Matai "shoulder charge"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just wondering if the boof headed video ref gets censured for such a blunder?? seriously that was a dreadful decision to put that tackle from Skiv on report!

Best legal hit of the year ! And they thought banning the shoulder charge would stop public enemy No1, not likely :)

Did anyone else notice Toovey's sly tongue-in-cheek comment at the press conference about expecting to get an apology from the video ref sometime on Monday.

master blaster said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
With Manly loading , 3 weeks, effectively taking him out for the all important last game and first two finals.

It's just how it swings , we can't expect anything better from the National Rabbitohs League
I see Issac is challenging his charge so he can play thursday night,he will probably get off,Crowe will probably go in with him to the judiciary

There's never enough signed copies of the gladiator going around

It was close to the hit of the year. How it ever got put on report for a shoulder charge is beyond me.

Stevie Wonder could have seen that hit coming. Skivy lined him up from over 5m away and Watene-Zelezniak ran straight into him as if he didn't even know he was there. Hell, Skivy basically turned, saw him coming and stood there waiting before nailing him with one of the best shots I've ever seen.

Actually Zelezniak might have seen him. The sight of The Hitman might have been enough to make him panic and throw the forward pass.

Igor would have been proud of that tackle. There's nothing better than seeing your opponent sat on his arse.

I thought it was touch and go. Thought he was in the very early stages of wrapping his arms as contact was made, but only just, making it 'look' like a shoulder charge. TBH I thought he would be charged and miss a week, so surprised he has no case to answer. Having said that, if I thought that was 50/50, Moylan's hit on Stewart was an out and out shoulder charge.

I was initially in favour of the shoulder charge rule, but it has gone way too far. It should be changed that it's only an offence when contact is made with the head, as I don't believe it was brought in to ban hits like Matai's, or even Moylan's for that matter.

On the matter of 'on report', given we have the MRC which reviews every minute of every game anyway, it is meaningless. If an offence warrants more than a penalty, put the player(s) in the bin, even a 5 min sin bin. If it doesn't justify that, but the ref wants to make absolutely sure the MRC looks at it, put in the match report.

and we come back to the 5 minute sin bin

It needs to come back in for serious offences like the spear tackles etc and repeat offenders (in one game)

It is time

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7