MATAI to retire.......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Leaves a big hole in the backline unless Stewart recovers sufficiently and Tom T. can play centre. But like others state, its a sad day to lose Matai, a top centre and nice guy in the Manly side.

He'll be missed but I think retirement is probably the best option if there is such uncertainty regarding the recovery. He's got decades of life to look forward to and he wouldnt want to be disabled because he stayed in the game too long. Best wishes Steve.

I'm actually really glad he's retiring. Love him so much that I'd hate for that neck to be tested any further.
Anyone remember who got him to the club? I imagine it was Crusher.
Love ya Stevie and make the most of your life!

A sad day. My heart has just sank. Matai is an absolute champion and a Manly legend and the team will not be the same without him.

Hopefully Manly will give him a Brookie farewell next season which he deserves.

@:cry:@:cry:@:cry:@:cry: I feel like a part of my heart has just been ripped out, Lyon first now Matai :h: I thank them for everything they've done, they truly are manly legends and I'll dearly miss em both @:cry:

A genuine rugby league hard man who wasn't a d&@khead pretty rare combo these days.

I'll really miss his "presence" on the field.

thanks for being a player every Manly fan enjoys supporting. I know we Support most players but we don't necessarily enjoy it. With Steve there is no question.

Steve is one of the greatest clubman & toughest players to ever play the game .. He put the fear of god in to all opponents.. They were all looking for him.. No **** wanted a rampaging stevie matai . Ive said it before we will never see the likes of him again.. He didnt give a fuk who you were or how big your reputation was he belted the **** out of the lot of them .. If your a manly fan you love steve matai .. Wat a player! All heart.... Im pleased for him to retire he has nothing more to prove he has given it absolutely everything i for one hope he has a great life with his young family .. Champion..

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6