Matty Johns RE Sam Burgess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bring Beaver into the negotiations. I recall Beaver was trying to encourage Sam to Manly many years ago when they both played at Bradford. With the Luke and Joe Kelly connections, it is not too fanciful to think Sam would come to us if he wants back into the NRL.

He'd only ever go back to the Vermin, you are all dreaming if you think otherwise, and whilst contracts mean Shyte these days I imagine they would have only released him based on that.

It's doubtful Burgi 1 will make the RWC side for England now, and so can't see him sitting around over there playing that **** game trying to be an outside centre!!

What's the bet it's a special NRL dispensation , and he's back by June 30

It's worth mentioning that here we are on Tuesday, DCE announced he's bolting on Friday and we've heard bubkus from Joe Kelly and his plan B.

Hope something is happening that we aren't privy to. He's got till Thursday to announce signings I'd imagine before it goes into lock-down for the weekend games...

He'd only ever go back to the Vermin, you are all dreaming if you think otherwise, and whilst contracts mean Shyte these days I imagine they would have only released him based on that.

It's doubtful Burgi 1 will make the RWC side for England now, and so can't see him sitting around over there playing that **** game trying to be an outside centre!!

What's the bet it's a special NRL dispensation , and he's back by June 30
You're probably right. Poor old Gold Coast could probably do with sam b's services. I hope the nrl are on to this because I'd hate to see the Titans go under. What they need is assistance from the game's governing body to land heaps of marquee players. That should fix things for them.

Sigh...if only they didn't spend all their brown paper bag, kickback from rich sponsor money on goey....:think:

Let us say for a micro-second that Sam Burgess wants to return to the NRL.

How would the NRL handle this? IMHO they would move mountains to get him either to South Sydney or the team they own, the Titans.

Manly could offer him the moon but the NRL would step in like they appeared to do with DCE and make sure he does not play for Manly.

Further how the NRL allegedly moved DCE to the Titans is there any legal recourse opened to Manly? I cannot proffer an opinion as I am simply a country practice accountant and not a lawyer.

Any lawyers amongst us who may like to offer an opinion and let us know their thoughts? Obviously the opinion would not be worth much simply because we don't have all the facts. But it would be interesting to speculate from an informed perspective.

Perhaps there is some legal recourse available but I doubt it. It's also not an avenue that manly should pursue as it would become very expensive, and not exactly a great look suing the Nrl as a club operating within it.

Perhaps there is some legal recourse available but I doubt it. It's also not an avenue that manly should pursue as it would become very expensive, and not exactly a great look suing the Nrl as a club operating within it.
not when we need their backing to build a new stadium/upgrade existing

I don't normally go in for the consipiracy stuff and innuendo but any chance if we think we're rebuilding they're (ownership/management) fine with us tanking a bit so they will build a new stadium in a period that crowd numbers will be a bit down so relocating for one season wouldn't be a massive problem. It's a long bow I know but I watched major league 2 nights ago hahaha.

P.s. they can't move the team I'm only talking about temp while brookie would be out of action

Who is saying Sam Burgess is joining us? Matt Johns said he could be coming back 2 the NRL he never mentioned us. He also run the rumour he always spins about folau coming back 2 the NRL today it was just another day another story by Johns.

Nobody has said Burgess is joining us, nobody has implied Johns said anything about Manly

All that has been discussed is the unrealistic daydream that we could sign Burgess

Leave us be for a while, all else we have to discuss is us getting belted by Parra and Foz leaving

Only reason he is thinking a return is because he is shiite in Rugby, thanks but a big NO thanks from me. That only means we get his mother also and I couldn't live with that. How about The vermin get Sam and we get Gifty back.

Only reason he is thinking a return is because he is shiite in Rugby, thanks but a big NO thanks from me. That only means we get his mother also and I couldn't live with that. How about The vermin get Sam and we get Gifty back.
lol we already have his mother or is luke the unloved son

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4