Matty Johns on MMM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleRock40

Reserve Grader
Discussing the Des situation - 3 prominent players with out clauses WILL walk if Des leaves or is punted in 2012. Also said he is 99% sure in 2013 Tooves will be head coach, Cliffy the assistant coach with Beaver also on the coaching staff. From this I gather if Des sees out 2012 then the rumoured player exodus may not happen?

EagleRock40 said:
Discussing the Des situation - 3 prominent players with out clauses WILL walk if Des leaves or is punted in 2012. Also said he is 99% sure in 2013 Tooves will be head coach, Cliffy the assistant coach with Beaver also on the coaching staff. From this I gather if Des sees out 2012 then the rumoured player exodus may not happen?

Reports on channel 9 this morning that the board are about to vote to ask Des to leave now.

Eagles Nest 08 said:
EagleRock40 said:

Reports on channel 9 this morning that the board are about to vote to ask Des to leave now.

Why don't they vote themselves to leave now? Every single one of them. At least then we are sure to get rid of the poison in the club.

EagleRock40 said:

Who is the lucky three...Foran ,brett and glen ......

I would prefer Toovey to be at the helm in 2012 but I don't think we should be sacking Des YET. All it will do is piss of the players and give the Dogs the maximum amount of time to prepare for 2012 under Des.

All efforts at the moment should be directed at ensuring that the players stick with the club and the Board should shy away from ANYTHING that has the capacity to get the players offside.

Hopefully the Board is not quite as incompetent as the media would have us believe. Hopefully...

MadMarcus said:
I would prefer Toovey to be at the helm in 2012 but I don't think we should be sacking Des YET. All it will do is piss of the players and give the Dogs the maximum amount of time to prepare for 2012 under Des.

All efforts at the moment should be directed at ensuring that the players stick with the club and the Board should shy away from ANYTHING that has the capacity to get the players offside.

Hopefully the Board is not quite as incompetent as the media would have us believe. Hopefully...

I couldn't care less about the Dogs preparation for 2012. I'm only interested in our season.

I know the players love Des, but surely they have no problems with Toovs. I doubt most of them would speak to the board and they surely know they won't be around for much longer, so regardless of what any player might say about the circumstances, none of them would be doing so for less money. Take from that what you will.

I'm obviously like everyone not happy with what has happened.. but Des needs to stay at least for the fact of players staying.

The player get-out clause is activated if Des is sacked, not if he is signed elsewhere.

However, given how shambolic the FC, LC and Delmege faction is, I expect they will vote to have Des sacked, just to spite Des and Penn, precipitating the exodus.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Sack Des = player unrest, up to 5 can walk

Keep Des = possible chance of B2B, clauses invalid

That's still speculation at this stage. I wish we would know for sure, a few of those guys are off contract at the end of next year anyway. If Des goes they might still follow him or leave the club. If we sack Des now it makes it difficult for those players to find a new home for 2012 with clubs unlikely to have big money available under next years cap. Whose to say playing under Toovs for 12 months and a change in how the club is being run mightn't be enough to make them stay?

The unknows is whats making this such a tough time as supporters.

Matabele said:
The player get-out clause is activated if Des is sacked, not if he is signed elsewhere.

However, given how shambolic the FC, LC and Delmege faction is, I expect they will vote to have Des sacked, just to spite Des and Penn, precipitating the exodus.

I don't think they'd have the numbers to make that decision.

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Í'm one of the people who believe Des should walk now, however if keeping him in the job for 2012, means keeping the big 3, we assume its Brett, Glenn and Foz (no names were mentioned) then maybe he should stick around. More importantly i'm still of the belief that the board needs a massive cleanout so there is no in-fighting in years to come.

Berkeley_Eagle said:

We don't want players who don't want to be here, and if Stewart ( Brett) is one to walk after the club has stood by him then he is a disgrace

I have tremendous admiration for all our players and would not want to lose one of them. If however we lose the players mentioned, B.S, G.S, K.F, A.W + one more ( all possibles only ), we should not forget that we have some real talent waiting in the wings. I know we have already lost Robbo, Hoppa, Rodney and not one of these players mentioned are easily replaced, but everyone is replaceable.
Although he may not be as good a fullback as Snake, Ben Farrer is a handy fullback. How many high pressure games were we forced to win without Glenn this year? I think Foran played in DCEs shadow for most of the year and Choc would surely get himself into way to much trouble over at Belmore. If he did go with Des, i wonder if his " One more strike and your out " would still be in effect?
I want them all at Manly for the rest of their careers and I want Des here next year, but if their hands are forced and they all walk away i doubt very much we'll crumble into a pile of easy beat losers. We still have Ferris, Lussick, Harrison, Oldfield. See if you can add any other young players names that are on our books that might jump at the chance to play NRL. Darren, Ryan?

If Des does take players with him, cant really see that as a new challenge. He's already won a comp with that core group of players. May as well stayed at manly.
Imo 1 or 2 max will go. Really can't see why any of them would want to play for the Dogs.

Mozgramme, our reserve grade ran last and our Under 20's ran last. What talent do we have in the wings??? Ben Farrer is okay but has nothing on Snake. Most players from other clubs are locked in for next season anyway.

The board has handled this disgracefully. But then this is typical because the Manly board haven't run things properly for 25 years. How we won the comp this year, with all this crap going on staggers me.

Des must stay and see out his contract. The board would be crazy to sack him now. Des has said that he wants to stay. The board should get to it and appoint a coach for 2013. Whoever this person will be should work closely with Des for the coming year. Des should mentor them and impart as much of his knowledge as possible so that the transition from Des to the new coach goes as smoothly as possible for 2013. And if this goes well then the players would naturally want to stick together and stay at Manly.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4