Matty Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im gobsmacked that he isnt a priority signing, people always talk about the "spine" of a team and how important it is, as soon as we lock snake up i think balllin should be next inline followed by Trex. Ballin never makes mistakes always reliable and consistently performs every single week without fail and is such an important part of our offensive structures. Dont get me wrong im a massive fan of matai aswell but sometimes he can be a liability with injuries and suspension yet he is in negotiations at the moment... Doesnt make sense to me when we have dean whare who is definitely manlys future. If they are trying to groom L.Foran for the hooking role start playing him there for NSW cup once kieran is fit and see how it works out.

Under 13s there was a game he played, where he couldn't catch the ball. It would have been terrible to see. It wasn't the televised game of the round. So I doubt that you saw it.

He had one of his best games yesterday because he ran from dummy half more.
Has he ever missed a Manly match because of injury?
He is definitely a priority signing - one of about nine by my count!

I think he has played 100+ straight and the bulk of these 80minutes. He is a bloody legend I would be guttered if he goes. Heartened by the fact that "Tinkerbell" was quoted that we wont lose anyone but this is unlikely.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Plus, he stuck around at the end of the game to chat to fans, pose for photos and sign autographs for kids on the fence. Part of me thought, "Christ, I hope he's not saying his goodbyes."

I've noticed he does this every game, along with DCE. Last year I was out the Cows game at Brookie, terrible night, absolutely bucketed down. Matt and Cherry did a circuit of the ground afterwards and were out in the pouring rain chating, posing for photos and signing autographs for ages. Two quality individuals IMO and certainly the sort of people you need around your club.

It was interesting to note that on Sunday every player came right around the fence saluting the fans after the game. This hasn't happened for quite a few years and I wonder if this was an outcome of the letters that Tooves got from fans after the poor performance against the Titans.

mosto said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
Plus, he stuck around at the end of the game to chat to fans, pose for photos and sign autographs for kids on the fence. Part of me thought, "Christ, I hope he's not saying his goodbyes."

I've noticed he does this every game, along with DCE. Last year I was out the Cows game at Brookie, terrible night, absolutely bucketed down. Matt and Cherry did a circuit of the ground afterwards and were out in the pouring rain chating, posing for photos and signing autographs for ages. Two quality individuals IMO and certainly the sort of people you need around your club.

Last year my nephew was at the game (he is only about 7) and was waiting for the players to come around. He already liked Ballin as it was, but as Ballin and a few others came around, some idiot almost crushed luke against the fence and pushed him out of the way to get a chance to touch the players (this was a grown man).

Matt Ballin noticed it turned around ran back 10 or more metres to spend a good few minutes talking to Luke, sign his gear and pose for photos. before hand luke was about to cry, after he was so stoked, he even called me up to tell me about it and absolutely idolises Ballin now.

Every time I talk to him he tells me about Ballin and asked if I saw him play.

Luke is an absolute character of a kid too, just one of those funny kids, to see him so passionate about Manly now is awesome, and all because Ballin spent the time to come back and spend a few minutes after seeing him get a rough deal in the crowd.

Legend of a player and a bloke. My favourite player at the moment too

We have all calmed down after the Retention Committe came through with Chez and Foz.

But, the Manly Supporters would feel bereft if Matty was not rewarded for his 80 minutes of 100% each week.

He started the 40 points in 2008 by ripping his abdominals to plant that first try - my favourite memory of Matty :heart:

Matty - Matai - Wolfy - T-Rex please consider how much fun it is to win Premierships:p

In Toovs we Trust :angel:

I think he has taken it up a notch this year, crisper delivery and looks to be a lot harder to pick which side of the ruck he will distribute to.
Was great to see him backing himself at times out of dummy half as his metres run will attest. The support players should bear the responsibility if he gets isolated, the dummy half has to take his chances when they present themselves IMO.

Yes another massive defensive display; as many try savers and snake. Hope we can keep him, and now he's starting to cruel his boyish good looks. He'll look like an oldtime footy player by the time he's done.

Ian Martin tragic said:
Yes another massive defensive display; as many try savers and snake. Hope we can keep him, and now he's starting to cruel his boyish good looks. He'll look like an oldtime footy player by the time he's done.

Good looking hookers are so expensive these days.

I'm surprised that Matty Johns didn't ask Ballin on NRL on Fox last night about his 2013 contract situation.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6