Matai facing two-match NRL ban

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Matai facing two-match NRL ban

AAP Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:51:44
http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/55813/manlys-matai-facing-two-match-nrl-ban/default.aspx

Hard-hitting Manly centre Steve Matai is facing a possible two-match stint on the sidelines after being hit with two dangerous contact charges by the NRL judiciary on Monday.

Matai was put on report for using his knees in a tackle on St George Illawarra five-eighth Jamie Soward just before half-time during the Sea Eagles' 48-18 defeat at Wollongong on Sunday.

The New Zealand international was hit with a second charge relating to a grapple tackle in the second half.

Matai, who had 20 carryover points for each offence, will miss two games - one for each offence - if he makes an early guilty plea.

Dragons recruit Nathan Fien was also charged with a high tackle in the same game but will avoid a ban with the offence carrying 56 points with an early plea, and 75 if he opts to fight the charge and loses.

Probably fair enough, it was a bit of a cheap shot. Seems he just can't help himself sometimes, which is disappointing because we are a better side with him on deck.

DVS agreed.  He can take the time out to get his shoulder, arm, leg and neck and head in shape.  saying that, he'll be missed.  I wonder why he has to do this sort of thing?  No possible benefit in this age of the video.

DSM5 link said:
DVS agreed.  He can take the time out to get his shoulder, arm, leg and neck and head in shape.  saying that, he'll be missed.  I wonder why he has to do this sort of thing?  No possible benefit in this age of the video.

They had soward's bite on video so why does he get off scott free?

This is why farrer is so important to the squad, i player who can pop up and plug holes all over the back 5

So how will the backline look without Matai?

Robbo
T Williams/Suniula
Farrar
Lyon/T Williams or.......Neumann?
D Williams

With all this constant shuffling, it's hard to believe we're sitting 9th sometimes.

I thought it was a nothing incident and he pulled out of going in hard when he realised the position he was in. The judiciary is a total joke imo when Goodwin gets the same penalty for his tackle on Robbo.

eggson link said:

Robbo
T Williams/Suniula
Farrar
D Williams

With all this constant shuffling, it's hard to believe we're sitting 9th sometimes.

Neumann, have we ever won an NRL game when this guy has played with the top side?

He's a bad luck charm if you ask me.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=181055.msg232066#msg232066 date=1247525209]

Robbo
T Williams/Suniula
Farrar
D Williams

Neumann, have we ever won an NRL game when this guy has played with the top side?

[/quote]

I think you would have to go back to around 2004 to find a game we have won with him.

By the way your wife works in the deli right Jethro??

Dan link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=181055.msg232081#msg232081 date=1247532721]

[quote author=eggson link=topic=181055.msg232066#msg232066 date=1247525209]

Robbo
T Williams/Suniula
Farrar
D Williams

[/quote]

I think you would have to go back to around 2004 to find a game we have won with him.

By the way your wife works in the deli right Jethro??
[/quote]

Yeah she does (lately, all day on both days on the weekend until close and Friday & Monday afternoons until close with the occasional fill in shifts in between).

Getting back to Neumann, it just seems to me that every time he is picked, we lose. As soon as I saw that he was in the team on the weekend, I knew straight away that we would definitely lose.

well duh, by the time he is picked we have half a squad missing, its not like he comes in when we have jsut 1 player missing

Fluffy, that deserves a smite.

You should realise by now that logic has absolutely no place on this site :)

Just an answer to a question above, Des picked Neumann to protect Lyon Rd 26 in Penrith last season and we won that

I am yet to see the vision of the Matai thing, is it deserved fella's ?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7