Match thread: Manly Sharks Trial score updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
14-2 penalty count? Against Manly? Didn't we get punished enough last year? Isn't getting stuffed in a grand final enough?

SMH reporter on twitter at 10pm.

https://twitter.com/MCarayannis/status/431743049765384192

Michael Carayannis
‏@MCarayannis

Geoff Toovey says Steve Matai's ankle injury isn't severe. Jorge Taufua battling an elbow injury. In doubt for the 9's

MWTS - Trial Update

Good news everyone - I pulled up OK from the first MWTS trial.

I had a run out early under the careful supervision of the Kasmar coaching family - I was on my way to the "facilities" but they "critiqued" my approach and I, of course, was better for the advice...

I was advised that as a senior player I should be able to supply more "team sheets" so I adapted my play and played my strength to their weakness and that hopefully saw a more cohesive unit.

I was then side-lined until I took the initiative and slotted myself in behind Bones and Jerina.

As a counter play I had DSM5 playing a roving role on my left side to confuse the opposition coach who knew I was right handed but am strongest on my left...

"Napper" (From this site) was introduced to me by Bones - for those there who saw Napper holding his daughter (too cute!) and listened to her squealing support of the Sea Eagles you'll know that our legacy is safe...Thanks for saying G'day mate and hopefully see you again?

Jerina played a pivotal role in teasing and annoying the local defence who were often felt lacking or intimidated by the mobility and size of the opposing attack (Thanks Guys, I wouldn't have done it without you...)

Leigh came in on my right side about 10 mins in ........

Scoreboard means nothing,
I purposely wore my "Premiers 2011" polo...

I'll keep you updated on away tours as they are finalised so please stay tuned?

Thanks
Vidmar

Who played on the left wing if Jorge and Matai were off ?

Which newbie stood out?

We should have the Nines Team out on Monday :)

HappilyManly said:

Which newbie stood out?

Gutherson played on the wing.

Bird Up said:
HappilyManly said:

Which newbie stood out?

Gutherson played on the wing.

Watched all the games, he is not a winger, not big enough, but can play five eighth, has played there a few times before.

Good night for footy last night. I watched the 20s. Some good players coming out of there, I know Cronulla are interested in a few as well and have been at one stage grabbing hold of a few players to talk ! Looks like another Matai coming through as the right centre, did a crunching one on one tackle, which had the crowd cheering. Their halves are no good, which is the weakness there, not much skill. They have some good forwards and 2 big props who can run and hit. 1sts looked ok, but IMO the normal 1st side for manly will stay and Jake will be on the bench for the forwards with Hiku for the backs.

we had delroy berryman on the wing at times, Tyson Andrews put a few big shots on but his fitness isnt up to nrl level yet, Jessie Sene- Lefao show his really pushing for his nrl spot this year,
Jack Littlejohn and Mania Rudolph really showed some promise with there time in the halves
In the under 20s Tom Trbojevic, Kyle Saunders, Jamil Hopoate really stood out

The match report article:

Sea Eagles brush off cobwebs in first trial

John Chammas
Friday 7 February 2014 9:11 PM

The Sea Eagles will head into next week’s Auckland Nines tournament having brushed off the cobwebs after a tough first trial against the Sharks at Remondis Stadium.

Despite the 24-12 defeat, the Sea Eagles were able to flex their muscles in their first hit-out for 2014.

Click here to read the full MWSE Official article.

I think John Chammas should get someone to edit his match reports in the future -
" ...Eric Growthe Junior"
" ...Jamie Lyon crossed over almost unscathed". So did he hurt himself?
" ...dominated field possession".

On a side note, did they not bother taking conversions?

Silver Eagle said:
we had delroy berryman on the wing at times, Tyson Andrews put a few big shots on but his fitness isnt up to nrl level yet, Jessie Sene- Lefao show his really pushing for his nrl spot this year,
Jack Littlejohn and Mania Rudolph really showed some promise with there time in the halves

I didn't see a man of the match for the 20s, Saunders will be lucky to get a spot in the side, I have watch a lot of his games and he went ok but is pretty ordinary, got a try handed to him but he is too small and his defence needs work. They have too many big strong backs in the team. I was speaking to a mate who is an official at manly to select the 20s team and he agreed with me...he and I, liked Jamil lock, Tom fullback, the 2 big props, Leonati and Mirceski, Australian Schoolboy, NSW League and NSW Rugby player Taylor, who played right centre who was strong all game and did a huge Matai style one on one tackle, normally plays wing but are looking to play him in the centres and can play fullback, watch out for this kid, he has clubs chasing him including rugby, believe he has 2 years still with manly,very fast and dangerous if he gets into the open. Some of these 20s will be going up into NSW Cup half way through the season. I hope they have a good season this year.

Great report ER, never saw alot in Saunders either. The younger Indigenous centre Jesse Ramien certainly has alot of talent so watch him (I think) in SG Ball this year??

Jake's brother (fullback) Tom is playing 2 years up and just has that something about him in terms of skill. In juniors last year he basically was given the ball alot at fullback and he would end up running riot.

Chalie Taylor the centre has massive wraps on him and great to hear they are trying him at centre. Must be re-signed as awesome ability.

Really hoping Jamil has a better year now he is back in the fold. Very talented lock when playing well.

Eagle Rock said:
Silver Eagle said:

I didn't see a man of the match for the 20s, Saunders will be lucky to get a spot in the side, I have watch a lot of his games and he went ok but is pretty ordinary, got a try handed to him but he is too small and his defence needs work. They have too many big strong backs in the team. I was speaking to a mate who is an official at manly to select the 20s team and he agreed with me...he and I, liked Jamil lock, Tom fullback, the 2 big props, Leonati and Mirceski, Australian Schoolboy, NSW League and NSW Rugby player Taylor, who played right centre who was strong all game and did a huge Matai style one on one tackle, normally plays wing but are looking to play him in the centres and can play fullback, watch out for this kid, he has clubs chasing him including rugby, believe he has 2 years still with manly,very fast and dangerous if he gets into the open. Some of these 20s will be going up into NSW Cup half way through the season. I hope they have a good season this year.

Was Liam knight playing?

Shoe1 said:
Eagle Rock said:
Silver Eagle said:

Was Liam knight playing?

Yes he did and played well. If I was picking this team, if Taylor was picked for one of the centres and not wing, Liam would be my other centre and not second row.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2