42
    a sobering read.

13. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Everyone knows my sentiments towards Max. When the dust settles on a 'stadium', I would hope there's a statue of Arko and one of Max out the front. Without those two, we'd be history.

14. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    without a doubt the man saved our club and we should be forever greatful.

I think also unlike George Piggins who saved souths, Max knew when the time was right to move on.

Gotta respect him for that.

15. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    I met him in the dressing rooms a few years back,and said thank you Max,for saving our team,his reply was,No thank you because without all you faithful supporters,we wouldn't be here,wouldn't take any credit for himself and was only too happy to chat,good luck Max

16. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Max backed Manly with hard cash when there was no proven Coaching otcomes and a motley crew of Players.
    Glad for all of us that the 2008 GF vindicated his leop of faith in that Manly is a Premiership contender.

Till recently, no other Corporate was willing to be associated with a Team that only 3 years ago set the benchmark for NRL GF. This is as flabbergasting as the inumerable Refereeing calls on our tries/tries against Manly in 2011.

My unconditional gratitude for bringing back the only Team I've ever followed :heart: