Max Delmege on fb

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I have just been told some very disturbing news..Scott Penn has approached the board of Dee Why RSL [ without the permission or knowledge of the chairman and directors of Manly Warringah leagues club ] for them to takeover our much loved leagues club. The reason the penn family have been sought out or been approached by a developer who wants to purchase the land and buildings the leagues club occupy conditional upon VACANT possession...The penn family own these buildings...Once again the almighty dollar comes before loyalty to the players, staff and supporters of the Mighty Sea Eagles....SHAME ON YOU..

I don't understand. So did he approach DY Rissole to take over the Leagues Club management in its current location or does he wish to relocate the Leagues Club to DY Rissole ?

Does the leagues club give us (the NRL team) any money? I understand the historical reasons for wanting a leagues club but if we did lose ours what is the impact on the NRL team? I would have thought nothing.

Unfortunately Manly Leagues Club has always been behind the Harbord Diggers and Dee Why RSL as an entertainment venue to go to. It should have been the premier licensed entertainment venue on the Peninsula but it never kept up with the pace of those other 2 venues. It's sad to see that so much history and tradition may well be lost. Financially the Leagues club doesn't help with the football club anymore, it has lost it's appeal for people to go to. A very sad state of affairs for all Sea Eagles supporters.

Old news in DY :cool:

Penns can't continue to subsidise the LC.
I had a look at their Annual Report when I received the AGM notice for the 19th March. Their debt is growing :s Penn is the major creditor, so you do the math.

The pokies licence is all that DY want, for that they would lease a section to the LC.
Its just business, as we know that the FC Board takeover collapse was the last nail in the coffin for the LC :cool:

The Members of the LC should be gratefull that the Landlord didn't just shut the doors, without an alternate venue for them. They voted to sell the Penns the properties after all.
The LC Board is a proxy Penn Board, so Max need not worry on their behalf.

Don't know if the Scumos, Warriors, Tigers...have any Leagues Club either.
The NRL licence is held by the Manly Sea Eagles.

So....should I be a member of the leagues club or not?

Don't want to lose my true supporter status!

I don't have my annual report yet but I seem to remember the last one suggested a $600K loss, if the current one is the same (or similar) it's bleeding internally.

I think we probably need to start facing the fact that,

1) Our tenure at Brookvale Oval may be on it's last legs
2) Our Leagues Club is certainly on its last legs

If the games were taken away from Brooky the old girl wouldn't last 2 weeks!!

Loss is $(851,947) , up a good 30% from last year's $(628,683).
The link to the 2012 report is on the manlyleaguesclub.com.au/reports, just change the year in the URL to 2013.
http://manlyleagues.com.au/docs/2013-annual-report-web.pdf

I'm a member till 2022 :D
If DY RSL end up doing the deal, it actually will be a step up for the LC Members.

Wonder how The Drip did not leak this, actual news, to Ritchie ..hmmm :cool:

We live in interesting times - is it Saturday yet !!!!?

mickqld said:
Unfortunately Manly Leagues Club has always been behind the Harbord Diggers and Dee Why RSL as an entertainment venue to go to. It should have been the premier licensed entertainment venue on the Peninsula but it never kept up with the pace of those other 2 venues. It's sad to see that so much history and tradition may well be lost. Financially the Leagues club doesn't help with the football club anymore, it has lost it's appeal for people to go to. A very sad state of affairs for all Sea Eagles supporters.

Not sure what the pecking order for entertainment was back in the mid 90's but it did not help that Manly were paying big sums to players in the mid 90's during and after the SuperLeague war which restricted investment in the leagues club.

The demographics of the area require more than just your typical boring leagues club style of entertainment and food menu.

mickqld said:

How much has DY RSL contributed to our football team over the years?

Nothing.

The diggers are in the same boat as the leagues club and need to redevelop to survive

Unfortunately the leagues club is now only a tenant of the building and could be forced out if the owner sells the building.

If they are forced to relocate while their lease is current then they will receive compensation. They should use these funds to set up a new club somewhere in brookvale oval.

Let it go tookey :angel: - they owe the Landlord millions, the Bank millions - their lease is worthless.

Its irrelevant to the Fans - the LC entity will continue to exist, unless someone puts them into Receivership.

So they will find a shed on the Brookie Hill or somewhere :cool:

DY RSL used to sponsor the Juniors, and they have no reason to Sponsor a Competitor.
Its purely a business decision based on increased pokie licences for them.
In reality, most Manly LC Members, the locals, are a member at the RSL too anyway.

HappilyManly said:
If DY RSL end up doing the deal, it actually will be a step up for the LC Members.

So, I should stay a member then?

What happens Saturday???????? It's sat here!

globaleagle said:
HappilyManly said:

So, I should stay a member then?

What happens Saturday???????? It's sat here!

Saturday 8th March, 2014 - Manly's B2B Campaign is launched.:exclamation::)

GE - stop living in the past :p

So a leagues club that is essentially broke. A home ground that is delapidated and not up to NRL standard. A premiership team which will be torn apart by retirements in another 3 or 4 years. Where do we go from there. SFS, Perth, Adelaide, Sunny Coast ????

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4