1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Orford, David Williams and Michael Robertson Just About Resigned - Seven Ne

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by OneEyedEagle, Sep 3, 2009.

1. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Just announced on Channel 7 News, Manly have just about resigned Matt Orford, David Williams and Michael Robertson.

I guess we need to await an official announcement from the club. Would be interesting to know what sort of money has been offered and how much it leaves in the kitty now.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    This is the same thing that has been being said for months. Same old news

3. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    How long did we sign each player for?

4. missing_something

missing_something Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO no no no no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I believe Ox is a 3 year deal.

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    i dont mind the ox resigning but i would keep robbo and williams

7. Stiffi

Stiffi Active Member 2016 Tipping Competitor 2015 Tipping Competitor

That is just plain ****ing ridiculous!!

I believe Ox is a 3 year deal.
    [/quote]

8. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Three years, ridiculous.  He's been hopeless this year, so what form will he bring for the next three years?  There goes our U20s half, and any other who maybe thinking of getting a run.  Just what do these morons see in this dwarf.  Obviously they don't go to any games. 

9. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    Orford the most 1 more year robbo longer & wolfman i'm not really fussed he's suspect in the air, poor ball handling, & can't tackle.

10. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Ox wanted 2-3 years. Surely the too & fro of the deal was about the declination of the 3rd year and the bits & pieces of the annual sum from there.

So it should be a 1+1 deal, which I can live with providing the likes of Foran & Hodgo dont believe they are impeded.

Its supposed to be a whole new ballgame on the upcurve in 2011.

11. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    They didn't swoop, was just mentioned right at the end of the sports segment. Guess we will have to wait.

12. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    I hope we have enough money to re-sign Lyon to a longer contract.

13. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Fro is going to love this trail, and then he might have thoughts on what the players are doing :)

14. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    What clubs have they gone to if they've resigned.

15. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    get ****ed u ****en dog
    im over u bagging the man who brought us a premiership 40 nil
    why dont u just **** off and support norths
    u cock smoking ****

or better still why dont u suck wayne bennett u moron

16. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Thank fark we dont have cliffy as coach, we would still have the original 47 team out there because they at the time were the best ever.

17. nita

nita Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Re: Matt Orford, David Williams and Michael Robertson Just About Resigned - Seve

Here are a lot of reeeeally harsh posts here..!

Personally, I'd be really stoked if wolfy and wangman are resigned for ages :)

18. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,737 / 257
    Do I detect that Cliffy GC might be unhappy at DSM???

Maybe not it was just something I had noticed.

19. kingyfan

kingyfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    He isn't going to get any better over the next 3 years.  Imagine his drop outs in 3 years time.  Lol

No more premierships for us for the next 3 years with cliffy's love child as half back.

20. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Orford on a 3 year deal is madness. I'd be happy for him to hang for one more year. His form has been on the slide this year and I can't see it getting any better next year, let alone in 3 years time. I really hope Orford isn't still our halfback in 3 years time.

As for him single handedly delivering us a 40-0 Premiership ??? Please, that's an insult to the other 16 players out there on the day, and to most of our intelligences.