Matai Tackle Footage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MadEagle said:
Has anybody read the Sunday Telegraph article where Perret states that after Matai's hit he could:

"... just remember the game in patches".

and follows up by stating that:

"I have a sore jaw, so I am guessing he got me somewhere there. I don't remember the impact, just bits and pieces of the game. I had to play on auto-pilot."

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manlys-steve-matai-is-poised-to-front-the-nrl-judiciary-again/story-e6frexnr-1226468087909

Seems to me like someone is trying to make sure that there is no chance of having to face Matai in another finals game this year. Personally I see such comments as being unnecessary and poor sportsmanship. The incident should just be left on the field and dealt with by the judiciary. There is no need for commentators or players to add fuel to the fire.

Hardly surprising coming from a ****ing dog. Dog by name dog by nature. Pathetic pissweak club.

bones said:
We just saw a defence for Matai. Gallen was hit high in a very similar tackle to Matai's and the video referee deemed penalty sufficient. The Raiders player was not put on report.

Beat me to it Mick. The inconsistency is bull**** but may work in our favour this time.

I thought the same thing at the time. But the ironic thing is the fact that it wasnt put on report deems it will not be relevant.

In the Pappali matter the fault lies with the refs decision on the field while what happens with the Matai incident will be solely a MRC/Judiciary issue. Once it gets to the MRC/Judiciary it loses ability to be compared.

I think the Papali tackle was more comparable to Kings

The one Smith has just done was more along Matais line

This lying down as soon as anything gets remotely high irritates the sh*t out of me.

Go play netball ya sooks.

Kiwi Eagle said:
The one Smith has just done was more along Matais line

notice they said virtually nothing about that shot whereas with matai they kept on about it.
what a bunch of ar$ewipes:mad:

I'm with you komori, staying down after being hit high is a weak act, sure if you've been hit high
And you're pissin out blood then obviously stay down, but a love tap to the face to a bloke that is 110 kg and stays down is just weak !

Reynolds is a serial offender.

Should be interesting, Jeremy Smith just dished out the same exact tackle as Matai. Put on report and the commentators said penalty sufficient.

Well Nine news up here in Qld said the following when reporting the weekend footy results. (paraphrased)

"the Cowboys won against the Broncos blah blah blah, and their chances this year have increased as they come up againt an injury & suspension depleted Manly this Friday"

Really? We are suspension depleted?

danny-boy said:
Should be interesting, Jeremy Smith just dished out the same exact tackle as Matai. Put on report and the commentators said penalty sufficient.

Plus Matai's was against a player that was running fast & suddenly switched direction. The Smith one was against a player that had already stopped moving. Any footballer will tell you which was the worse & avoidable tackle compared to what was an accidental arm in a split moment.

Jatz Crackers said:
Well Nine news up here in Qld said the following when reporting the weekend footy results. (paraphrased)

"the Cowboys won against the Broncos blah blah blah, and their chances this year have increased as they come up againt an injury & suspension depleted Manly this Friday"

Yeah saw that and the 9 news has now jumped on the Cows bandwagon claiming them as their team now. What a bunch of ****ing sooks. Their precious donkeys are out so they start claiming the Cows as Qld's team now, just pathetic.

It is not really relevant that Archer ruled a penalty is sufficient.If the video review boys look at it and dont like it they can cite him.You dont have to go on report to be cited.It only becomes relevant if he is not cited.

I actually think Matai might get off. The swinging arm was deflected of Peretts arm. King is the one who is in trouble. He got him flush.

I'm of the belief that they won't suspend them both and that kings is worse. He may miss another GF if we make it.

I can do with missing Princess. Matai is another thing altogether. He stiffens the backline, makes hits and can attack with venom. All he has to do is pass the ball..

mickqld said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Yeah saw that and the 9 news has now jumped on the Cows bandwagon claiming them as their team now. What a bunch of f**king sooks. Their precious donkeys are out so they start claiming the Cows as Qld's team now, just pathetic.
This from todays Courier Mail...."They are the only Queensland team left now so I hope they can go and win it," Thaiday said.

Now one step closer to a premiership, the Cowboys face a sudden-death showdown with premiers Manly on Friday night at the SFS.

But after dominating the illustrious Broncos pack, 113kg man mountain Tamou says the Sea Eagles forwards hold no fear for a Cowboys side that believes it can go all the way.".....Keep talking yourselves up boys...

The "illustrious broncos pack" who have lost 8 of their last 9 games.I wonder if Hook Griffin called them illustrious in his half time speech.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4