MATAI INJURY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mr seagles

Reserve Grader
Does anyone know how many weeks matai is out for...he was taken to hospital saturday night in lots of pain and suspected shoulder injury...and KING failed fitness test to play for city whats his problem its a joke may as well put NSW cup side on now??????

bennyeagle said:
Kings busted a heartlidge, matai i hope is ok, only one with some go forward these days !

There's nothing wrong with Kings heart, he had played 200 1st grade games in the toughest position on the field.

Mals said:
bennyeagle said:
Kings busted a heartlidge, matai i hope is ok, only one with some go forward these days !

There's nothing wrong with Kings heart, he had played 200 1st grade games in the toughest position on the field.

Deffinately nothing wrong with his heart mate, big loss if es out, that's all we need right now !

Are people really that blind? I cringe everytime king has the ball, he is hollow gets put on his ass by halfbacks then knocks balls on with no one near him. I would take chris bailey back over king. Time for watmough or foran to take the co captaincy next to lyon.

How many games of first grade have you played effnic? You r hollow and have no friggin right bagging a player that has played 200 games. You call yourself a supporter bloody keyboard hero!

Hahahhahaha breathe precious. If i had the photos jason king has i would probably make 200 games aswell.

effnic said:
Are people really that blind? I cringe everytime king has the ball, he is hollow gets put on his ass by halfbacks then knocks balls on with no one near him. I would take chris bailey back over king. Time for watmough or foran to take the co captaincy next to lyon.

Hahahahaha.. i would have Chad Randall back before bailey lmfao....
Kingy has his days but i dont mind him, he has earned his stripes with us, our pack with him in it was rated in the top 2 for yrs & probably will be again this season once we get our full compliment back.

effnic said:

What do you think when Kite, Lussick and Mauro have the ball??

Just curious.

I'm sitting on the fence with regards to Princess. He's had three very good games this year and three very ordinary ones. Maybe he's trying to hard. Hopefully with the 200 games under his belt he'll get his act together and push through the line rather than get thrown back. We need some impact as Matai seems to be the only player pushing through the line. Everyone else seems to be laterally running and passing to a standing player. Very annoying.

Can you elaborate DSM5 on which games fit into which category? I think King has had 3 very good games, two solid ones and one shocker against the Titans. His output as been far more consistent than previous years and what should be accepted as a minimum from a decent prop.

The key to our success in recent years has been shared workload in the forwards. We rarely have a forward make over 150ms and often the whole lot (incl bench) range in the 70 to 130 range. Many other teams rely on one or two to do most of the work.

The injuries and suspensions have played havoc his year but King and Watmough have been going ok up until last Sat.

Somewhat agree Bradza, although I thought our forwards where owned by the sharks...not apportioning blame to any particular player, they've all had their moments...I do understand our injury dilemma but it doesn't excuse our lack of enthusiasm, particularly last weeks game.

Bradza, I'll concede with Princess, Sharks and Parra games were reasonably OK, Tits was poor. The other three were good. Mind you, Kite is in the same basket, or perhaps a little more annoying, as he passes to readily for mine. All I want is for the front and second rowers is to get the ball, hang onto it and run at gaps. To many times K & K are running into players and being held up and bounced back. They seem to have lost the knack of pressing their respective noses through the line. Kite attempts to press his arse through, and that's plainly not working. Matai presses through the line on nearly every run. If he's out we'll struggle in the attacking plays.

I am somewhat mystified by our entire forward pack at the moment, in some games they have had some purely inspirational moments and other some just terrible ones.

I'd really like to see us get a fair crack at a decent couple of games with decent turnarounds and would love to see the full squad on the field.

It may be late in the season but I have penciled in round 15 as being important for us. Coming off the bye and hopefully with more troops on deck. However sadly if we haven't had a somewhat decent form turnaround by then, it may be too late.

As for Matai's injury he looked genuinely in a hell of a lot of pain and the way he hit would have had similar impact to a crusher tackle or even some level of whiplash

Let's recognise Kingy as a champion player of the game for deeds done in years past (200 games, fantastic achievement), but he's not a City rep quality player atm imo.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Let's recognise Kingy as a champion player of the game for deeds done in years past (200 games, fantastic achievement), but he's not a City rep quality player atm imo.

Agreed. He seems to go quiet in the games he plays in Origin too. I would love to see him step up in the City team and have a huge game

Daniel said:
Crusher_Cleal said:

Agreed. He seems to go quiet in the games he plays in Origin too. I would love to see him step up in the City team and have a huge game

Correct me if I'm wrong Daniel but I think he's ruled out through injury.

Meanwhile the Sea Eagles are unsure whether centre Steve Matai will miss any games after he suffered the recurrence of nerve damage to his neck during Saturday’s loss to the Titans.

The star back was taken by ambulance from Brookvale Oval to hospital as a precaution.

Matai has been examined by club doctor Paul Bloomfield and the injury is believed not to be as serious as originally feared.

Matai was hurt after a late and high shot to the back of the head from Gold Coast back-rower Nate Myles which brought no action from officials.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/lussick-to-miss-bulldogs-showdown/

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8