Matty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
I read in this mornings Telegraph that we are set to ink a three year deal to keep Orford at the club.  A lot of posters on this site will be pleased with that I'm sure.  You all know what my views are.  Just how this affects any attempts to keep any aspiring halves at the club will have to be seen.  It'll will probably inspire Choc to new heights. 

Poor decision in my book. A one year deal I could live with if we were looking at bringing someone young through under his guidance, but 3 years ?? Wow.... Orford and his manager must be laughing themselves stupid. What could Matt Orford possibly offer this club in 3 years time ? He doesn't improve with age and he certainly won't get any quicker, either on his feet or between the ears.

That's money that could be better spent elsewhere. I'd love to know what they are offering him.

Agree with the rest, he currently does not deserve a 3 year contract

I am a big supporter of our wholehearted skipper. He should certainly be offered anything up to 5 or 6 weeks in my opinion.

Maybe a 2 Tiered Salary sign-on would be fine. $250K for next year then $100 for the 2 years following as a backup Half would be fine by me!!

The way he has been rapidly deteriorating in form - 3 years is far too long. Next year should be:-

06. Foran
07. Orford

with Lyon back to where he's not invisible.

maybe thats what Choc was yelling at.. how he deserves a 3 year deal is beyond me. Someone has rocks in their heads. Hes already on the decline.. im scared to see how he will play in 3 years time.

He better be on 150k max. Hes useless and adds nothing to this side..

KaZa link said:
He better be on 150k max. Hes useless and adds nothing to this side..

Yeah, $50,000 per year I could handle.

The Manly Daily on Saturday said that off-contract players are being negotiated with by Scott Penn and Des Halser after the departure of Grant Mayer.

Also that the Sea Eagles are formally looking for the replacement CEO in September.

Well let's hope whoever the new incoming CEO is  ? he or she will continue to build on the good work that Mayer has already done for the club.

All the very best for you and your families future Champ

Happy to have him for 2 years, 3 not so sold on it but not slitting the wrists over it either

There is a lack of young halves around and coming through at a decent rate at the moment. Orford has proved he is/can be a good, premiership winning halfback.

imo, just tossing aside a bloke with his ability in the halves at the moment is not the right way to go, especially after watching the Warriors go round the past couple of seasons and how desperate they are for a decent halve

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7