Matai asks for release ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting to see in the Manly Daily his manager has said that Matai made those comments over a month ago. Says they are in talks to extend at Manly. Sorry not sure how to post article.

bones said:
bob dylan said:
If he is contracted he should be made honour it. All clubs need to take a stand on this.

Anyway is it not a breach for a club to approach a contracted player?

Even if they are approaching that player about joining them 12 months before his contract is up?

Didn't stop Greenturd from poaching Des over a year out.......

Thehill said:
Interesting to see in the Manly Daily his manager has said that Matai made those comments over a month ago. Says they are in talks to extend at Manly. Sorry not sure how to post article.

Found the link. Thanks the Hill. Clears things up a bit.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/matai-in-talks-for-new-contract-upgrade-at-sea-eagles/story-fngr8iii-1226988532460?nk=1065f4cbf25660a9b080eccde6cd2f39

dowdz said:
Thehill said:

Found the link. Thanks the Hill. Clears things up a bit.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/matai-in-talks-for-new-contract-upgrade-at-sea-eagles/story-fngr8iii-1226988532460?nk=1065f4cbf25660a9b080eccde6cd2f39

Obviously rothtool can't navigate to the news local part of his site.

Great news that they are looking to upgrade the Manly contract. I have no doubts about Matai being a huge piece of the premiership puzzle moving forward. I don't think Hiku is anywhere near ready to fill his shoes.

Orr wasn't the leak - sounds like he is the one correcting the misinformation :cool:

Manly must be doing something right to irk the Great Unwashed :p

Mals said:
Ramrod said:
We need to add more 200 first grade games players to Manly's list.

Matai is almost there. Also Killer, Ballin, Snake.
I can see Foz and Buhrer after that.
Who doesn't want life membership of our great football club??

Shame about Gifty.

Yep some lengthy injuries have cost Gift the chance of joining the 200 club & getting life membership :(

On Matai if he wants to go let him go. He has taken unders in the past to stay at Manly & a big final pay day can set him up for life after footy.

I can't agree. Matai hasn't played his 200 games yet.

Until he has done a proper service to the club by reaching the 200 games milestone, there will be no deals.

Skivi has to do his time before committing the crime! (by leaving our great club). That goes for all great players, not the so-so ones which are exempted.

I'm all about Manly!

pags said:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/matai-in-talks-for-new-contract-upgrade-at-sea-eagles/story-fngr8iii-1226988532460

This should be a new thread.

Otherwise we're just always focusing on the negative.

The false story by rooth was posted and we all showed outrage.

Why hasn't "Matai in new manly deal" been posted with references to this article?

Don't we want good news (and actually true) stories on silvertails?

Shame on you all. SHAME silvertails SHAME!

And you can't blame me for not posting, I was in bed. :p

In bed @globaleagle ?

Sleeping, on the job, a bit of both...No matter!

Poor form and duly noted.

This breach, and blatant lack of commitment, may and probly will be held against you. A true supportah would sync his body-clock to maximise his supporting lifestyle!

As for Skivy...Hope he stays (and we can reward him well enough). If not, let him go home and not have to go to the UK for one last payday.

(And fine GE heavily for ''skiving'' off the job there, too!)

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/ballin-denies-rumours-of-manly-unrest/tabid/91/newsid/137392/default.aspx

Ballin denies rumours of Manly unrest
Monday, July 14, 2014
Source: SportsFan

Sea Eagles hooker Matt Ballin has hit back at rumours of unrest within Manly's camp, declaring that the Sea Eagles have come to terms with Glenn Stewart's imminent departure.

A report in the Daily Telegraph on Monday suggested that the fallout from Manly's decision not to offer Stewart a new contract has continue to upset the playing group, especially in light of the contracts handed out to Jamie Buhrer and Jesse Sene-Lefao.

But Ballin has moved to allay fears of an exodus at the club, saying that the Sea Eagles are grieving for their lost comrade but moving on with their season.

"It's a very happy place [at Manly]," Ballin told SportsFan's Will McCloy. "We're winning games and everybody is happy off the field as well."

