Mattai's form getting worse

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mattai has not long come back from a two week suspension which should have given any injuries a good rest.  He seems to have lost a yard in pace this year.

the try was Wolfie's side

He was up and in 2 players, he just didn't spread. He needs some time next to a more vocal winger

Actually Matai & Kite both playing below form has probably been more of a contributor to our season being a bit of a dissapointment than anything to do with Ox/Wolfy etc.

Those two were probably our main go forward guys last season - they both played in the World Cup however and they may have lost that extra 'zip' due to the long season

Assuming Wolfman's return to form continues, when Stewie returns the back three will be the same as the grand final.  So it's between three players to be dropped Foran, Farrah and Matai.  And that's the order I'd rate their defence.  Both Farah and Matai have suspect defence for mine with Matai the weaker.  Prefer CliffyIsGod's backline above with Matai missing out and Foran/Lyon sharing 5/8th and centre.

I like the idea of keeping Foran and Lyon in and losing Matai and Farrahm though I think Farrah has put a fair case forward for staying in, especially if David Williams form drops.

I think a backline of
Stewart, Robbo, Foran, Farrah, Williams is pretty good, though I think I would pair Farrah and Robbo together and Foran Williams together to help with defense

You have to say Matai is probably the most down on form, and presents the biggest risk at the moment

same S**t different letters, you know who I meant

And dont get all sanctimonious Kiwi, surely there are inept players for you to be giving praise to and Fro has that front covered

Not sure what's more ridiculous. Old mate wanting Watmough in the centres or Dan saying Matai was sh*t last year. Playing ubes average of late, but he was great last year.

Dan link said:

And dont get all sanctimonious Kiwi, surely there are inept players for you to be giving praise to and Fro has that front covered

If Desmond thought they were inept he wouldn't continue picking them :)

But just to play your game, surely there is a reasonable player you can label **** ?

Anyway, back on topic

Personally, don't know if any others share this view, We can't win the comp without Matai in the side. Even playing average as he is at the moment, he still adds 1-2 things to the side that we lack in a big way without him there

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181371.msg237119#msg237119 date=1250486737]

If Desmond thought they were inept he wouldn't continue picking them :)

But just to play your game, surely there is a reasonable player you can label S**t ?

Anyway, back on topic

Personally, don't know if any others share this view, We can't win the comp without Matai in the side. Even playing average as he is at the moment, he still adds 1-2 things to the side that we lack in a big way without him there

[/quote]

No I dont share that view. Matai has been poor, he was one of the worst on the field on Saturday.

Not only is his defense poor his "dynamic dummy half runs" are just hideous he runs away from support and does the same Chad Randal move every time.

Not to mention this man has to STOP immediately taking the taps after we kick it up the field from a penalty, he caused a knock on a few weeks ago and his "Dummy" is poorly times and loses us more metres than Orfords short kick, just tap the ball and give it to a forward or run yourself. dont dummy and wait for the defense to come get you!

I think his injury is worse than we all think, I wonder if that's playing on his mind or is it just a form reversal??

I am not debating his average current form

But when he is on, he is vital and we don't have another centre to do his job.

I think this week will tell us a lot about him. He is normally the bloke in our side, that lifts for the big games, hope it happens again. Would love to see him rattle up sMyth like he did at Brookie last season

Just a question

It might be my memory or did he not have a great off season? Injured during the world cup??

It's all a moot point really.

If he is injured and playing ****, then he should piss off until he is better.

We can't afford to carry injured players who are running stone cold

Best full strength YART from the R in Yart:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Ben Farrar
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Keiran Foran
15. Jason King
16. George Rose
17. Chris Bailey

lsz link said:
Just a question

It might be my memory or did he not have a great off season? Injured during the world cup??

LSZ, you are correct

He should never have played the World Cup, and got stretchered off in the semi final, game was stopped for about 10 mins

He did have surgery, which was successful to some degree, but I believe that the problem he has in the neck, can't recall if it was disc or nerve, can't be fully repaired and will be with him through his career. Was talk at 1 stage of looking into a Tate style brace

Fro link said:
Farah plays for the Tigers Dan and is Lebanese.

Farrar is our guy.

What a reporter's nightmare if Ox gets injured ... Hodgkinson passes to Lyons who dummies inside to Stuart and then cuts out Farrah to put Robinson free to score in the corner.

Thought so Kiwi

No pre-season = a rushed prep this year....not forgetting a greater susceptibility to injuries as a result

Moot point or not who would you replace his with.....someone from the sunshine coast......hello shane.....

lsz link said:
Thought so Kiwi

No pre-season = a rushed prep this year....not forgetting a greater susceptibility to injuries as a result

Moot point or not who would you replace his with.....someone from the sunshine coast......hello shane.....

when Brett Stewart comes back, I would look at dropping matai or perhaps Wolfman at this stage!

Just because he was injured etc doesnt mean he should be there, passengers are for transport not NRL teams

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4