Matai gone....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Listening to Zorba this morning , It sounds like he is as good as gone. Will have to take a lot less to stay with Manly by the sound of it.

Huge loss , we just can't contine to  let our best players go and just blame the cap.

If anything, I reckon Manly will be well under the cap next year for some reason.

I wonder how this is affecting Foran's decision to put pen to paper??? He sees Tasi, Matai, JWH, Perry, Hodko all pissing off.

There is something very stale, and smelly in our front office.

Seriously guys - our roster is going to look very "average" next season...

We are now relying on Farrar in the Centres.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Ben Farrar
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran (maybe)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite???
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey
15. George Rose
16. Matt Cross
17. Joe Galuvao

all another year older.

Been saying it for a couple of months now. This club is in financial crisis and nobody is talking about it. The front office actions lately are sounding out alarm bells.

We wont improve until 2012 when Bailey, Williams, Kite, Williams, Robbo, King, Cross and Galuvao are not resigned or are let go at the end of 2011.  This means an even leaner year in 2011.  

kingyfan link said:
We wont improve until 2012 when Bailey, Williams, Kite, Williams, Robbo, King, Cross and Galuvao are not resigned or are let go at the end of 2011.  This means an even leaner yar in 2011. 

You said King? You don't want him re-signed?

Ryan link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=183924.msg273152#msg273152 date=1278808600]
We wont improve until 2012 when Bailey, Williams, Kite, Williams, Robbo, King, Cross and Galuvao are not resigned or are let go at the end of 2011.  This means an even leaner yar in 2011. 

You said King? You don't want him re-signed?
[/quote]

No I would rather he be home sitting on the lounge keeping me warm on these cold winters nights than getting all sore and bruised playing.  I am sick and tired of having to ice his groin after every game. 

Saw Matai this morning in Woolworths at Warringah Mall but didn't have a chance to plead with him to stay.
It feels to me like he's gone, and I'm mighty pissed about it. He plays with heart, he's tough and skilful and we're a much better team with him than without him. I know he's not a local junior, but in this day and age he's the next best thing: played all his senior footy at Manly, developed into an international, won a premiership, etc. He's one of ours. And we're letting him go.
What really annoys me is that he apparently feels (and probably for good reason) that he was never a priority signing. No one paid him any respect, and he deserves plenty.

Sorry to let you know this. Spoke to Matai's Mate he is going back to NZ for 3yrs. He got fustrated with manly giving him less to what he is currently on.

How many have we let go?? Gulavou would be onlittle, same with cross, its all tied up in brett (injury prone) and choc (bad hands and not 2008/2009 form) There's probably 800 grand in 2 players, 1 out and 1 playing like a journeyman.

Rodney would have been cheap, Bailey is woeful, Rose not on big dollars, 

T hey really should show Bailey the door but for some reason Des sees something in him

Innes link said:
Apparently Des has been trying to offload Bailey but no one will buy him..

He will not realease Bailey but I heard on Saturday nite that he has been waiting on us but he doesnt think we will make an offer so he will sign with the Warriors on Wednesday. 

I will be devastated to Matai go... he is the only player atm playing with any heart and to see him play against the maroon and white would be tragedy. Please sign him immediately!!

Rambo1987 link said:
[quote author=Innes link=topic=183924.msg273378#msg273378 date=1278842907]
Apparently Des has been trying to offload Bailey but no one will buy him..

He will not realease Bailey but I heard on Saturday nite that he has been waiting on us but he doesnt think we will make an offer so he will sign with the Warriors on Wednesday. 
[/quote]

I can't see us not making an offer, Des wouldn't have wasted his time asking for an extension if no offer would be on the table

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Red Sea Eagle link=topic=183924.msg272733#msg272733 date=1278728486]
Its a tough one, if we could keep Matai for anoth year would be ideal, but I think we need a few younger players to spark a bit more desire for another Premiership. Love Matai though, he provides a spark both in attack and defence.
But Matai's only 25, not exactly ready to be put out to pasture.
[/quote]

I think he's gonna be one of those players who become less effective with age, with all his injuries etc. Also not the fastest Centre in the world. I do love him as a player though. I remember running into Fatty the day after Matais debut, we both thought he was an excellent player, we haven't been wrong so far.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6