Matai asks for release ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As usual Drossfield is trying to distract attention from the dramas at his beloved Sharks camp by his imaginings at Manly. Just ignore the fool.

ManlyMit said:
Apparently now Warriors actually never tabled an offer to Matai.

Warriors deny Steve Matai chase

The Warriors deny they made an attempt to lure Manly's Steve Matai to Mount Smart despite numerous reports suggesting otherwise.

It's understood that Matai, who has played 12 Tests for the Kiwis, twice requested an early release from the remaining one year on his contract at Brookvale Oval and is seriously considering a move across the ditch.

Although Warriors coach Andrew McFadden admitted the club had at one point considered recruiting the 29-year-old centre, reports by Australian media of a four-year offer worth $2.5million were wide of the mark.

"I was surprised about that report," McFadded said in an interview with RadioLive.

"We certainly haven't tabled anything to Steve.

"Earlier in the season when I first took over we identified that centres was a bit of an issue for us. We were struggling to get 80-minute performances out there.

"We did go looking for centres and Steve's name was linked to us but obviously he had a contract with Manly."

While reports from both Australian and New Zealand media suggest there was in fact a formal offer in place, McFadden rated the chances of Matai coming to the Warriors as "very unlikely."

McFadden pointed to a long list of centres already contracted to the club, including Konrad Hurrell, Ngani Laumape, Dane Nielsen and incoming Raiders rookie Matt Allwood, as the reason Matai would not fit into the Warriors set-up.

That says it all - thank you @ManlyMit. Not only would Matai "not fit into the Warriors set-up", the truth of the matter is he wouldn't fit in the Warriors salary cap. Speculation dismissed!

niccipops said:
BJ seems a top bloke and Stevie's decision is to stay at Manly as he's under contract.

Yes @niccipops I think you're spot on.

We love Matai but Manly must do everthing to resign DCE & Foran. That might mean loosing Matai in 2016. He has a contract until the end of 2015 & Manly should not release Matai until he completes his contract at Manly. The Warriors can have a 31 year old centre whom will be past his best in 2016

And that's why I hate the regurgitation of what sports 'journos' type out being turned into threads on here. (yes I know it won't stop or be moved into sub-forums,) as;

1) They have aganda's. I mean does anyone notice phil's pro sharks anti Manly stance?

2)They are sport's writers - so in effect they drop gravel onto their laptops and print out what appears on the screen.

3)Most of their stories are false and designed as clickbait.

Surely we know why nrl.com doesn't run any of these stories?

Plus from what I've seen hacking into your computers and controlling your webcams; a lot of you aren't in any shape to continualy put yourselves under so much stress! *

*may not be totally true.

globaleagle said:
And that's why I hate the regurgitation of what sports 'journos' type out being turned into threads on here. (yes I know it won't stop or be moved into sub-forums,) as;

1) They have aganda's. I mean does anyone notice phil's pro sharks anti Manly stance?

They have ''agandas'' GE?

Are they similar to pandas, and expensive to keep; hence the other agenda sports journos are behooved to??

:p

RiverEagle said:
globaleagle said:

Are they similar to pandas, and expensive to keep; hence the other agenda sports journos are behooved to??

Aganda (means to have a look) as in take a ganda.

Finally uploaded your avatar, I hope that cap is like the hat at Hogwarts and is the font of all knowledge. (was hoping your avatar would be you wearing something unusual.)

Alan said:
RiverEagle said:
globaleagle said:

Aganda (means to have a look) as in take a ganda.

Finally uploaded your avatar, I hope that cap is like the hat at Hogwarts and is the font of all knowledge. (was hoping your avatar would be you wearing something unusual.)

LOL mate, how could I have missed that ''aganda''!

Well done.

I had a bit of time to work out the avatar-thing; but if your heart's set on that other option I'll work on it!

Have to come clean there tho mate...I don't really own any onesies!

:blush:

Matt Ballin was also on fox sports news and put the rumours to bed.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=ballin-no-tension-at-manly_1226989461473&vc=222

Hold the horses, Nein Weidler has another Choc home visit.

Gist:

Choc reckons Manly should release Matai as they can't match the Warriors money.

Also, the Players have no issues with Wolfie's bets 'at least he backed himself to be the Top Try Scorer. Wolfie is not selfish, if a decision had to be made to pass the ball, he would have made it. We are not a selfish Team.' Choc was actually smiling at the fact that Wolfie backed himself :D

Hope Choc is well rested and is raring to go on Monday :angel:

Why did Matai's manager come out and state that an extension was on the cards two days ago...Steve must not know anything about this, or why would his close mate come out in support of a release?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2