1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MATAI

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by the mauler, Apr 5, 2011.

1. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Dont know what everyone else thinks,but i cant wait to see my fave manly player get back out there on sat night and do what Matai does best-Smash people! Also luv those runs of his from dummy half. With choc out we will really need his aggression 2 lead the way against gallen,smith and co.Just hope hes learnt from his latest suspension and doesnt overstep the mark.
      Go the Truck!!!!         

2. King

King Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 3
    If he played last week we would have won. I can't wait to see him rip in and tighten up that left edge.

3. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I agree with all except the fave player bit. He is second behind Brett Stewart for mine.

4. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Just saw matai on fox. Hez pumped and so am i!

5. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    He treads a fine line.  When he's on the right side he's brilliant, when not can cost us.

He seems to go overboard when he gets involved in niggle and backchatting with the ref etc.  When he focussed totally on the opposition he's devastating.

6. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    Seeing michael ANUS get belted was worth the suspension though. Hard to resist an opportunity like that.

7. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,365 / 57
    Similar to Snake, having him on the field lifts the Seaeagles team. The massive hits have the opposition players wishing he was off the field.....

8. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    Can't wait to watch him play. Don't expect any big hits but he will do the job and tighten his side of the field. Predict that he will impress in attack. Not that I bet, but he is a good thing to score first, second, third, fourth or last try.

9. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    I can't wait for the return of Matai. I am thinking he will have a blinder

10. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL6b96jaazU&feature=player_embedded

11. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
  12. captainskin

captainskin Active Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    Regarding the above clip:

Yep, that will turn a game on its head and psych a team up.

I now understand why Des perseveres with Steve and is willing to live with (and work with) the risk of losing Steve in suspensions. The pluses of risking Steve far out weigh the minuses; and if Des doesn't have a Steve playing like this Manly lose some of their intimidation factor. But with every big hit and aggressive run, there is a cost... and Des has counted that cost, and smiled, and then he rolls the dice.  ;D

13. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,554 / 32
    He gives us that intimidation factor. Makes players on the opposing side wary.

14. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    I also think Choc WOULD have benefited from Stevies return this week. They are good mates and work very well with each other in defence and attack.

15. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Great clip that one!! Stevie really smashes blokes, I would hate to play him and there isn't an Nrl player that wouldn't be thinking about getting smashed by a Matai Missile when he hits the ball up against the mighty Sea eagles.

16. SwornEagle

SwornEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 3
    MY F*CKING GOD respect for MATAI has risen x100 after watching that clip.

What period did he have his head shaved? He put on some hard hits that season.

Seeing that last hit against the cowboys makes me think he'd cut guys in half aiming up under their rib cage ala BEAVER and CEMENT.

tbc

17. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Awesome video. I can see Foran and Matai pumping each other up for some big hits.

18. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,909 / 27
    Love how Matai has the opposition looking over their shoulders in fear, have to admit he's one of my favourites. I'm hoping he isn't down on match fitness, ergo bad timing and lazy head high tackles.

19. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    Great clip BE.  After seeing that I want to see him back on the field now!!

20. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    We would have won the last two matches we lost with him out there.  I just hope he doesn't run out of the line and miss on Saturday, or get sucked in and go high.  He's a match winner and needs to control the aggro and smash the flakes legally.