Matai "shoulder charge"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
With Manly loading , 3 weeks, effectively taking him out for the all important last game and first two finals.

It's just how it swings , we can't expect anything better from the National Rabbitohs League
I see Issac is challenging his charge so he can play thursday night,he will probably get off,Crowe will probably go in with him to the judiciary

Ahhh i cant wait for that moment in the semi's when Souths think they are going to finally do it (make a grand final) and then something happens - Burgess pulls a hammy, Inglis does his knee, Reynolds plays terrible etc and then they buckle under the pressure and lose. Then the camera pans to the supporters crying in disbelief.

Have faith people, it will happen again this year!

Lord Eagleton said:
Ahhh i cant wait for that moment in the semi's when Souths think they are going to finally do it (make a grand final) and then something happens - Burgess pulls a hammy, Inglis does his knee, Reynolds plays terrible etc and then they buckle under the pressure and lose. Then the camera pans to the supporters crying in disbelief.

My dream is that we play them in the qualifying final. In the 5th minute S Burgess tries to chicken wing DCE but grabs Adam Reynolds' arm by accident. Burgess gets sent off and Reynolds misses the rest of the match. Manly win 50 nil.

Clint said:
So the tin foil hats get put away for another week.

Yeah sometimes it really does seem as if a Manly loading exists. Of course it doesn't but most other fans (even Souffs and Scum!) also think their team is treated unfairly.

I wish the actual charges and gradings were clearer so we could understand the MRC decisions, otherwise it's hard to avoid the conspiracy theories with some of the seeminngly inconsistent charges.

Lord Eagleton said:

Please let this happen :) :)
Last year I was out in the members @ ANZ had bunnies supporters all around us and after we scored our final try it was priceless there reactions.

Also that night walked passed rusty and albo right after they left there corporate box- all the manly fans including myself was reminding them who won.

Oh how to knock out souths again would be priceless!!

globaleagle said:
seems the refs are throwing out 'on reports' against Manly players all over the place.

Finals time anyone?

This, yes, GE.

But there's a fair bit heading other teams' way too ( "crushers", shoulder-charges, high-shots etc)

Anything remotely punishable or in doubt they all panic and put it on report "just in case".

It's the same philosophy that now sees 7 or 8 tries out of every 10 sent upstairs for vidiot-review.

They have zero confidence in their judgements now; and that is also because there's 2 of em on the field these days, tryin' to clarify and agree on things (and getting too many WRONG).

In the old says "on report" meant you were definitely going to front the judiciary. These days, there are so many incidents put on report" that result in no charge and incidents which are not "on report" resulting in charges that "on report" has lost its original meaning.

"On report" is now simply used to allow video refs to interject, and to allow refs to give teams a free interchange, as and when they see fit. More often than not, it happens as a result of a solid legal hit.

Somebody should remind them what "on report" was originally intended to mean.

master blaster said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
With Manly loading , 3 weeks, effectively taking him out for the all important last game and first two finals.

It's just how it swings , we can't expect anything better from the National Rabbitohs League
I see Issac is challenging his charge so he can play thursday night,he will probably get off,Crowe will probably go in with him to the judiciary

Probably will get off if those clowns on the Roast are listened to. Gilbert and co claiming he was kicking out as self defence in a crusher tackle, and probably couldn't breathe.

Stevo said:
I was a shoulder charge.

He tucked his arm into his side at point of impact. That's a shoulder charge.

No arm was tucked at his side, is left arm was down and around his right arm was around. The left arm was closest to being tucked but the impact was on Steves right hand side.

The reason it looked like a shoulder charge was that the player bounced so far back and so quickly that he was unable to actually grab him.

The game is getting terrible if you can't even do a quality hard hit like that.

The worst part is that that was called by the video ref and based on one angle

The clown in box is obviously blind if he couldn't see that not even a penalty let alone a reportable offence

Brookie Brawler said:
No charge for Skivvy. Guess that answers my questions!

Anyone seen the NRL apology yet?

If Matai does exactly the same thing v Cows will he and Manly be again penalised instead of getting a scrum feed?

Will the referees note the MRC cleared Matai & not repeat THEIR mistake next round?

Silence..................

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8