Mata's side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mata's side

So it seems all is forgiven and Manly will have the highest paid number 6 in the competition (thanks Max).

This is the same sort of nonsense sentiment that resulted in us getting the $240,000 man and the trusty steed in the first place.

I will hate the day when I will be saying \"I told you so\"

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

So Anasta, Lockyer, Barrett , Marshall are all on Under $240 k ???????

:bdh: :bdh:

Mata's side

[quote author=Matabele]

So it seems all is forgiven and Manly will have the highest paid number 6 in the competition (thanks Max).

This is the same sort of nonsense sentiment that resulted in us getting the $240,000 man and the trusty steed in the first place.

[/quote]

Stevie... go to the thread "one that ryan didn't start" and you'll see PJ will try and have you belive that

Mata's side

[quote author=Matabele]

[/quote]

Officialy yes. Everyone knows that the salary cap is a scam.

And I have that on VERY good authority.

Mata's side

I'm willing to be proven wrong but i can't see monaghan earning more than 2 NSW and Australian Representatives... unless as you say the salary cap is a real rort!!

I thought you had to start at $250k a year for an Australian Rep and $200k a year for a NSW rep??

Mata's side

I'm willing to be proven wrong but i can't see monaghan earning more than 2 NSW and Australian Representatives... unless as you say the salary cap is a real rort!!

I thought you had to start at $250k a year for an Australian Rep and $200k a year for a NSW rep??

As I said, I have it on very good authority.

Do the maths. If St George and Roosters fit all those players under their cap, how much do you think Barret and Anasta get paid officially?

In contrast, it was widely reported that Santa Delmege flung quite a bit of money Monaghan's way as he rode past on his trusty steed.

Mata's side

thats fine but the reality is , They are on more than that unofficially , its like Manly coming out and saying Monas is on $80k when hes really on 240k , and I agree Mona's is not worth $240K

Mata's side

Obviously. It's funny what sort of crap some want to make up to prove a point.

Mata's side

If you keep telling bull**** ,sooner enough u will start to believe yourself !

Mata's side

So am i right that the minimum australian representatives can be paid is $250k and the minimum an origin representative can be paid is $200k??

I am not certain on this obviously but i do remember hearing or reading something stating that??

It is suppose to be a way to even out the competition putting a set amount to start with on an elite player so that once they have brought those players the gap is alot closer in the salary cap!!

If this is so... canasta and barrett have both represented australia and would START their contracts at $250k a year

Mata's side

If you keep telling bull**** ,sooner enough u will start to believe yourself !

Fluffy is a genius
Fluffy is a genius
Fluffy is a genius
Fluffy is a genius
Fluffy is a genius
Fluffy is a genius

Mata's side

So am i right that the minimum australian representatives can be paid is $250k and the minimum an origin representative can be paid is $200k??

I am not certain on this obviously but i do remember hearing or reading something stating that??

It is suppose to be a way to even out the competition putting a set amount to start with on an elite player so that once they have brought those players the gap is alot closer in the salary cap!!

If this is so... canasta and barrett have both represented australia and would START their contracts at $250k a year

There's no such arrangement.

Mata's side

There is no such arrangement (as in the rep players salary) and if you think about it, it is ridiculous to suggest that given contracts are worked out with the clubs to fit into a salary cap and rep teams tend to change a bit.
Bottom line is Monas on $240,000 is a joke.
Yes can't do much about it but have a look at the bigger picture- him being on that money is going to make it alot harder to keep up and coming players and attract quality players of which Monas is neither!

Mata's side

I agree with ya that mona's shouldn't be on that money (that was never my argument), i said i find it hard to believe he would earn more money than barrett and anasta

Mata's side

I agree with ya that mona's shouldn't be on that money (that was never my argument), i said i find it hard to believe he would earn more money than barrett and anasta

Yeah fair enough- I was the same when I heard about Barrett and Anasta but I wouldn't have put it on here if the source wasn't reliable.
I appreciate that people have a difference of opinion- probably more so on how to put up with the situation than the situation itself.
Most would be disappointed that Monas is on that amount of money- like him or loathe him.
It just gets at me especially thinking that this might hinder our attempts to keep the likes of Burns and Cuthbo and lure the likes of Jamie Lyon to the club.
I will be more than happy to cop it sweet if he by some chance carves - actually I would be just happy if he held his own and let Orford control the play. If that happens you can tell me all about and I will happily accept that I was wrong.
As far as reading that link to the salary cap- it was pretty interesting but all it shows is that players will be rewarded for making representative teams but nothing about minimum amounts- just based on bonus's.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4