Matai injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
KOMORI said:
Bout 4 mins or so in..

Cheers mate.

I was freshening up a drink and settling in...

I want to see it (and what is said or not) for myself.

I won't be watching the whole game...We know what went wrong.

EDIT: I just watched it back and it's as blatant a chicken-wing as you'd get.

George Burgess after the tackle's complete, reefs Skivy's arm back as far as he can!

The commentators are too busy rambling on with their usual self-imposed expertise to notice the tackle was far worse than just ''the usual burner Matai gets in his crook shoulder".

They even show a replay!

I really hope we haven't heard the last on this folks.

We were outplayed for much of this match so I'm not too disappointed.

Except for that Matai chicken-wing tackle. Will not be happy if there are no suspensions dished out for that.

Hope that injury is not as bad as it looked.

I was at the match, so missed it.

Clear and deliberate chicken wing, Isaak Luke should be suspended for the rest of the season.

Coach Macguire has past form. Remember last year when the South's forward tried to wrench Watmough's injured leg off.

It was George Burgess doing the arm-pulling though.

Luke was in the tackle.
Burgess was the main culprit.

I'm sure none of us will be surprised when nothing is done about it too.

Scanned the Herald's coverage this morning and found NO mention of the chicken wing tackle (although unsurprisingly it did mention Josh Starling could be in trouble for a crusher).
Maybe Grub Reynolds' brain explosions in the other game will get all the attention.

[attachment=846]
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/geoff-toovey-raises-concerns-with-south-sydney-wrestling-tactics-as-manly-sea-eagles-blown-away/story-fni3gnk1-1227018634324
Geoff Toovey raises concerns with South Sydney wrestling tactics as Manly Sea Eagles blown away
JOSH MASSOUD THE DAILY TELEGRAPH AUGUST 09, 2014

SEA Eagles coach Geoff Toovey on Friday night accused South Sydney of wrestling their way to victory, a tactic that also appears to have claimed centre Steve Matai.

The tough Kiwi was forced-off with a shoulder injury in just the sixth minute after he succumbed under the weight of tackle from Rabbitohs forwards George Burgess and Issac Luke.

Replays suggested Burgess might have been guilty of a chicken wing manouvre that left Matai struggling to flex his right shoulder as he left the field.

While that tackle was not put on report, Manly prop Josh Starling could face punishment after he was reported for a crusher tackle on Rabbitohs livewire Luke Keary in the second half.

Toovey was tight-lipped about the Matai incident afterwards, but said enough to let suspicions linger.

When asked whether Matai felt he was the victim of foul play, Toovey said: “I believe so, yes”.

Of the ruck generally, he felt Souths were able to get away with slowing down his pacey pack, which rely on high leg speed from smaller forwards like Anthony Watmough and Jamie Buhrer.

“I thought they just wrestled the crap out of us in the first half and slowed the game right down,” he said.

“Losing Steve Matai early didn’t help us either. They are a big side and I’m just concerned about the way they slowed us down.”

Under such relentless pressure, Manly fell into uncharacteristic error as Daly Cherry-Evans fired a pass into the head of Justin Horo, while Brett Stewart frittered away two promising raids with poor passes in the first half.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
^ Picture pretty much says it all.

GB is deliberately pulling the arm backwards = Chicken Wing 101 :mad:
Luke kneeing Matai in the head, as he is screaming from the ripping out of his arm, should also be a charge :exclamation:

2011, the Perth Game - Choc had his body caught and was charged with a Grade 2 Chicken wing :cool:

Ron E. Gibbs said:
^ Picture pretty much says it all.
NRL can't have it both ways. The 'No Punch' rule is fine if and only if the officials are going to stamp crap like this (and crap like Reynolds's disgusting antics in Brisbane) out of the game.

Has to be worth at least a couple of weeks.

When I saw it I thought immediately - chicken wing.

Nothing I have seen after has changed my mind.

I wonder if the No Real Leadership will do anything? I suppose not as it was a Manly player hurt not a South Sydney player.

Watch this space nothing will happen - Manly factor AGAIN! :mad:

Not too concerned about the loss but the Souths game plan of taking out a vital player is disgusting and not in the spirit of the game.
As mentioned they did it to Watmough previously and now to Stevie.
It would have been planned as they know how vital Matai is to our attack and they made sure it happened early in the game.
It's downright cheating. Souths are vermin.

"Replays suggest Burgess MIGHT have been guilty of a chicken-wing...". ??

Replays (and even that pic) PROVE he was guilty of a chicken-wing!

What else was he doing??
Not trying to help Skivi up is he!

And don't think it's random, or a coincidence...

They know very well Skivi plays with crook shoulders, and the first chance they got, 5 minutes in, they did as I'm sure they were instructed.

Farkin' Vermin .

Remember the Raiders in 1991 smearing Toovey's eyes with some sort of deep heat or something to get him out of a semi final. Cliffy & Iro nearly got us home.

Is it any surprise when their grub coach was schooled under the chief cheat of the game Martina. It was a typical grub act from a team that can't win unless they're allowed to bend the rules by pissweak refs. They are s..t and always have been. Did anyone see that loser with the Souths flag with 2012 & 2013 crossed out & 2014 premiers on it. They're just a sad excuse for a club with a bunch of moron supporters that are living in la la land.

RiverEagle said:
"Replays suggest Burgess MIGHT have been guilty of a chicken-wing...". ??

Replays (and even that pic) PROVE he was guilty of a chicken-wing!

What else was he doing??
Not trying to help Skivi up is he!

And don't think it's random, or a coincidence...

They know very well Skivi plays with crook shoulders, and the first chance they got, 5 minutes in, they did as I'm sure they were instructed.

Farkin' Vermin .
there has always been bad blood between the burgess bro,s and skivvy,this hasnt done anything to try and heal the rift,just makes it wider

Was this a square up for when Skivvy smashed this piece of vermin at Brooky last year?

This guy has to do significant time, its a clear chicken wing.

The vermin do resemble the drizzle, wrestling, grappling and slowing the game down.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2