Mateo coming home...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's interesting, I was confident he would have ripped it up in the ESL, the game over there would suit his style. Hopefully his "family reasons" aren't anything too serious.

Enigmatic player, just never found that consistency of performance did he. He and Ali Lauititi are two of the more naturally gifted ball playing forwards I've seen, but they just didn't have that mongrel edge to them to make them an NRL success.

There must of been political reasons for why he wasn't picked this year cos based on his 2015 form he did OK.

Can see Souths and Dragons being interested.

The problem will be his asking price

In todays SMH

Stars head for Hills

There are plenty of big names still running around in the third-tier Ron Massey Cup. Experienced first-graders Feleti Mateo and Heath L'Estrange are playing for the Hills District, while troubled youngster Willis Meehan is making a low-key comeback with the Auburn Warriors.

I think the Rugby League community should care. In reference to the players who retire because they can't get another NRL contract or the ones who just want to keep playing, if these guys are encouraged to play in these levels of footy, I reckon there will be less depression amongst some of these guys. It will give them the chance to adjust to life with footy and then life without footy.
Also, the NRL can bandy about how the players are giving back to the game. Possibly becoming role models of the juniors coming through and providing guidance. Maybe earning 10k a year in fees, maybe more maybe less.
And this is what needs to be embraced and marketed by the NRL and push this onto the Country Rugby League. Inject some interest these areas.
All you hear about are jobs for the boys, the ones who get the TV gigs or jobs within the NRL. This is an area the NRL should be investing in. Keep the ex first graders in the game.

I think the Rugby League community should care. In reference to the players who retire because they can't get another NRL contract or the ones who just want to keep playing, if these guys are encouraged to play in these levels of footy, I reckon there will be less depression amongst some of these guys. It will give them the chance to adjust to life with footy and then life without footy.
Also, the NRL can bandy about how the players are giving back to the game. Possibly becoming role models of the juniors coming through and providing guidance. Maybe earning 10k a year in fees, maybe more maybe less.
And this is what needs to be embraced and marketed by the NRL and push this onto the Country Rugby League. Inject some interest these areas.
All you hear about are jobs for the boys, the ones who get the TV gigs or jobs within the NRL. This is an area the NRL should be investing in. Keep the ex first graders in the game.

What an excellent, insightful, thoughtful opinion.

Great post, and I 100% agree.

Thanks for sharing

Ok ok I agree with the sentiment. I suppose my comment was more towards the attitude I saw from Meehan and Mateo when they got th chance with it. One looked like he didn't want to be here and the other destroyed the car and apartment the club provided him.

Ok ok I agree with the sentiment. I suppose my comment was more towards the attitude I saw from Meehan and Mateo when they got th chance with it. One looked like he didn't want to be here and the other destroyed the car and apartment the club provided him.
I get it, I certainly hope Meehan doesn't progress and be "rewarded" for his actions.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2