Matai gone....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MPC link said:
Devastated if true. To loose an international standard player hurts bad. Matai adds mongrel and is one of the best dummy half runners in the comp.

Did we win any games whilst he was suspended? I know that we looked crape out wide when he was out.

How the hell has Melbourne not offloaded any of the stars yet, but we have them walking out the door. It's starting to really pee me off.

That's not very true supporter like. Calling our backline "crape". You sir are a disgrace to call yourself a fan.

Oh no, the true supporter debate again ::)

I didn't find anything too critical in his post at all. Some of us ARE precious! Expecting another expletive-laden response...

Volley link said:
[quote author=MPC link=topic=183924.msg272696#msg272696 date=1278720675]
Devastated if true. To loose an international standard player hurts bad. Matai adds mongrel and is one of the best dummy half runners in the comp.

Did we win any games whilst he was suspended? I know that we looked crape out wide when he was out.

How the hell has Melbourne not offloaded any of the stars yet, but we have them walking out the door. It's starting to really pee me off.

That's not very true supporter like. Calling our backline "crape". You sir are a disgrace to call yourself a fan.
[/quote]

I think we need a sarcasm emoticon.

If he goes it will be a shame. I for one rate him highly even though you know he will be injured every match. You also knew that next week he'd be back giving it his all.

If at all possible I'd keep him. there a a few players I'd see go well before him.

:p

That is true. I did think that it might have been a tad sarcastic, but you just never know these days

nodd link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=183924.msg272739#msg272739 date=1278731014]

[/quote]

I think we need a sarcasm emoticon.
[/quote]

I would prefer if we kept Matai but not for overs.

I have two questions for everyone. How much would you be willing to pay Matai? and How much do you think the Warriors are offering him?

For me it would be 250k tops for the first one taking all considerations on board (incl poor judiciary record and his off field team value) and 300k+ for the second. There's usually too much broad emotion in these debates and not enough logical deliberation.

Moops link said:
Oh no, the true supporter debate again ::)

I didn't find anything too critical in his post at all. Some of us ARE precious! Expecting another expletive-laden response...

Just for you Moops. Some of MPC's "best" work...

MPC link said:
I thought this was a supporters group. If you are a true supporter, you back the team through thick and thin, win or lose. It's laughable some of the negative crap that is written by so called supporters on here.

Maybe we should call it the hangers on group.

Volley link said:

[/quote]

I obviously struck a nerve with you Volley. You shouldn't take things so personal. Thanks for pointing out my spelling error though. I meant to say crap. Crap being just like the crap you post. And by they way I said they looked crap, I didn't say they "were" crap.

Well, they haven't looked that good!!

MPC link said:

[/quote]

I obviously struck a nerve with you Volley. You shouldn't take things so personal. Thanks for pointing out my spelling error though. I meant to say crap. Crap being just like the crap you post. And by they way I said they looked crap, I didn't say they "were" crap.
[/quote]

Whare will be chomping at the bit.
Hoppa will step up another gear with more experience and his debut out of the way.
2011 looks good. Plenty of youth.
Hope we still keep Tassi. What a gun!!, even better than JWH IMO.

WAMF link said:
Whare will be chomping at the bit.
Hoppa will step up another gear with more experience and his debut out of the way.
2011 looks good. Plenty of youth.
Hope we still keep Tassi. What a gun!!, even better than JWH IMO.
Des and his coaching team certainly know talent when they see it. Throw in DCE and our stocks are looking good. We are going to have to be patient though, as these guys will take time to develop. As much as I hate the Broncos I admire the talent they have brought through this year. I must admit, when they lost a few at the start of the year, I thought they we going to win the spoon for sure.

On that 1st half of footy, it will be tragic if we lose him. 25 year old rep quality centre who is just getting better

MPC link said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

*personally.

No nerve struck. I just think people who claim to know what a "true" supporter is are douchebags. You fit that bill. Carry on enjoying mediocrity.

Let's hope they can rally here tonight in the second half, I'm sure we can both agree on that.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
On that 1st half of footy, it will be tragic if we lose him. 25 year old rep quality centre who is just getting better

Agreed. He is a must keep. Shattered if he goes.

hes been one of our best tonight ,he will be suh a loss ,ill be spewing if he goes.

ps : did anyone notice the lack of emotion when he scored ,think he knows the writings on the wall for his time with us .

he should be a one team player !!!!!!!!

The said thing is, he gives his all for the club, week in and week out. But we'll keep plodders like King and Kite no matter what. Should be the first man re-signed for as long as he wants. He bleeds for the club.

Keep Matai at all cost!

Let's get rid of underacheivers like T-Rex?(big head , short arms, no football ability) and Watmough(can't catch, can't tackle when it counts).

Some people whinge about him being injured all the time, but how much does he put in when he is on the field? I'd say more than any player bar Ballin at the moment.

from what i heard tonite is he wants to stay and has given them until Monday to come up with an offer but he doesnt expect one so he will go to the Warrios - Blocker said tonite that he would be the first player he would sign if he was at Manly

the truth of the matter is we need another 20 players with matais ticker as he is the only one performing at the moment and consistently all year ,besides his suspension , CMON hierachy listen to us and give him a DEAL !!!!!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2