• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Joe Kramer link said:
There is no chance they will count NZ games because he would of been picked,can you imagine the loophole that would create. Next year in SOO time the broncos could use the same excuse regarding lockyer or the storm with smith as they are as much certainities for qld as matai is for nz http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/manlys-matai-cops-sevenweek-suspension-20100907-14yuh.html a link regarding his suspension. As for TBA it was Lote tba was named on the wing and he served his ban for the broncos.

Cheers

Test matches have counted as a game in your suspension since the TBA incident, just last year Isaac Luke was suspended and the test counted as a match

The line about us being able to appeal it came from an official involved in it, so it is certainly an option we should be looking at whether it is successful or not

Joe Kramer link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=185820.msg303625#msg303625 date=1287719326]
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185820.msg303582#msg303582 date=1287705472]
[quote author=Ralphie link=topic=185820.msg303571#msg303571 date=1287696451]
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185820.msg303569#msg303569 date=1287696191]
Some people will be delighted

Cheers

You can count me as one of those people. Yes, he has some discipline issues, but he has mongrel and that intimidation factor that has the opposition looking up every time they catch the ball.
[/quote] John Hopoate had that intimidation as did Les Boyd but then they become liabilities and these days with salary caps we can't afford to have a player with such tendencies. People tend to equate intimidation with cheap shots I equate it with Igor and Tooves they were tough and intimidating but never cheap shot merchants

Cheers
[/quote]

Are you implying Matai is a cheap shot merchant ?
[/quote] I'm not impling it I'm shouting it,I know people on this forum love him for his tough play,but I don't see it that way tough players to me are and were Toovey, Igor, I would also say Menzies. The truth is we have invested 3 year deal in a player that if he steps out of line again then we will be missing him for the best part of a season.

Cheers
[/quote]

His judiciary record due to his hard style of play doesnt equate to him being a cheap shot merchant.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185820.msg303624#msg303624 date=1287719163]
There is no chance they will count NZ games because he would of been picked,can you imagine the loophole that would create. Next year in SOO time the broncos could use the same excuse regarding lockyer or the storm with smith as they are as much certainities for qld as matai is for nz http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/manlys-matai-cops-sevenweek-suspension-20100907-14yuh.html a link regarding his suspension. As for TBA it was Lote tba was named on the wing and he served his ban for the broncos.

Cheers

Test matches have counted as a game in your suspension since the TBA incident, just last year Isaac Luke was suspended and the test counted as a match

The line about us being able to appeal it came from an official involved in it, so it is certainly an option we should be looking at whether it is successful or not
[/quote]IIRC Luke was already pick in side? Í agree we should apply I just don't like our chances,if the kiwis had picked a squad and matai was in it then we would have a case

Cheers

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287720703[/time]

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185820.msg303629#msg303629 date=1287719661]
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=185820.msg303625#msg303625 date=1287719326]

Cheers

You can count me as one of those people. Yes, he has some discipline issues, but he has mongrel and that intimidation factor that has the opposition looking up every time they catch the ball.
[/quote] John Hopoate had that intimidation as did Les Boyd but then they become liabilities and these days with salary caps we can't afford to have a player with such tendencies. People tend to equate intimidation with cheap shots I equate it with Igor and Tooves they were tough and intimidating but never cheap shot merchants

Cheers
[/quote]

[/quote] I'm not impling it I'm shouting it,I know people on this forum love him for his tough play,but I don't see it that way tough players to me are and were Toovey, Igor, I would also say Menzies. The truth is we have invested 3 year deal in a player that if he steps out of line again then we will be missing him for the best part of a season.

Cheers
[/quote]

His judiciary record due to his hard style of play doesnt equate to him being a cheap shot merchant.
[/quote]I can name a heap of players that play the game hard yet don't have a poor judicial record. How many times can you hit a player in the head and we stop using the he plays it hard line. The truth is if he played for another club you would consider him a cheap shot merchant. In the day's of tight salary caps I don't think we can continue to play players that walk such a fineline.

Cheers

Loophole? What the ...?

It would hardly be a loophole for Matai to served a suspension earned in the NRL during International games given that he had to serve his suspension earned in an international during NRL games. Remember the Gasnier high shot?

If it goes one way surely it must go the other.

The only 'cheap shot' I've seen from Matai is the one he's currently suspended for. The shot on Ennis was cheap and deserved the suspension he copped. Previous to this, Matai had cleaned his technique up a lot. His poor judiciary record comes from earlier in his career when some of his big shots went wrong and crept up a bit high. They were not what I call 'cheap shots' but timing and technique issues. This year he was pulling off massive hits but they were legal. The Ennis shot wasn't legal and appeared pre-conceived. Ennis is a well known sledger, picked his target and got the result he was after. Matai should've just took it in and got him with one of his legal shots.

Agree Mosto, Shoulders WAS fired up and it did look intentional....Ennis is a prick, we all know that BUT so should the players

Joe Kramer link said:
I can name a heap of players that play the game hard yet don't have a poor judicial record.

Its Matais' play we are talking about not other players.

Joe Kramer link said:
How many times can you hit a player in the head and we stop using the he plays it hard line.

Probably a similar number of times as you assert he performs cheap shots.

