1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Parish

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SeaEagleRock8, Aug 17, 2012.

1. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    Just wondered if he is going elsewhere next year. I have heard his name mentioned once or twice lately but never caught what the story was about. I assume he's been doing well with us this year.

2. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Gone to the eels.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 1
    I have heard his name mentioned as Ricky Stuart's assistant at Parra.

4. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    I heard from a friend of his a few months back that manly offered him an extension plus a sizeable increase but he wouldnt sign until he found out what Ricky was doing. So I would say there is a good chance he will follow him to parradontmatta!

• Like Like x 1
  5. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    STUART might be busy making plans for next year, but it remains unclear whether caretaker Parramatta coach Brad Arthur will be at his side.

Arthur still has a year to run on his contract, but recent negotiations for a new start elsewhere next year suggest he might be on the move.

We can confirm Arthur's management has spoken to the Roosters and Rabbitohs about taking him on board next year.

The Rabbitohs approach comes as no surprise seeing as Arthur and Michael Maguire worked together under Craig Bellamy in Melbourne.

But the Roosters approach is more intriguing because of the heightening degree of doubt over Brian Smith's coaching structure.

Stuart, meanwhile, has already hired Dean Pay to be one assistant coach and is believed to be eyeing Trent Barrett or Matt Parish.

He also has a high opinion of Cronulla's strength and conditioning guru Trent Elkin, who remains a free agent for next year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/confidential-eels-face-overtime/story-e6frexnr-1226452128658

I thought it was official, apparently not yet.

6. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Wouldn't you rather be tooves' assistant instead of Ricky? Ricky has no sense of humor and appears to be insane. And they're wooden spooners.

• Like Like x 2
  7. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,839 / 31
    I would be suprised if the knob from the telly who wrote that even knew that Parish was Tooveys assistant already. They dont really check that kind of stuff just assume that because parish is origin assistant he will follow stuart. All basless innuendo.

8. simz

simz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Strange if he only signed for one season.

9. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    I'm sure he's done his research and realised that Stuart has lost two SOO campaigns and been sacked from his last two clubs. Why would you want to go to a losing club with a losing culture and now another losing coach?

10. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    Good to see Dean Pay get a coaching gig in Sydney after biding his time with the Storm NYC team!

11. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Wasn't he defensive coach at the roosters (when Ricky was successful there)

• Like Like x 4
  12. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    How come? He's no friend of manly.

13. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Nod for Pay, Parish

Expect Matt Parish and Dean Pay to be confirmed as Ricky Stuart's assistants at Parramatta shortly. The pair are also in line to replace Laurie Daley as Country coach. It will not be the only staffing change at the club following a review by consultancy Bluestone Edge - the blue and golds are on a lookout for a football manager. ''We need someone to run the day to day stuff in the football office,'' Bob Bentley, the chief executive of the football and leagues clubs, said.

Lively TV

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/roosters-play-down-pearces-high-jinks-20120825-24t4n.html#ixzz24bdmNPhp

• Like Like x 1
  14. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    He's the brother-in-law of a close mate of mine. Nice guy!

15. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    If Parish were to leave us, Brad Arthur is an intriguing name as a new assistant coach considering he is unwanted by Ricky at Parra.

16. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    . . . especially if he can bring some of those good Parra juniors that will be displaced by high-cost Manly signings, Hoppa Jnr, Lussick and to a lesser extent Harrison.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    I think he had been linked with the roosters. Only paper talk though I suppose.

18. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    What about the name Cliffy Lyons?

19. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    The old firm back again gotta like that. Throw in beaver as water boy for good measure.

20. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    We should offer TC a gig.
    (I'm serious)