Max Delmege serves it up to ex-coach Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des was part of the 96 premiers side & played at manly how many years.He also got us 2 premierships as a coach & most of all was ousted by the board he never wanted to leave.

And now we have people on this forum calling the guy scumbag.Wake up to
yourselves guys he bleeds manly.

Did you miss the part where he accepted Bulldogs money for the sole purpose of destroying the Sea Eagles.

Greenburg wanted all our staff and as many players as Des could get.

Because he wasn't successful makes some of you want to forgive him. Make your own decision on his legacy, I have.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Des was part of the 96 premiers side & played at manly how many years.He also got us 2 premierships as a coach & most of all was ousted by the board he never wanted to leave.

And now we have people on this forum calling the guy scumbag.Wake up to
yourselves guys he bleeds manly.

Wrong Pontian he bleeds power and money and nothing else, I will never EVER forgive that lowlife for what he tried ( and failed) to do!!

After what happened I definitely do not hold him in as high regard as I once did. But at the end of the day I do not know all the details behind his departure and I am damn sure many on here do not, as much as they like to think they do. But I am not bitter about it like many on here are. It is only a game after all.

Prior to his departure I had Des in my top 5 all time Sea Eagles. Then when he was leaving I was disappointed, but thought he'd given great times.......then he tried to destroy the club taking everything or everyone who wasn't nailed down.

I could always handle him leaving and wish him well. I could not handle him trying to destroy this place. So Bob Dylan I'm with you.

And lastly, I really felt that with Des here last year we were a bl^^dy good chance to go back to back. The fact we ended up 4th with a rookie coach shows a) how good the team was b) what a wonderful job Tooves has done.

I don't wish any personal harm or misfortune to Des, but I don't want him involved with Manly ever again.

bones said:
Well said Max.

Also, I hope T-Rex enjoys watching the grand final this year too.

I think Max is entitled to voice his opinion - after injecting 15M into a club that was well and truly gone.

As a peninsular resident most my life my sister was best friends with one of his 3 step daughters - stayed over at his house regularly and he was by all accounts a very decent man.

Emotion is raw and I for one can understand why this still bother him.

Saying that time is a true healer and I am glad people are moving on from De$...

De$ is sorry he left Manly, am positive of that !!!!

FFS!!!!!! Why are we still talking about him especially during GF week where potentially we have something very special going to occur???? It really astonishes me.

We should be talking about the GF on Sunday and truly one of the greatest Manly sides going around in the modern era. Come Sunday, win, lose or draw we should be counting our blessings for being so successful considering where we have come from re the northern eagle days.

Hopefully we will be celebrating to the wee early hours of Monday morning with one hell of a whopping hangover to boot. And if we do win it will be extra special for me given 4 days later I hope my B’day wishes all come true nice and early.

OneEyedEagle said:
FFS!!!!!! Why are we still talking about him especially during GF week where potentially we have something very special going to occur???? It really astonishes me.

I think the reason it continues to come up, even on GF week, is due to the unfulfilled feelings post-2011 GF. We should have enjoyed a full off-season of celebration and a real sense of going B2B, but within a week it was gone and there was another 6-8 months of negative talk surrounding who Des was going to convince over to the Dogs.

Fans are dirty about that and you can sense that frustration in the playing group when you recall how Choc, in particular, addressed the situation in the aftermath.

To borrow from Des, our souls need cleansing, and I would think that nothing less than a GF victory this weekend will provide that opportunity to move on.

One thing that sticks out in the Des drama is that none of the players or indeed Tooves seem to hold any animosity towards him.

If they felt as betrayed as a lot of fans do why do they continue to speak of Des with fondness rather than anger.

Simple, Coaches and Players see Manly as a job, and if it folded again could move to another franchise.

Fans of any Club, identify with their chosen one and are emotionally vested in them and no other Club.

Manly costs us money, but our discretionary expenditure is a choice we make out of love for the fun that Manly affords us.
Any threat to damaging our passtime, is thus passionately defended :angel:

There's nothing wrong with him leaving, it was the underhanded, deceitful way he went about it.

Add to that, it was a week or so after a GF win that fans could not celebrate.

If you think some players weren't blindsided by it you just have to listen to what Brett said after a win against them, "BE MANLY, NOT A DOG"

Sums it up pretty well, I think.

Actions mean more than words. Manly are in the Grand Final and Des is planning for next year . That makes me feel good.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4