• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey link said:
He had a pretty ordinary game in defence on Sunday and was caught out numerous times. 

I couldn't even bring my self to watch the game on TV yesterday. I did listen to the game on 2GB the way they called the game it sounded like the whole team was having a shocker.

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=177995.msg191408#msg191408 date=1217245146]
He had a pretty ordinary game in defence on Sunday and was caught out numerous times. 

I couldn't even bring my self to watch the game on TV yesterday. I did listen to the game on 2GB the way they called the game it sounded like the whole team was having a shocker.
[/quote]

One person who was with us at the game left at half time and the rest of us left 15 minuted into the second half.  That is how bad they were yesterday.

I turned off the TV with about 20 to go. Not too often I do that, but NOTHING was going our way on Sunday.

As for Matai, IMO he's been our best back these past 3 months. He's offering a lot more in attack these days (has made several breaks down the left flank) and I'd think there won't be too many centres who are keen to run at him either. I hope we can keep him and Robertson together for the next few years as they've developed a good understanding and are both two players who are consistently good, week in, week out.

eagle_predator link said:
tookey was there many Manly supporters there ?

Most of the eastern side was full of roosters supporters while the Manly ones were down on the western side.  Hard to guess how many manly supporters there were but it was quite a lot there on Sunday

It was that bad that the three of us left at half time just before the rain came.  Got home very depressed.  Enough said.

I am an admirer. He played very well in the Canberra game and his footwork set up the match winning try. He is tough, hard, takes pressure off the forwards and shows agression. He was the one player to stick it to the Violet Crumbles in last year's grand final. Sure he makes the odd wrong read in defence but he puts in. Is not a total speedster but his class was shown in Robbo's try last Saturday. Note that Robbo is near the top of the tryscorer's list - surely this has to have a bit to do with Matai.

As CW mentioned...just look at Robbo's tries. 2005 when matai first came on the scene i think robbo got only 5 or 6 tries for the season....but he has nearly tripled this figure since then. I would say a lot has to do with Matai's improvement.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8