Matai Injury update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Does anyone have feedback on Matai's ability to return next season? I have had a couple of contacts saying he has had setbacks to his recovery in the last few days & weeks and that there is questions over his ability to return to football. Hope this is not true, would like to have his strength on one side of the field.

The last story I read said he wouldn't know for sure if he could continue to play for about 6 months after the op.

So a bit early to know for sure at this point, just keep your fingers crossed for Stevie.

Does anyone have feedback on Matai's ability to return next season? I have had a couple of contacts saying he has had setbacks to his recovery in the last few days & weeks and that there is questions over his ability to return to football. Hope this is not true, would like to have his strength on one side of the field.
If you have contacts then you are way ahead of most of us silvertails! What do the contacts advise?

Realistically we probably aren't going to have a chance at the premiership next season; the hope is that we will improve and make the 8 and if the stars align then top 4 at a stretch, but this season didn't leave me thinking we are building for a premiership any time soon.

Therefore I hope Matai goes around again next season because his experience and understanding of the game can only help the younger players that just might be around when we actually do challenge for a title in the coming years.

So even if his body is cactus, I think his brain is an important piece of the puzzle moving forward and that's why I think he should play on.

So even if his body is cactus, I think his brain is an important piece of the puzzle moving forward and that's why I think he should play on.

The thing is, Steve has a whole life ahead of him post-football that he needs to think about.

With his chronic injuries being neck, spine and nerve-related, I for one don't care what his experience and footy brain can do for the team - if there's any possibility that he will worsen his chronic injuries and impact his future quality of life, he should be handsomely rewarded for what he's done for the club and allowed to retire.

It's a weird spot we're in here, have Skivy risk having a major injury by playing him on or letting him sit back and retire for money, for me HE deserves to pick not us so only time will tell.

Think he's going to be a part of the club for a long time to come, he may well end up joining the staff

Guess this is where the NRL need to step in and offset salary caps for players who can stay at a club for more than 8 years. Realistically how many players achieve more than 5 years? My info says that the rehab has stalled and he's is getting stiffness in the neck region. Agree whole heartedly that he should be the one that chooses when but at same time if unlikely we need time to get a "suitable" replacement for next season. This is where it is a hard call. If not player he should be in the training staff. As there is there are not if any quality left.

You can bet your sweet bippy greenturd and his gang faceless nothings will do bugger all favours our way salary cap wise whatever skivvy decides to do.
And Steve should be able to choose to go out his way.
But @yokahontas is spot on . Those types of injuries need careful consideration.

Rest easy @yokahontas The only person making the decision will be Matai's surgeon. No club, the NRL or insurance company will let him get within 100m of a footy field without a full medical clearance.

You can bet your sweet bippy greenturd and his gang faceless nothings will do bugger all favours our way salary cap wise whatever skivvy decides to do.
And Steve should be able to choose to go out his way.
But @yokahontas is spot on . Those types of injuries need careful consideration.

god ... you must be as old as me .... who else remembers Laugh-in

Rest easy @yokahontas The only person making the decision will be Matai's surgeon. No club, the NRL or insurance company will let him get within 100m of a footy field without a full medical clearance.

I hope that is the case, what I mean is that there shouldn't be any pressure put on him either way, from the club or anywhere else. The decision is for Steve and his family to make, based on medical advice. I have no doubt the NRL will screw the club over salary cap/payout-wise if he can't play on, I just hope nobody within the club would stoop so low as to put any pressure on him because of that.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8