Max Delmege

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Canteen Worker]
Gee, maybe Parra should have left Cumberland Oval the way it was and maybe Redfern should never have been superceded by the Football Stadium and maybe we all should be playing at Henson Park and ................

Crap, Daniel. Manly needs a modern ground with modern facilities - an upgrade of the stands is well overdue. I don't want to chuck out history but if we had your attitude we would never have built the Arko Stand or the Southern stand either.

(Just keep the hill!)

I am not saying to not change the stand. I am saying Not to rename it!. It has been named after Jane Try for a reason

[/quote]

but when noone knows why its time for a change :blush:

Maxvale Oval. Brook has had her time.

Crazy John's Coliseum. I like the sound of that.

Actually, I've heard that Schapelle Corby will now be bunking in the Crazy Ron coliseum.

[quote author=Daniel]
How insulting is it.

\"Hey max, we want to name a stand after you to thank you and so your heritage is not forgotter....However the we cant say t will be permenant because then next person to come along in 50 years time, will get their name on the stand instead\"

Max deserves having something named after him but Jane Try doesn deserve having her name stricken off the stand!

Sorry sgt, I thought we were allowed to make jokes in the forum.
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's my nomination for post of the year.

Theres certainly a need for an upgrade/new stand

however i dont suggest a name change from jane try.

The delemege stand or max stand could be behing the hill or on the northern end with proper facilities in built

Speaking of building new stands, Brookvale has a heaps of space on the hill and behind it to build a new stand, with underground car parking and a row of showrooms / shops something like Nth Syndey Oval but on a grander scale. We can get Max and the council involved and then lease the retail space to show a return on the investment

close pepsi, she gave us the land to use as an oval so we could play in 1947 - manly council wouldnt give us use of manly oval as it was for the union boys.

try is just a nice coincedence.

close pepsi, she gave us the land to use as an oval so we could play in 1947 - manly council wouldnt give us use of manly oval as it was for the union boys.

try is just a nice coincedence.

She didn't give the land to Manly, she gave it to the council. The locals wanted an oval for public use so she handed over the land, much later did Manly gain entry into the competition.

I reckon the Bradman, Oreilly and Noble stands at the SCG should be renamed as well. Old has beens and they are all dead like poor old Jane.

Pat Hills was an ALP politician who did something for the SCG trust and had a stand named after him. Not long after Greiner was in power in NSW it was renamed the Bill O'Reilly stand.

Nothing against Jane Try but we need a new stand (name it after her if you like) and it needs to be modern and well thought out as otherwise we will end up like Leichhardt, Kogarah and Redfern in ground with Dinosaur facilities.

My thoughts on the matter?

As a football coach/administrator Max Delmege makes a bloody good property developer.

Fair enough. He put money into the club. That doesn't give him the right to interfere.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6