Joe Kramer link said:
The truth is if he played for another club you would consider him a cheap shot merchant.

Keep your so called truths based on what you perceive them to be and dont go putting words in my mouth.

I think many of Shoulders big hits have been "borderline".....and these days with the Judiciary borderline is as good as out of line.

But the one on Ennis was pre meditated, you could see him line him up and go wham.....and for that he will be forever a potential liability if he doesn't change his game.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185820.msg303632#msg303632 date=1287720351]
I can name a heap of players that play the game hard yet don't have a poor judicial record.

Its Matais' play we are talking about not other players.

Joe Kramer link said:
How many times can you hit a player in the head and we stop using the he plays it hard line.

Probably a similar number of times as you assert he performs cheap shots.

Joe Kramer link said:
The truth is if he played for another club you would consider him a cheap shot merchant.

Keep your so called truths based on what you perceive them to be and dont go putting words in my mouth.
[/quote]No problem I will just put this in my memory bank for when a player from another club takes 1 of our players out and you come on and bag the  player,I don't need to assert he is a cheap shot merchant just look at his record.If you are happy with a club shedding players to fit him in with his record on a pay increase well good luck to you.

Cheers

Joe Kramer link said:
I don't need to assert he is a cheap shot merchant just look at his record.

We covered that already. To help with your failing memory here it is:

Jatz Crackers link said:

Dont like others opinions differing from yours eh.

Joe Kramer link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=185820.msg303630#msg303630 date=1287719699]

Cheers

[/quote]IIRC Luke was already pick in side? Í agree we should apply I just don't like our chances,if the kiwis had picked a squad and matai was in it then we would have a case

Cheers

Jatz Crackers link said:

Cheers

Cheers
[/quote]

Cheers
[/quote]

[/quote]I can name a heap of players that play the game hard yet don't have a poor judicial record. How many times can you hit a player in the head and we stop using the he plays it hard line. The truth is if he played for another club you would consider him a cheap shot merchant. In the day's of tight salary caps I don't think we can continue to play players that walk such a fineline.

Cheers

[/quote]
Joe Kramer link said:

Cheers

Cheers

Jatz Crackers link said:

Cheers

Cheers
[/quote]

Cheers
[/quote]

Cheers

[/quote]

Cheers, cheers cheers. I suppose the number of toasts you drink accounts for the quality of your contributions.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185820.msg303632#msg303632 date=1287720351]

Cheers

Cheers

Jatz Crackers link said:

Cheers

Cheers
[/quote]

Cheers
[/quote]

Cheers

[/quote]
Joe Kramer link said:

Cheers

Cheers

Jatz Crackers link said:

Cheers

Cheers
[/quote]

Cheers
[/quote]

Cheers

[/quote]

Cheers, cheers cheers. I suppose the number of toasts you drink accounts for the quality of your contributions.
[/quote]

He can say Cheers all he wants but me thinks we has a troll,dont feed the troll just ignore it

Pro forum tip #1

DONT FEED THE TROLLS!

Holy quote and re-quotes batman.
My concern is that our team is a little "soft" without Matai on the field. Now, I'm not saying we aren't GOOD without him...just soft - not enough aggro.

I hate saying this foul word, but The Bears (hehehehe) were like that. Great forwards, but they all had no aggression (Moore, Larson, Fairleigh, Florimo and co.). This was to their detriment, and they never seemed to address it.

We need a take no bull, beat em up forward, like, well, Crocker, or Kidwell in his day. Someone like Burgess, or Hargreaves.

King is the closest thing to an "aggressive type forward" and maybe Choc that we have. No guys, we need some mongrel. Hall was often that type of player. We HAD Hargreaves. They took no ****.

Even Matty Ballin (whilst awesome) is a very low key character.

If we move T-Rex into the forwards, he'd be another low key type. The type that would run from the "cattle-dog" call if you will.

Look guys, I'm a believer that if we don't get that Ben Kennedy, JWH, Crocker type, our forwards will always get beaten down a little by the opposition, because most other teams have that enforcer - heck - I can't stand him, but even The Sharks have Paul Gallen.

Now, I'm not putting our team down per-say. I'm just saying I believe we are missing a key element, and Crusher, Lowe and co. have failed to address that (and I KNOW they are the professionals, and I'm just a schlub, so no-one has to remind me of that..)

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185820.msg303652#msg303652 date=1287727868]
I don't need to assert he is a cheap shot merchant just look at his record.

We covered that already. To help with your failing memory here it is:

Jatz Crackers link said:

Dont like others opinions differing from yours eh.
[/quote] I love other peoples opinions, but it is obvious to be a mod you also have to be a sycophant.As for failing memory I suggest you look ay yourself you can't recall or choose to acknowledge his cheap shot, oh wait there his hard style lol. As a manly fan let's see you come on here next year if god forbid Ennis or O'donnell come out and cheap shot Snake or Killa. I can't wait for you to say he just play's it hard? As a mod I'm sure you would be so even handed.

Cheers ( if that don't offend you shane)

Joke has a point of sorts, it is a fine line between playing hard with aggression and sometimes 'misjudging' versus cheap shot merchant. Of course the cheap shot implies it is deliberate. Probably depends which end of the tackle you are on...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8