Match Report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mybludog link said:
Just got home. my take on it...

Choc....more drops than metres
Riccardi, Blanch, Wolfy, Joe, Seu Seu all good

Cross, Cunningham, Oldfeild, DCE, L Foran all solid.

Kitey....yep, trying to be a 5/8

Buhrer's hit was a corker

T-Rex...still lost when a high balls up. did a couple of good runs...but, it's gonna be another long year
not really.. long year for him not us.. now we have bailey out  some regulars back  , thank fuk we won t have to watch trex..

Leaving Buhrer on the bench for those games
Bennett done it to some kid and it was supposedly
a masterstroke,Des does it and its stupid,how does
that work?

Shane link said:
Leaving Buhrer on the bench for those games
Bennett done it to some kid and it was supposedly
a masterstroke,Des does it and its stupid,how does
that work?
they won the comp we didnt ..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297494043[/time]

also that titans game was crucial in the end ..
for 71 minutes we were leading only using 16 players & about 6 interchanges out of 10 .. while titans had used all their interchanges & bench players.
i dnt mind that tactic if we a mile in front..

Cunningham has put on serious size and so has Junior Palau, Majouli looked good, Cross looked useless and Kite couldn't break an egg. Maybe time for Cunningham, Palau combo off bench.

Moujali played one match for the Roosters last year... that was a sneaky signing, but he's a prop, so he could potentially be another gem recruit thanks to Cleal. Kyle Lodge and Portlock impressed me last night... I think we have more depth than people think. Just need to get games into them. Our NSW Cup side should be very strong.

So it seems like we've done a swap of Moujali for Lama Tasi? Wouldn't imagine it would be similar salary-wise of course...

Speaking of Lama, he played for Newtown today (and possibly backed up in first grade too?). He is a freaking giant. Arguably the biggest human on the field out there today and he absolutely flattened some poor soul with a questionable shot (looked high).

Too early to tell and you'd like to see how he goes against the bigger bodies in the NRL but gee he looked hard to bring down and was ruthless in defence. Much, much bigger than I ever remembered him being in Toyota Cup for us!

willstyles link said:
So it seems like we've done a swap of Moujali for Lama Tasi? Wouldn't imagine it would be similar salary-wise of course...

Speaking of Lama, he played for Newtown today (and possibly backed up in first grade too?). He is a freaking giant. Arguably the biggest human on the field out there today and he absolutely flattened some poor soul with a questionable shot (looked high).

Too early to tell and you'd like to see how he goes against the bigger bodies in the NRL but gee he looked hard to bring down and was ruthless in defence. Much, much bigger than I ever remembered him being in Toyota Cup for us!

More importantly Willstyles how are the KB's

a post from a Sharks fan at LU

Our forwards looked farking great. Snowden, Dougie, Tupou & Bukuya the standouts. We had it over the Manly pack most of the time. And we still have Gallen, Smith and Morris to come into this side. Farking exciting!!

Manly had key backs in Matai, Lyon and Stewart not playing. Geezus! They have a great back line this season. Robertson and Wolfman on the Wings with T Rex and Oldfield as back ups and Lyon and Matai to come into the centres and Stewart at Fullback and Will Hopoate in the mix. Also I was very impressed with a second rower of theirs. James Cunningham. Will play First Grade for sure this year. A real handful with the ball with his powerful runs and a sledge hammer in defense. If Manly don't lock him up we should keep tabs on him. Would be a great signing in the future!

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:

Our forwards looked farking great. Snowden, Dougie, Tupou & Bukuya the standouts. We had it over the Manly pack most of the time. And we still have Gallen, Smith and Morris to come into this side. Farking exciting!!

Manly had key backs in Matai, Lyon and Stewart not playing. Geezus! They have a great back line this season. Robertson and Wolfman on the Wings with T Rex and Oldfield as back ups and Lyon and Matai to come into the centres and Stewart at Fullback and Will Hopoate in the mix. Also I was very impressed with a second rower of theirs. James Cunningham. Will play First Grade for sure this year. A real handful with the ball with his powerful runs and a sledge hammer in defense. If Manly don't lock him up we should keep tabs on him. Would be a great signing in the future!

Not sure how they could say their forwards were great....

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186425.msg315503#msg315503 date=1297570601]

Not sure how they could say their forwards were great....
[/quote]

This guy has to be kidding if he thinks that Cunningham would ever go to the sharks.  They can't even keep their own juniors as this piece from the DT shows:

Saints unearthed a star of the future in back-rower Jack Bosden, a Cronulla junior who set-up a try and scored one himself.

I too thought the Sharks forwards were ponderous and slow.  I had this thought that that was where their strength was.  They had no ideas when attacking our line.  I thought, apart from the first five minutes of the first half, we had their measure.  Tim Smith offers nothing and their backline is really weak.  Wooden spoon bound.  Will add another to their collection.     

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7