• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mr seagles

Reserve Grader
in the paper today they are saying 4 teams are after him now cronulla/warriors and now bulldogs and parramatta i think he will go with the money he might even go with hodko to the dogs.

Personally I think that his manager is drawing this out a litle longer to try and get more money out of the Eagles. I find it very difficult to believe Parra and Dogs would have money in their cap to spend on Matai. I beleive he will stay with us, he just wants as much dough as he can get.

im not convinced with that theory money talks he is an international player and might feel that manly are giving him an offer that is insulting...time will tell

This is getting a bit murky, I think he'll go where the money is. According to the article the UK club's aren't an option because of having little chance of obtaining a work visa(funny it doesn't say anything about France - Catalans who will have more money to poke a stick at next season)

Unless Matai was getting himself into trouble before he joined Manly I don't see why he wouldn't be able to obtain a work visa for the UK. Can't recall him ever getting into any kind of legal trouble while with the club (I may be wrong though seeing as my brain is running purely on the power of red bull atm).

I get the feeling he'll stay with us (knock on wood). As much as I like Farrar, if he is someone that has to go in order for us to keep Matai then it'd be a worthy sacrifice.

Wolfpack link said:
Unless Matai was getting himself into trouble before he joined Manly I don't see why he wouldn't be able to obtain a work visa for the UK. Can't recall him ever getting into any kind of legal trouble while with the club (I may be wrong though seeing as my brain is running purely on the power of red bull atm).

I get the feeling he'll stay with us (knock on wood). As much as I like Farrar, if he is someone that has to go in order for us to keep Matai then it'd be a worthy sacrifice.

I could be wrong here but I have a vague memory of him getting into a bit of trouble years ago at a night club (possibly at Collaroy) where he assaulted someone I think.

Romeo link said:
I heard from a bulldogs insider that we are letting go of Farrar to re-sign him.

I hope they don't have to do this to keep Matai.  Farrar has been a great buy (or should that be swap) for Manly and has really settled in well.  He's only 23 and still has a lot of good years ahead of him.  And if Snake comes back there would still be a place for him in the team.

Rodo link said:
[quote author=Romeo link=topic=184330.msg278993#msg278993 date=1280187615]
I heard from a bulldogs insider that we are letting go of Farrar to re-sign him.

I hope they don't have to do this to keep Matai.  Farrar has been a great buy (or should that be swap) for Manly and has really settled in well.  He's only 23 and still has a lot of good years ahead of him.  And if Snake comes back there would still be a place for him in the team.
[/quote]

I agree.  I don't see why we should have to give up Farrar.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Wolfpack link=topic=184330.msg278998#msg278998 date=1280188632]

I could be wrong here but I have a vague memory of him getting into a bit of trouble years ago at a night club (possibly at Collaroy) where he assaulted someone I think.
[/quote]

Charges were dropped from memory

Over the last few years certain clubs show interest in players from other clubs only to bump their price up,so clubs that are re-signing them use more of their salary.
Bulldogs are specials for it.They recently showed interest in Mortimer(although they were never really interested in him)so Parra had to release Keating for next year to re-sign Mortimer.One guess who then signed Keating!!!!

Romeo link said:

On this point, i was wondering how he fits into our team next year if we keep Matai. We should have Snake returnind as well as Wolfie and young Hoppa in the wings. Farrar has been great but i wonder where he will fit in the side next year?

Matai came to us for virtually no money because he wanted to play for Manly. He won't leave if the money is within cooee

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4