"There is always going to be rumours around players leaving or staying and it is really upsetting that Glenn is leaving, but in the end that's footy and he's realised that and the rest of the club has as well.

"We're just moving on with our footy and doing the best we can while he's still here at the club."

Sea Eagles centre Steve Matai added to the intrigue over the weekend, telling the New Zealand Herald that he is disappointed with the club over their handling of Stewart.

"It might have a snowball effect on other senior players," said Matai, who also revealed the Sea Eagles have rebuffed his attempts to join the Warriors on a four-year deal.

"We've been together for 10 years and for the club not to see the culture we've built is disappointing."

Fullback Brett Stewart is also said to be disenchanted with the treatment his brother has received from Manly and assessing his options.

Like Brisbane and Melbourne before them, Ballin says that Manly are victims of their own success, with the constraints of the salary cap meaning players will be squeezed out whether they like it or not.

Regardless, Ballin says that no player is bigger than the club, pointing out that even the great Steve Menzies was eventually forced out of Manly.

"With a successful club, you can't keep all your best players," Ballin said.

"That's what the salary cap was put in for. Some players stay and some players move, that's the nature of the beast.

"Brent Kite left last year; the great Steve Menzies was forced out of the club.

"It's not as if any player is individually picked out. It's just the way that things go. There's none bigger than Steve Menzies for Manly and he had to leave as well.

"In a perfect world it'd be great if we could all stay at Manly and play together for the rest of our careers.

"We'd love nothing more than that, but we realise at the same time that it's not possible and that some players have to move.

globaleagle said:
pags said:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/matai-in-talks-for-new-contract-upgrade-at-sea-eagles/story-fngr8iii-1226988532460

This should be a new thread.

Otherwise we're just always focusing on the negative.

The false story by rooth was posted and we all showed outrage.

Why hasn't "Matai in new manly deal" been posted with references to this article?

Don't we want good news (and actually true) stories on silvertails?

Shame on you all. SHAME silvertails SHAME!

And you can't blame me for not posting, I was in bed. :p
What a non-surprise, our ace blood-hound reporter came across a scoop without realising the news was several months old and the story was a few chapters out of date.

Ahhh,finals time is approaching,you can smell it in the air,they do this every year,at the start of the year,and coming towards the finals,the tool is jealous because he knows his mob want be there again this year,so they try and do the next best thing,try and derail the Manly juggernaut by creating false tension,because they know,this is our time of the year,where the boys always switch on,regardless how sloppy their form is leading up to the finals,this is where the boys love it the best,one day they will realise that it only refuels the fire,makes us stronger,so I just say,BRING IT

RiverEagle said:
In bed @globaleagle ?

Sleeping, on the job, a bit of both...No matter!

Poor form and duly noted.

This breach, and blatant lack of commitment, may and probly will be held against you. A true supportah would sync his body-clock to maximise his supporting lifestyle!

As for Skivy...Hope he stays (and we can reward him well enough). If not, let him go home and not have to go to the UK for one last payday.

(And fine GE heavily for ''skiving'' off the job there, too!)

In my defence.....I was sleepy.

edit: see...the ballin should be it's own thread, etc.

negative stories should have their own sub forum where no one will read them.....just lies! go pat a puppy instead of posting click desperate sports typists (not journos)

master blaster said:
Ahhh,finals time is approaching,you can smell it in the air,they do this every year,at the start of the year,and coming towards the finals,the tool is jealous because he knows his mob want be there again this year,so they try and do the next best thing,try and derail the Manly juggernaut by creating false tension,because they know,this is our time of the year,where the boys always switch on,regardless how sloppy their form is leading up to the finals,this is where the boys love it the best,one day they will realise that it only refuels the fire,makes us stronger,so I just say,BRING IT

ON.

bob dylan said:
master blaster said:

ON.
sorry Bob,lol

HappilyManly said:
If this is the second request, then we should respect Matai's reasons and grant it. Blair was brought in as a centre.

The RU just granted it to one of their most popular player, 'The Honey Badger'. Japan offered a motza and his Family's medical challenges can now at least be helped by him financially :angel:

Skivi will remain a Manly Legend no matter where he finishes his career :heart:

So as long as you ask twice it's OK?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4