Matai to sign contract extension?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mozgrame said:
Well it's on twitter....it MUST be true!! YAAAYYYYY!!!!!

Twitter has more credibility than the Daily Telegraph and Matthew Johns combined. I know that's not saying much.

Believe any of this when I actually see it. Of course that wouldn't be trumpeted by the bad news brigade would it.

Get a contract and a pen to Brookie on Sunday STAT. We can sign him up as he leaves the field from his 200th game basking in the glory of a capacity crowd chanting his name.

This would be awesome news if true. That'd give us another year or 3 to sort out replacements for him and Killer. I think our young guys will need that time.

Snake was confirmed as going to the Dogs yesterday by the Talking Sport Sniggerers :huh:

So long as everybody is present and enthused on the 5th, October - I'll go back to my gelato :)

master blaster said:
well I hope its not true,but if it is,I guess Id rather the raiders over the dogs,but I hope he is wrong about this one

Absolutely. I could still cheer him on at the Raiders. I'd be physically ill if he went to the Dawgs...

Didn't the Warriors withdraw their illegal offer for Matai ? Have we given Brett permission to shop around or are these illegal offers from the Dogs and Raiders. Haven't we already said we aren't releasing anyone for next year ?As far as I know all we've said is Choc can shop around for a 2016 offer. The rest is just garbage but if true then what is Greensnot doing about this apparent illegal practice? Too busy knob polishing himself to the media about his future directions BS.

Heard Perry on BSB when the Matai release request was doing the rounds. He said Matai had asked for a release to take up a very big offer from the Warriors, Manly said they really wanted to hang on to him, so denied the request but immediately opened negotiations to upgrade and extend his contract. It came across as Matai and his management were happy enough with that. With all that's going on, I've never heard Matai or his management say anything against the club about denying his request. Maybe some other players could follow his example.

mosto said:
Heard Perry on BSB when the Matai release request was doing the rounds. He said Matai had asked for a release to take up a very big offer from the Warriors, Manly said they really wanted to hang on to him, so denied the request but immediately opened negotiations to upgrade and extend his contract. It came across as Matai and his management were happy enough with that. With all that's going on, I've never heard Matai or his management say anything against the club about denying his request. Maybe some other players could follow his example.

A good way to open any negotiation is to start at one extreme side (ie I'm leaving for massive cash) and then have plenty of bargain power and room to move.
He plays hard and he negotiated hard.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6