Matai vs Graham: please explain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Found this old article that says that Matai was not permitted to claim test matches as part of his suspension. Why is Graham allowed to count test matches? He shouldn't be permitted to return until round 11.

Manly's Matai cops seven-week suspension
18:15 AEST Tue Sep 7 2010

In a double blow to the Kiwi enforcer, he will also miss New Zealand's Four Nations campaign, following his late hit on Canterbury hooker Michael Ennis in Manly's shock 30-24 defeat to the Bulldogs at Brookvale on Sunday.

With New Zealand now unable to select the 26-year-old as part of their squad, he will not be eligible to use the Four Nations as part of his suspension.

He is now likely to miss the opening five games of next season plus two official trial matches.

In a further dent to injury-hit Manly's semi-final hopes ahead of Sunday's clash with minor premiers St George Illawarra at Kogarah, co-captain Jason King is also out, after pleading guilty to a high tackle charge.

King was sanctioned for his tackle on Bulldogs captain Andrew Ryan early in the second half on Sunday.

© AAP 2010

I think he actually needs to apply to have the tests counted.

It not a fait accompli.

From SMH

In a marathon judiciary hearing, Graham was adamant he did not bite Slater. But the judiciary panel took less than 10 minutes of deliberating to find the Englishman guilty. Graham will be suspended for two upcoming Test matches, two trial matches next season and eight NRL matches.

silvertail said:
From SMH

In a marathon judiciary hearing, Graham was adamant he did not bite Slater. But the judiciary panel took less than 10 minutes of deliberating to find the Englishman guilty. Graham will be suspended for two upcoming Test matches, two trial matches next season and eight NRL matches.

It should have been 12 NRL matches as it happened in the NRL. Counting trials are a joke too as they really mean nothing. They are just practice games to try combinations and different players so half the time most regular players are only on the field for short periods of the game if at all.

MWSE said:
England named Hannibal as part of their squad prior to him being found guilty.

This is why. When Matai was suspended he hadn't been named in the NZ squad yet. England's squad was named after the GF. I still think this is dodgy and agree with Jethro.

It is to prevent the dogs having to play additional trial matches to count against the suspension. I am sure they are still trying to work a way around alleviating such a looooong suspension. Had to laugh at the dogs suggestion at the inquiry that he only get suspended for 3 games.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6