Matai asks for release ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Notice the correction article in todays DT was written by someone else, Rothtool must of been too busy to say "I got it wrong"

globaleagle said:
RiverEagle said:
In bed @globaleagle ?

Sleeping, on the job, a bit of both...No matter!

Poor form and duly noted.

This breach, and blatant lack of commitment, may and probly will be held against you. A true supportah would sync his body-clock to maximise his supporting lifestyle!

As for Skivy...Hope he stays (and we can reward him well enough). If not, let him go home and not have to go to the UK for one last payday.

(And fine GE heavily for ''skiving'' off the job there, too!)

In my defence.....I was sleepy.

edit: see...the ballin should be it's own thread, etc.

negative stories should have their own sub forum where no one will read them.....just lies! go pat a puppy instead of posting click desperate sports typists (not journos)

And, in my defence, I was joking.

:(

globaleagle said:
RiverEagle said:
In bed @globaleagle ?

Sleeping, on the job, a bit of both...No matter!

Poor form and duly noted.

This breach, and blatant lack of commitment, may and probly will be held against you. A true supportah would sync his body-clock to maximise his supporting lifestyle!

As for Skivy...Hope he stays (and we can reward him well enough). If not, let him go home and not have to go to the UK for one last payday.

(And fine GE heavily for ''skiving'' off the job there, too!)

edit: see...the ballin should be it's own thread, etc.

negative stories should have their own sub forum where no one will read them.....just lies! go pat a puppy instead of posting click desperate sports typists (not journos)

It should also have been submitted as an article.
icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=ballin-no-tension-at-manly_1226989461473&vc=222

Matty on FoxSports today 3:00 minutes in he discusses the (dis)harmony :)

RiverEagle said:
globaleagle said:

And, in my defence, I was joking.

:(

I knew that!....... That's why I gave a pretty lame defence! Good 'de' fences make good neighbours!

Jethro said:
It should also have been submitted as an article.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes..... good luck with that one! :s:-/:-/:-/

HappilyManly said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=ballin-no-tension-at-manly_1226989461473&vc=222

Well, that settles it then!!! If it came from Matty Johns, it has no basis in fact, and is unlikely to ever occur.

HappilyManly said:

Thanks for that video link.
I've got to say that the ol' Matty.B is HOT and has very nice arms. He uses them for a good cause too, leading Manly's tackle count almost every week.
Sorry blokes.:angel:

The papers were all over an alleged feud between Matai and Gift just a few years back. Now they love each other so. That is what makes the footy great, it is like a real life soap opera.

In new revelations to hit the papers tomorrow we learn that Manly is a divided club, with its maroon and white colours unable to get along together any longer. Maroon is seeking a release to join the Roosters.

Brissie Kid said:
In new revelations to hit the papers tomorrow we learn that Manly is a divided club, with its maroon and white colours unable to get along together any longer. Maroon is seeking a release to join the Roosters.

If there is any more of that talk we will just leave him on a desert island. What's the word for that again?

Brissie Kid said:
Just love this sort of talk, give the boys some extra motivation.
Too old, too weary, done it all before, not 'cap' happy, too small, asking for releases all over the place, wrong nicknames, bad blood.

YEAH, SKITCHEM TALON-BEAK ! ;)

Apparently now Warriors actually never tabled an offer to Matai.

Warriors deny Steve Matai chase

The Warriors deny they made an attempt to lure Manly's Steve Matai to Mount Smart despite numerous reports suggesting otherwise.

It's understood that Matai, who has played 12 Tests for the Kiwis, twice requested an early release from the remaining one year on his contract at Brookvale Oval and is seriously considering a move across the ditch.

Although Warriors coach Andrew McFadden admitted the club had at one point considered recruiting the 29-year-old centre, reports by Australian media of a four-year offer worth $2.5million were wide of the mark.

"I was surprised about that report," McFadded said in an interview with RadioLive.

"We certainly haven't tabled anything to Steve.

"Earlier in the season when I first took over we identified that centres was a bit of an issue for us. We were struggling to get 80-minute performances out there.

"We did go looking for centres and Steve's name was linked to us but obviously he had a contract with Manly."

While reports from both Australian and New Zealand media suggest there was in fact a formal offer in place, McFadden rated the chances of Matai coming to the Warriors as "very unlikely."

McFadden pointed to a long list of centres already contracted to the club, including Konrad Hurrell, Ngani Laumape, Dane Nielsen and incoming Raiders rookie Matt Allwood, as the reason Matai would not fit into the Warriors set-up.

Meanwhile, Nielsen, touted as a 'marquee signing' has failed to deliver since he arrived fresh from winning an NRL premiership with Melbourne in 2012 and was relegated to the New South Wales Cup before Laumape's suspension saw him return to the first grade side last month.

He is contracted to the end of the 2015 season but it's unlikely the Warriors will look to extend his stay.

While Allwood will be a project for the future, Laumape can fill the left centre spot but isn't considered a long-term option.

link is:

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/warriors-deny-steve-matai-chase-6028857?ref=rss

I am not sure the Eagles should be looking at an up grade for Skivvy. When his contract is up the club can look at it then. More important matters to consider right now. We were one of the 7 clubs bidding for Mitch Garbutt and we missed out. Who now is in the club sights for the front row next year?

Hold on Folks. Anyone with Foxtel go to 513.

Matai asking for release. :( is the Headline.

No rift, BJ reckons in snippet.

That bloody Parra Jersey must have pushed him over the edge :mad:

OMG- regurgitation of Warriors offer. No interview with Matai; and that he loves Matai :heart: :huh:

BJ, Hass and Tommy all reckon everyone is tight.
But BJ says he would respect Stevie's decision no matter what :angel:

So normal operations resume - even Bugulugs is still training at Narra :heart: :)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=were-a-tight-bunch_1226991089774&vc=222

Only disturbing News is, Chee Kam, Berryman and Satini got hold of Cosmo's hairdresser :s

HappilyManly said:
OMG- regurgitation of Warriors offer.
Same story as Rothtool's just four days out of date.
BJ seems a top bloke and Stevie's decision is to stay at Manly as he's under contract.
Hope Stevie's got Bunji in his sights for Monday.

niccipops said:
HappilyManly said:
OMG- regurgitation of Warriors offer.
Same story as Rothtool's just four days out of date.
BJ seems a top bloke and Stevie's decision is to stay at Manly as he's under contract.
Hope Stevie's got Bunji in his sights for Monday.

What did you think of the 3 crop tops walking past at the end?
Their Girlfriends must be super understanding :p

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7