Matai's hit on Tyrell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And the best part of Matai's hit (and Jorge's).....they were totally legal. Not even a question of a shoulder charge in either.

After Jorge knocked the stuffing out of Walker he must have bragged to Matai who promptly showed him how the master does it ;)

Igor Randall would have been proud of how hard both hits were.

Anyone still think he should retire or that the club should let him go at the end of the year? He's worth keeping around for the hits alone :D

Last edited:
Our best defensive moment all year has been delivered by one of our backs !

And the forwards should be EMBARRASSED ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly enough these sort of hits and hit men are slowly being culled from the sport. While it'll be on the highlights reels for years, it's not the image teh NRL wants to portray to little Timmy and the soccer mums ;)

That was the highlight of the night for sure!

I love the way he blindsides players. He could make a real goose of himself charging in like that and getting owned but the guy just does not miss! Amazing timing.

The world needs more big hits...and shoulder hits.

One of my fave videos...

for those who can access the tele website there is a short story on the hit with a link to a video showing some of his greatest hits!
part of the story:
MANLY hit man Steve Matai apologised to South Sydney prop Dave Tyrrell after that tackle he made on him during Friday’s game at ANZ Stadium.

And the powerhouse back revealed that he pulled off what has been described as the tackle of the year despite suffering a bad dose of the ‘flu.

Matai launched himself at the unsuspecting Rabbitoh with a perfectly time bone-cruncher in the first half that is destined to etch a place in rugby league folklore.

“I wouldn’t read too much into it, he didn’t see me coming,” the self-effacing Matai said on Monday.

“I didn’t really think at all, it was more trying to change the momentum of the game.

link below
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-infamous-tackle/story-fni3gnk1-1227420571481

video link:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...de-of-demolition/story-fnp0lyn3-1227417783772

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8