1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matai update anyone??

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by blitzkrieg, Aug 3, 2010.

1. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I know its a well worn topic but is there any news? We heard extensions and deadlines etc but all of these have past and was wondering what the word around the team was?  :-\ ???

Thanks.

2. Innes

Innes Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just posted this in the rumour section, apparently the Warriors have removed their offer. This is from the LU website:

"FYI - We've withdrawn our offer to Steve. They haven't even bothered giving us an answer and the deadline has now passed.

Time waster of the highest order."
    He reckons from a good source, will have to see.

3. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Sounds good for us than, surely the bait of going "home" was the only real threat to staying with us.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mate like i said the longest  contract negotiations  in the history of player managers.. this week the headlines will read warriors give matai ultimatum..

5. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I thought you meant his "injury"..haha!He'll be OK for Sat night,and after 10 mins will get the obligatory shoulder/neck injury,giving the fux commentators a reason for more Matai puns!

6. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Yeah, they laid it on heavy last night. "Ït wouldn't be a game if Matai didn't go down for something" etc etc

7. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    he hasnt been injured in the games we have been winning has he?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah he was injured against tigers & sharks also.. but played on ,,

9. Innes

Innes Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Warriors have withdrawn offer. Do not know how to post articles.

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/warriors-withdraw-matai-offer-3683518

10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,147 / 291
    Good stuff. With Brett Stewart, Robertson, D Williams, Cherry-Evans, Foran, Lyon & Matai our backline is set for 2011.

01. Brett Stewart
    02. Michael Robertson
    03. Steve Matai
    04. Jamie Lyon
    05. David Williams
    06. Keiran Foran
    07. Daly Cherry-Evans

we are faster, more skillful, and hopefully have a group of players that actually want to be here (like Matai).

Getting the forwards to be more mobile, more well balanced and fitter is the key though. Using Farrar instead of Bailey as the utility is another step up as well. I've said a number of times, Farrar could be a player that has impact like Gidley did off the bench for NSW.

**** we could have done with Tasi / Weara-Hargraves, but I guess with The Roosters having Storms old "recruitment manager", one would expect those guys to be able to pick up anything that moves....much like Storms recruitment used to have the ability to do.

I love how Choc was linked to them the year before last. Remember that guys !

11. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Does anyone else see Matai pushing up to the backrow eventually and then bring Whare into the same side?

12. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I don't Ant, he is too valuable doing what he is doing for us now

I think we are more likely to see Lyon moving to open up Whare's spot than Matai

Great news this, I would have been gutted if he had gone. Not 100% yet that it is us, but from all reports it is 98% us that will sign him.

Apparently the Warriors are unimpressed they didn't even get a courtesy call from his manager, they didn't officially withdraw the offer until today as courtesy to Matai preparing for last nights game