Matt Ballin Re-signs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Matt Ballin boosts Sea Eagles
Saturday 7 July 2012 4:08 PM

Dedicated clubman and hardworking hooker Matt Ballin has re-signed with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles until the end of the 2015 season.

The 28-year-old Queenslander who began his NRL career with the Sea Eagles in 2007, said he couldn’t be happier in the maroon and white.

“My family and I are extremely happy to be at the Manly club for the next three years,” Ballin said.

“The club has always been loyal and supportive of me and my family since I started here.”

“I’m excited to be able to continue the successful culture the Sea Eagles have established.”

Ballin has played 132 first grade games for the Sea Eagles and is second only to Penrith’s Kevin Kingston as this year’s leading tackler (650 tackles).

His re-signing is another step in the Sea Eagles' efforts to secure their Premiership-winning ‘spine’.

Coach Geoff Toovey said Ballin is one of the most consistent, well-respected players in the game.

“Matt is a great clubman and a great ambassador for Manly and rugby league,” Toovey said.

“He is a tireless competitor and his teammates love playing alongside him.”

Ballin represented Queensland at Origin level in 2010.

http://t.co/iuxfFr2n

Great news, well done to the club & Ballin in getting the deal signed!!

Fantastic news!

I am so glad to see Matty go around with our club for the next 3 and a half years.

A great clubman and a valuable player to our roster.

Also an impecible person off the field.

David Perry and the club administration are doing a fine job.

Well done all around.:D

really pleased about this but thought it would always happen once TRex jumped ship. Don't want Buhrer to be pidgeon holed as a professional reserve though, Casey MacGuire, Kurt Gidley style - but I think Des used the both of them on the field last year for a few games with Ballin doing the tackling occasional link man job and Buhrer adding some dummy half spark.

I used to love the twenty to thirty minutes we got from L'Estrange a while back. Who is to say just cause Matty can play eighty (or a thousand) minutes he should.

Echoing some others in that I don't know where this leaves L Foz. He would be a strong J Robson like option at a few of the less structured clubs out there at the moment.

What's doing with Hodkinson in reggies at the dogs?

Matty Ballin.
The exception that proves the rule about Qlders.

It really would be inappropriate of the club to treat Matt as anything other than a priority. He's right up there with our legendary local juniors like Beaver, Tooves and Choc as being 100% Manly. Great news about Matt, and Skivvy fits into the same category.

Legend I have been waiting for this news

Duff said:
Matty Ballin.
The exception that proves the rule about Qlders.

It really would be inappropriate of the club to treat Matt as anything other than a priority. He's right up there with our legendary local juniors like Beaver, Tooves and Choc as being 100% Manly. Great news about Matt, and Skivvy fits into the same category.

It says so much about the club culture that players like Ballin and Matai come here and become clubmen. I could never imagine either of them playing elsewhere and I am proud to consider them truly two of our own.

Where is Queensland? That's in Manly...
Where's New Zealand? That's in Manly...
Where is Wee Waa? That's in Manly...
Manly's everywhere!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4