Matthew Johns: Geoff Toovey has taken all kinds of punishment for Manly and deserves respect

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Spot on article from Johns and great to see us fans supporting it so positively. The Mercenaries have forced Kite, Stewart and Watmough out and nearly Toovey BUT as the dust settles all rugby league fans including the critics are starting to see the true picture.

Geoff is Manly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow im shocked that Matty Johns would write such an endearing article about a manly player. Mabye joey is starting to influence him.

The thing I have always like about Tooves is he bleeds maroon and white. He has always been extremely loyal to the manly faithful.

I think the media has been overly harsh towards him. He is doing a good job, and the pep talk on Saturday night is reflective of that.

Toovs personifies what it is to be a true Manly legend who shows a true love for the game and the club to which he played for and now coaches.

I have always been a staunch supported of Tooves when he was appointed as coach upon the departure of Des and I still believe he will take this club to its next grand final win, which would have been the case in 2013 if it wasn't for the refereeing or should I say the 14th Rooster on the field.

When one considers what he has had to endure since taking over as coach, are there any others out there who would have done any better? Probably not. I'm sure we will all be in for a big surprise by seasons end and it all starts with the inner sanctum or should I say the inner circle!!!

Oh by the way, it's about time Matthew wrote an article which was genuine and not full of garbage.

With that grit, determination, guts, Its kind of amazing that Toovey was NOT involved in the 1978 Finals series, - it would have suited him. :) Of course, he would have been in nappies.

Tooves, Wombat, Beaver, Bozo, Snake, Ballin, Gift and O'Connor (to name but a few) all great Manly players. Either developed by the club or scouted by the club who will always be remembered as CHAMPIONS. :clap:

Gee Manly have produced some greats haven't they.

All of those Manly haters who cares you've never had it and you never will. It is something that cannot be bought or gained it is some unidentifiable quality that one is born with. Hate us at your peril. :finger:

Tooves, Wombat, Beaver, Bozo, Snake, Ballin, Gift and O'Connor (to name but a few) all great Manly players. Either developed by the club or scouted by the club who will always be remembered as CHAMPIONS. :clap:

Gee Manly have produced some greats haven't they.

All of those Manly haters who cares you've never had it and you never will. It is something that cannot be bought or gained it is some unidentifiable quality that one is born with. Hate us at your peril. :finger:
Hardly think Snoz can be included in that list. A Canberra Royals rugby boy snatched by the Dragons from international rugby and then snatched by Manly. He was probably a dual international before we signed him. A great player nonetheless.

May have been mentioned already but how good is that image of Tooves picking up Harragon!! One of the best RL images I've ever seen.

Warning to the Club: Do not touch Tooves. He IS Maroon and White. Let him get on with the job we all know he can do or lose a huge percentage of your fan base. I did not walk away during the long premiership droughts, I did not walk away during the dreadful merge, I will walk away if you shaft this tremendous man.

Yep. I will also consider walking away if they shaft Tooves purely because of politics. No one personality is bigger than the club but there are wholehearted people who bleed Manly and I feel that they are equal to the club. Three I would name of the top of my head are Arthurson, Beaver and Tooves. If the club were to mistreat any of these legends then I would have to question my support of the club.

I think Mr Zimmerman is a broken record .. although if turns out to be true (I hope not) it may get mentioned.

Obviously Johns is feeling guilty after being part of the media Manly haters.

The story is total self serving BS coming from M Johns

A bit like him coming clean and expecting forgiveness after him bring part of the Cronulla gang bangs on defenceless girls

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2