matt cecchin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint

Tipping Member
I understand that there is another thread (or two) related to this topic, but I just wanted to say,

Good on you Matt - what you have shared to the public is very courageous.

All the best to you and your family.

Agreed. The homophobia attached to league culture is extreme. It's not as though Ian Roberts is the only gay man to ever play league, but he's the only one that came out – which shows just how hard it would be to come out for anyone who wants a future in the game.

Having read the Roberts autobiography, this is not an easy thing for anyone. It says a lot about society when Ceccin has had to wait years to do this so his child is not victimized at school.

Can't believe there doing articles about referees, let alone about their sexuality. No wonder Cecchins one of the worst refs goin round with all that eye candy on the field.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Agreed. The homophobia attached to league culture is extreme. It's not as though Ian Roberts is the only gay man to ever play league, but he's the only one that came out – which shows just how hard it would be to come out for anyone who wants a future in the game.
Bottoms up to him then:D I agree on it being a gutsy move but it doesn't hurt to have a laugh.

The guys a terrible ref couldn't care less if he was gay or not, now it just makes him harder to sack (discrimation claims :S)

When it comes to knock on and strips Chechin should nail these calls because he's the master of ball handling N control. ;)

Why is it courageous to announce what everyone already knew?

His self outing may be the most popular thing he does this year.

Wow. So what? It's 2012 not 1912. I don't know too many gay people but if it doesn't affect your ability to function as a normal human than so what?

Cecchin doesn't function like a normal human stevo, he is a tosser

Opinion of him hasn't changed from last week because he made his little announcement, he is still an arrogant little dickhead

10% of the population is gay

There has been 1 first grade player and now one ref that has come out. Clearly there have been more and, for what ever reason, more people have not come out.

You are kidding yourself if you do not think that there is homophobia in the NRL (or every professional sport) much like racism was an issue many years ago.

If it was not an issue then there would be no need to dedicate media / discussion on forums such as this

Stevo said:
Fair call Kiwi. Just don't think it warrants back page news or 2 threads.

I'm the same. But he won't have me going soft on him and feeling sorry for him when he makes a **** call because he likes to pack a bit of fudge

Kiwi Eagle said:
Stevo said:
Fair call Kiwi. Just don't think it warrants back page news or 2 threads.

I'm the same. But he won't have me going soft on him and feeling sorry for him when he makes a s**t call because he likes to pack a bit of fudge
I bet you won't go soft on him Ke ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8