Matai toughness in one moment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
He has his detractors, myself included, but you can't question his toughness or commitment.  Around the 60th minute where he was put in the clear, you could just sense the tackle he'd cop would jar his neck/shoulder.  It seems he gets that stinger whenever he is run down from behind.

But he didn't look to palm the ball off or protect himself (or kick ahead).  He pinned his ears back to maximise yardage, took the hit and the pain.  Brave.

I don't know why he doesn't try that thing Tate wears.

i agree he is tough,he looks down and out then miraculously bounces back,i don't know if u were aware but there was an article in the manly daily maybe 2 months back about matai and how he is looking into the neck brace that tate wears to prolong his career,i guess hes in the motions of it atm to see if its suitable for him,he has even spoken to tate personally about it.

Matai has been playing really well this year. I can't believe NZ didn't pick him for the last Test - crazy!

The rest of the players consider mattai soft as he always feigns injury every time he makes a tackle.  He seems to be injured every game yet funny enough he always plays the next week.

The truth be known he is always hungover for each match.

Valuable player thats required for our premiership defence.

Once the origin period is over and we have Killer back. I think Dessie should rest Steve for a few weeks.

We have Wolfman, Farrer, T-Rex, even Suniala is also a sound and smart player.

Yeah you can't fault Mata he is tough that's for sure i personally don't know how he keeps going the way he does like Robbo a real club man.

Go Matai and go Manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7