Matai technique fine: Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
DALY Cherry-Evans is hoping his appointment as Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles captain will help the team out of its form slump.

Always prominent: Daly Cherry-Evans puts boot to ball against Easts last month.

Brett Wortman
The defending premiers have a 2-6 win-loss record after the opening two months of the Queensland Cup and are languishing in second-last spot.
Last weekend's two-point loss to ladder leaders Norths, after trailing 0-28, shows the team is on the cusp of a breakthrough victory after four straight losses.
Cherry-Evans is signed to Manly but plays with the Sunshine Coast under the clubs' “feeder” agreement.
He assumed the captaincy from fullback Dennis Sandow last weekend and hopes his new role will help him play a more influential role in the team.
“I've only had one game as captain and not too much changed from my game,” he said. “I just want to lead the boys a bit more and voice my opinion a bit more.
“I did it a bit through my juniors but since coming down to Sydney I haven't had the chance. It's definitely something I enjoy.”
Sunshine Coast trailed Norths 0-28 early in the second half before mounting a spirited comeback.
A late Sandow missed penalty goal meant the team walked away without any points but the performance showed the Sea Eagles' are more than capable.
“To come back and snatch it would have been a great win, but it just didn't work out for us,” Cherry-Evans said. “It just goes to show when we play our best footy we're hard to beat.
“We're eager to play again after such a devastating loss. We're keen to get on the paddock and let our actions do the talking.”
Prop Phil Morwood returns for the Sea Eagles after missing the Norths game with a neck injury, and Caloundra product Jason Wardrop has retained his place on the bench after an impressive debut.
“We've got a few inexperienced players that are going really well,” Cherry-Evans said.
“Joel McCrae and Jason Wardrop played well off the bench. Their impact got us going forward and they didn't look out of place.
“We need to address our starts to the game. We can't let teams get such a big jump on us. If we can weather the storm better, we have the ability to attack them.”
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/05/15/nrl-sea-eagles-skipper-plans-to-lead-the-way/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4