Matt Orofrd to Miss rest of Season & Wolves sign Monaghan for another 2 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matt Orofrd to Miss rest of Season & Wolves sign Monaghan for another 2 years

Bradford Bulls have today confirmed that Scrum Half Matt Orford will undergo surgery on the shoulder he injured in Edinburgh and will miss the rest of the season.

Warrington Wolves hooker Michael Monaghan has agreed a two-year extension to his contract which will keep him at the club until the end of 2013.

The 30-year-old Australian, who was man of the match in the Wolves’ 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup triumph, joined the club as a scrum half from Manly two and a half years ago but has successfully made the switch to hooker.

Warrington head coach Tony Smith said: “I am delighted, as is everyone at the club, that Michael has agreed to extend his contract.

“There is no doubt in my mind that he is one of the best if not the best hooker in the current Super League competition.”

Re: Matt Orofrd to Miss rest of Season & Wolves sign Monaghan for another 2 years

Manly1 link said:
Bradford Bulls have today confirmed that Scrum Half Matt Orford will undergo surgery on the shoulder he injured in Edinburgh and will miss the rest of the season.

Warrington Wolves hooker Michael Monaghan has agreed a two-year extension to his contract which will keep him at the club until the end of 2013.

The 30-year-old Australian, who was man of the match in the Wolves’ 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup triumph, joined the club as a scrum half from Manly two and a half years ago but has successfully made the switch to hooker.

Warrington head coach Tony Smith said: “I am delighted, as is everyone at the club, that Michael has agreed to extend his contract.

“There is no doubt in my mind that he is one of the best if not the best hooker in the current Super League competition.”

Ack Mona's - we lost the wrong player there.

He was treated like poop once Ox arrived.

IMO he was a much better player.

:-(

Re: Matt Orofrd to Miss rest of Season & Wolves sign Monaghan for another 2 years

Monas was heaps better than Ox and should of stayed at Manly.  Our loss their gain.

Monas was heaps better than Ox and should of stayed at Manly.  Our loss their gain.

come on mata carve these blokes
monas was rubbish at half back
mr concentric circles ??? (did i get that right)

Monas won't play in the halves again and I doubt he is up to NRL standard in that position. He was the Lance Todd Trophy winner at hooker last year in the Challenge Cup and had a blinder. I'm one of the few on here that was sorry to see him go. Loved his toughness.

Given a choice of picking a half back out of Ox or Monas I would go with Ox. Given a choice of taking either or going with someone else for our future I'd go with someone else. It is academic as we won't get either.

Cambo link said:
come on mata carve these blokes

Yeah, I've been waiting for him to do that ever since they posted that last night  :)

yeah i agree jerry,  i still have memories of that try he scored against dogs 2minutes out  4th tackle he chips for himself gets a good bounce catches & passes in one motion to robbo who tears away to score under the post we snatch victory in the last minute.. i liked monaghan he tried things ..

orford should just retire now..

jjai link said:
yeah i agree jerry,  i still have memories of that try he set up against dogs 2minutes out  4th tackle he chips for himself gets a good bounce catches & passes in one motion to robbo who tears away to score under the post we snatch victory in the last minute.. i liked monaghan he tried things ..

orford should just retire now..

And do you remember getting flogged by the eels by 40 in the knockout semi in his last year as halfback.it was the biggest losing margin in semi history i believe since the NRL started.monaghan was embarrassing that day.and it probably slipped your mind that we then made two grandfinals with orford as halfback and captain including a record 40 nil victory over the supposed team of the century,a year in which he also won the dally M,after running top ten the year before.Those awards are judjed by his peers,mostly great past players.someone thought he could play.

Funny how history is rewritten.He was ordinary in 09 and left.Think back to NE days and tell me that we could win a GF a few years later.Bit of credit please.

remember the tigers at brookie in 06

orford kick to stewart manly score and win

ox was all over monas

Ox premiership winning captain
Dally m player of the year

Monas
Challenge cup winner

i know wat i rate higher

neither have a place in our current plans

Even I would have to admit Orford was superior to Monas.  I well remember the 06 game.  Just magical watching Stewie catch Orford's kick over the top of Marshall and plant the ball.  And I was at the game when Mona's chip kicked and regathered sending Robbo in to score.  I wouldn't give the credit to Orford for the GF victory.  There were others in that game.  However he was there.  We won't see either back with us so it's all academic.  Move on is my current mantra.  Give DCE a go.     

Monaghan was an absolute bitch for the grounds man.

Have you ever lowered your mower to far while its running?

yeah i remember orfords kick for brett  ..  good game that 1 also... snatched victory in the last few seconds...

both of those players had their faults but on their day were match winners.. sometimes they both had poor options for us on 5th tackle..

Monna's was good. Ox was fantastic.

Seaeagle63 link said:
Monas was heaps better than Ox and should of stayed at Manly.  Our loss their gain.
Please tell me your joking !!!!!-have u no idea ???

susan ridgepipe link said:
And do you remember getting flogged by the eels by 40 in the knockout semi in his last year as halfback.it was the biggest losing margin in semi history i believe since the NRL started.monaghan was embarrassing that day.and it probably slipped your mind that we then made two grandfinals with orford as halfback and captain including a record 40 nil victory over the supposed team of the century,a year in which he also won the dally M,after running top ten the year before.Those awards are judjed by his peers,mostly great past players.someone thought he could play.

Funny how history is rewritten.He was ordinary in 09 and left.Think back to NE days and tell me that we could win a GF a few years later.Bit of credit please.

I think your selling Lyon a bit short. It wasnt until he got going that we were a real contender, both Monas with Harris and Orford with Lyon in the beggining were sitting targets as the only playmakers.

Both monas and ox worked our way from the NE dark days to 2008.

Sometimes Matabele can be just so disappointing.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Sometimes Matabele can be just so disappointing.

I know right!

Espcially when he doesn't even post in some topics. :S

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7