Matty Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fibula broken in the 16th min. He played on for 22 min.
Hoping to be back for GF
# WearYourHeadgearKids

This was tweeted by the club 10 minutes ago:

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have been dealt a huge blow with secondary scans revealing iron-man Hooker, Matt Ballin, could miss the remainder of the season with a fractured fibula.

Ballin, who has played 182 consecutive first grade games for the Sea Eagles, suffered the injury in the 16th minute of the match when he had a hand setting up Jamie Buhrer’s try to get the team on the board.

He then proceeded to play the next 22 minutes with a broken leg…

Incredible.

“I was just in a bit of pain and didn’t really know where I was from the tackle,” Ballin said.

“As I got moving my leg was sore and I just thought it was a bit of a cork, which happen quite regularly but it didn’t seem to get better.

“I tried to stay out there until half-time but then saw the doctor and they made the call to pull me off and not go back on in the second half which was disappointing but that’s what happens. In the end, it was a really good call by them putting my safety first.”

Brissie Kid said:
First game without head gear and look what happens.
This reminds me of all that headgear dribble on nine during the game, was annoying. Not like he's played with it his whole career, only started wearing it when he had that big cut around the eye. They made out like it was a great revelation or something.

A chance for young Jayden Hodges to step up. He was signed on for three years so the club thinks he's made of the right stuff. Gets a chance to come up against his old side.

“It’s really high for me and it’s a real honour just to play for Manly and that’s why I want to play each week and play the best I can with my teammates every weekend."

What a champion. He will be sadly missed. Hopefully Jayden gives us something more dangerous. But it won't be as tough

Hodges will b the replacement but not sure who will b hi back up as he wouldn't b able to play 80 mins

Shades of 1991 when half the team had to pull out and we just got done by Canberra in the major semi final

He is a legend, he loves manly and is our next captain if he is still here when Jamie retires. Love it, still one of my favourite players, he is so underrated and he cops way more **** that he deserves. The amount of times his smart play has got us across the line is incredible

bones said:
Ballin, who has played 182 consecutive first grade games for the Sea Eagles, suffered the injury in the 16th minute of the match when he had a hand setting up Jamie Buhrer’s try to get the team on the board.

He then proceeded to play the next 22 minutes with a broken leg…
What a champion Matty.B is. Very gutsy effort.

Welcome to the big league young Jayden. Time to be Manly.

Knew it couldn't have been his tibia! No way. Fibula yeah I'd believe that.

Bad news. The bright side is jayden has had a solid season playing against men in Nsw cup. And he gets to play at Townsville this week.

Sad news for matty he has been a large part of this clubs semi finals campaigns , same with jamie buhrer he has been in every semi campaign since he debt in 2010. We will miss these 2 more than people realise. Fingers crossed we make the gf and matty is back on that day

This is a disaster. Unbelievable to lose both dummy halves in one match to season ending injuries. It's so important to have that defensive stability and experience in midfield that Ballin provides. Hodges doesn't look physically ready. I wonder whether Masada Iosefa has improved his defence since coming to Manly? I don't think we can win the title now.

driftout said:
This is a disaster. Unbelievable to lose both dummy halves in one match to season ending injuries. It's so important to have that defensive stability and experience in midfield that Ballin provides. Hodges doesn't look physically ready. I wonder whether Masada Iosefa has improved his defence since coming to Manly? I don't think we can win the title now.
Jayden played in the finals last year for the Cows. Did alright as well. His is a little faster than Matty. We will certainly mis Matts defence Jayden will however add more in attack.
He scored a nice try last week against the dogs in reggies.

Matty is a qualified Physio, so he will be there on Grand Final day to help Manly win #9 :angel:

Amazing that we lost both Matty and his usual substitute Jamie in the one game :s

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2