1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matai wants brother at Warriors game

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brissie Kid, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 35
    I hope his brother & family make it to this game, Matai sounds pumped for this one, look out Warriors!

• Like Like x 1
  3. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    "watch Steve wreaking havoc for the Sea Eagles."

Yes his brother needs to see this first hand, hope it happens for all their sakes. I heard him interviewed on Talkin Bulldogs last week and there was quite a number of callers who phoned in to say they were not Manly fans but they admired Matai. As do we.

4. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Maika would enjoy the emotionality of the MWTS Sunday hangi as well :idea:

Skivi is a complex personality, with the responsibility of 'playing for two', it would explain those awesome hits :angel::angel:

I love Matai x2 :heart:

5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Matai, together with Choc and the two Stewart boys, oops I mean guys, are Manly through and through. They may not be all juniors but they are the heart and soul of the place. All one club Sea Eagle legends. May Foz and DCE follow in their footsteps.

6. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    love articles like this, shows everybody has a story other than the tough guys they portray on the footy field.

respect Matai

7. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    Here ,here but gotta throw Kingy and Ballin in there as well. Matt Ballin has been a rock for us since 2008. 40 - 50 tackles every game every week. Enormously underrated player. Unfortunate that King's last couple of years have been injury plagued otherwise injury free he would have provided so much more go forward for us. I would imagine Lyon and Kite would have wanted to start and finish their careers at Manly as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +645 / 6
    if it all comes together than more than likely the footy show will do something on it. it may be the first time in years i watch the show!

9. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    Hope you have a big game for your brother Stevie. The media paints this guy as a thug which is such an unfair judgement. Great player. Great bloke. The opposition is just too soft for him. Love the Matai.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    I remember watching him debut for Manly, I was watching on TV at the Boatrowers Hotel, Stockton. Can't remember anything about the game - who it was against or if we won - but I remember thinking he showed great promise. Raw, but a goer.

I have similar feelings lately when watching Hiku, though of course they are different styles of player.

11. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102

It was 2005, (pretty sure it was round 2) against the Storm at Brookie. We won, though I can't remember the score. I remember Daniel Heckenberg scored the first try though lol.
    I remember thinking that day how similar Steve looked to the Newcastle player George Carmont. So glad he didn't turn out as **** as him though.

12. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,782 / 58
    Well, the MWTS group are going over, maybe they should take him along!

13. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,782 / 58
    Gee sorry guys, didn't mean to scare y'all!

14. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
  15. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Maika would present no problems in the Corporate area - queue Penns - as I am sure that Disabled People have attended at Mt Smart before.
    (The articles from 2011 and this one do not say if he is bedridden or wheelchair bound.)

Matai himself would be challenged in the MWTS area, as we will have slaughtered, cooked and devoured a mammal pre game :p

Hope that the Maori Kiddies will have some quality time with their Families, as they are flying out Friday.:angel:

• Like Like x 1